View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 107 of 182 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3633
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    It doesn't matter know that hp says that they didn't buy palm to be in the smartphone business. Any smart individual wouldn't buy a pre know. They will want to wait for better news about the future. I love web os but I might as well jump on android now if this os isn't going to last.
    So far the iPhones, Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, Nexus and other smartphones that I have used are not making me jump OS ship. They all have cons and pros, but I always feel better using webOS. If the HTC Evo had a smaller OLED display and webOS I would get in a heartbeat!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Well, HP threw the white flag for Palm recently. It's over guys. It's been fun but I'm outie. EVO here I come!
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    So far the iPhones, Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, Nexus and other smartphones that I have used are not making me jump OS ship. They all have cons and pros, but I always feel better using webOS. If the HTC Evo had a smaller OLED display and webOS I would get in a heartbeat!
    OLED is an over-hyped, over-priced technology at the moment. The N1 has it and people are consistently preferring the screen on the EVO. Especially when using outdoors, where the N1 is basically unusable. Battery life also seen any effects from the OLED technology at the moment.
    Does not hurt to try something new. Atleast with Sprint we got 30 days to return. I will try Android friday but if I dont like it I will maybe get something else. After todays news from HP I want to start fresh on a new operating system. Palm no longer exist realy . And with HP BAsically saying no new phones it time to move on.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    slingplayer alone makes me want to make the jump. I don't like the idea of no keyboard, but I think swype, which is available for android (at least in beta form), will make the switch to no keyboard better for me. I'm already used to kinda crappy battery life and I can always switch back the new WebOS phone whenever it comes out. I'll be eligible for another upgrade in a year's time anyway.
    I'm reluctant as well, but users at Android Central are quite happy with it, saying that Palm Pre users will prefer the larger keyboard on the EVO.

Basically, I came to a realization that my next phone will have an on-screen keyboard as I refure to have any moving parts on a phone (learned my lesson with the Pre) and I am not willing to sacrifice screen space for a dedicated keyboard (BBs, Pixi, etc.)
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ib0617 View Post
    Let me start off by saying I love WebOS. I'm not trying to start a war but can someone please explain to me how WebOS is better than Android? Just because the interface is simpler than Android doesn't mean it's BETTER. And just because it multitasks differently also doesn't make it BETTER. Some may even argue that a UI that has only 5 icons at the bottom and a background is boring. In respect Android has many more features than WebOS and is growing at a much faster rate.

When I hear people say it's to clunky or it's not as simple as WebOS I simply laugh. Android is very simple to learn and even better with HTC Sense.
    Android is the future. The growth rate and future outlook is proof. WebOS was a nice dream. Looks beautiful but it's too boring. The quality of the apps alone show the strengh of an operating system and the WebOS is simply abysmal in that respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    I'm reluctant as well, but users at Android Central are quite happy with it, saying that Palm Pre users will prefer the larger keyboard on the EVO.

Basically, I came to a realization that my next phone will have an on-screen keyboard as I refure to have any moving parts on a phone (learned my lesson with the Pre) and I am not willing to sacrifice screen space for a dedicated keyboard (BBs, Pixi, etc.)
    I would really just suggest that you try it out in store. I tried out the HTC Keyboard on the hero and it really wasn't bad at all.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Again you got 30 dayz at Sprint to return it for ALL your money back. No out of pocket if you dont like it. Have a look at the FROYO videos. ist as good as WEB OS and its coming soon for the EVO. And word its this keyboard is amazing . It has some vibration in it as you type to give the responsivness of a hard keyboard.
    I thought ( From the new comerical with Sprint CEO) that it was 100% money back and no restock fee. Guess I assumed incorrectly. sorry folks.

Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    You get 30 days to return then pay a $35.00 restocking fee if you are a current customer.
    deihmos , thanks for the heads up before I gave out bad info. Much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by npoz View Post
    So this friday I am dumping my Pre in favor of the new EVO. My question is regarding the contacts on the palm profile. Will they be able to transfer the contacts from the palm profile to the EVO? I have gmail account also that I recently added but there are only a handful of contacts there and the bulk are on my palm profile.

Thank you in advance
    If you can get your Palm contacts into Outlook, you can transfer them to gmail.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Sprint Free Guarantee

For new customers and customers adding new lines of service

We love and believe in our products and services. We’re confident you will too. That’s why, as a new customer or an existing customer adding a new line of service we’ll give you 30 days to try us for free.
    If for any reason you’re not happy and want to cancel service, just call us to deactivate and return to the original place of purchase to return your undamaged phone or mobile broadband card and we’ll:

Refund monthly charges incurred as part of your service plan*
    Refund the activation fee
    Refund the purchase price of your device
    Waive the Early Termination Fee
    Waive the restocking fee
    Refund taxes and Sprint surcharges associated with the above charges
    What you can do is add a new line, try it for 30 days, than return the phone if you do not like it, or keep it if you do.
    If you do like it but can't keep it because you want to upgrade, well, just return the phone and then do the upgrade since you already know you'll be happy with the Evo.

If any of you jumps ship, no shame, you'll be back for the next big thing from Palm.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Who come June 4th is bailing on the Pre (or Pixi) for the EVO?
    yes going evo but not giving up on pre giving up on my hero

Fred
    I am, keeping the pre for a back up though.
    for such an awesome OS it runs on crap hardware...
    I wont walk but run to get the EVO, then just for fun, see how far I can actually throw the Pre
    They just consolidated about 30 threads like this into here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...-official.html

Thanks for starting another one.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    so if you add a new line, the person with the first line won't be able to upgrade their device in 2 years?
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!