View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 106 of 182 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 3633
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ANDROIDCENTRAL.NET is where you post ANDROID stuff!!!
    This is interesting nonetheless. I actually saw it on AndroidCentral as I tend to roam their forums. (My wife has a Sprint Hero) I think that all of these websites here at SmartPhone Experts Network should have this sort of questionnaire (not mandatory, leaving an option for NI - Not Interested).

Its nothing to write a story about, but, is definately interesting....
    I was surprised that so many more Blackberry users are switching than Webos users.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    That should really have RIM scratching their heads... I wonder if HP should buy RIM and then use webOS for the next-gen BlackBerry. If HP owned the technology for the BB Enterprise server, that would be HUGE for HP and webOS... IMHO
    Is there a gesture area? No . . . then I think I'll stick with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    So this friday I am dumping my Pre in favor of the new EVO. My question is regarding the contacts on the palm profile. Will they be able to transfer the contacts from the palm profile to the EVO? I have gmail account also that I recently added but there are only a handful of contacts there and the bulk are on my palm profile.

Thank you in advance
    Put simply, no - Android won't be able to access your Palm Profile. As to getting your contacts off your Palm Profile and on to an Android device... I honestly can't think of a way. You might have to manually enter them. Hopefully someone else can help you.
    Save all your contacts to google and hope android can sync with it. That's probably your best bet.
    <<thread merged>>
    I don't think I've ever unsubscribed faster from a thread than when you just merged this :P
    Quote Originally Posted by npoz View Post
    So this friday I am dumping my Pre in favor of the new EVO. My question is regarding the contacts on the palm profile. Will they be able to transfer the contacts from the palm profile to the EVO? I have gmail account also that I recently added but there are only a handful of contacts there and the bulk are on my palm profile.

Thank you in advance
    do a search...there is a way to pull your palm profile contacts. it will save it in as a file format(i can't think of the format right now) and just upload it to your Google account if u have one..if not just make one. i did this a while back when palm's stupid back up didn't work and i lost all my contacts.i'm pretty sure a bunch of members on this site lost theirs too
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Put simply, no - Android won't be able to access your Palm Profile. As to getting your contacts off your Palm Profile and on to an Android device... I honestly can't think of a way. You might have to manually enter them. Hopefully someone else can help you.
    FYI, they should be able to do this at the store. They should have a device that can connect both devices. That's how they do it on older phones or people changing carriers... Call the store you plan to buy from and ask before you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post

found it.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-contacts.html
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    See people, the Evo isn't that big.
    I see you are in NC, RadioShack on Brier Creek and BestBuy on Crabtree Valley Mall (both in Raleigh) have a dummy Evo on display. To my needs and taste it is Huge
    I can't see myself using a big phone like that, but there are ppl who will be happy with it. On the other hand, I'm very happy with webOS, Android is not as great, although it has many good things going for it (and HTC Sense works great too).
    Try your local Sprint, BB and RadioShack stores in Winston-Salem, at this point they might even have a working demo of the HTC Evo.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    "Still selling" is relative. Even with Sprint as starved for modern smartphones as they are, their WebOS sales declined each quarter like everyone else.

Not really the point I was making anyway. Sprint's upfront prices combined with their stupid mail-in rebates are a deterrent, plain and simple. Especially at places like Best Buy where all four carriers are sold.
    Best buy and Radio shack do instant rebates for Sprint phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Best buy and Radio shack do instant rebates for Sprint phones.
    i'm pretty sure BB does.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Let me start off by saying I love WebOS. I'm not trying to start a war but can someone please explain to me how WebOS is better than Android? Just because the interface is simpler than Android doesn't mean it's BETTER. And just because it multitasks differently also doesn't make it BETTER. Some may even argue that a UI that has only 5 icons at the bottom and a background is boring. In respect Android has many more features than WebOS and is growing at a much faster rate.

When I hear people say it's to clunky or it's not as simple as WebOS I simply laugh. Android is very simple to learn and even better with HTC Sense.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I LOVE MY EVO!!! It's soooooo fassssst!!!

Didn't have to wait for summer to come either, have had it for a couple of years now
    Quote Originally Posted by ib0617 View Post
    Let me start off by saying I love WebOS. I'm not trying to start a war but can someone please explain to me how WebOS is better than Android? Just because the interface is simpler than Android doesn't mean it's BETTER. And just because it multitasks differently also doesn't make it BETTER. Some may even argue that a UI that has only 5 icons at the bottom and a background is boring. In respect Android has many more features than WebOS and is growing at a much faster rate.

When I hear people say it's to clunky or it's not as simple as WebOS I simply laugh. Android is very simple to learn and even better with HTC Sense.
    I have done quite a bit of research on the multitasking with android and it seems that there are a tonne of problems according to users. Many of them pointing towards webos as a superior multitasking platform. I won't be quick to jump any bandwagon and 4G won't be introduced for some time. Also, the pre is as big as I want a phone and the os is pretty damn good and includes some excellent support / os upgrades for free. Cheers to palm.
    slingplayer alone makes me want to make the jump. I don't like the idea of no keyboard, but I think swype, which is available for android (at least in beta form), will make the switch to no keyboard better for me. I'm already used to kinda crappy battery life and I can always switch back the new WebOS phone whenever it comes out. I'll be eligible for another upgrade in a year's time anyway.