View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 103 of 182 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3633
    Sprint will find a way to mess it up! They're gonna have to jump ship & get on all carriers SOON! If not, we will have a double funeral for the Pre & the Evo!

There are currently 49 threads on PreCentral with "EVO" in the title. That doesn't count all the threads with titles like "Why I'm Jumping Ship", or "Goodbye Palm" or "The Sky is Falling" or "Palm Needs New Hardware Or Else", etc etc.

We have become the best advertisement for Android phones on the web. If you google "switching from my palm pre to EVO" you start seeing PreCentral posts in the top 4 search results...

...just sayin'[/QUOTE]
    I would love for the Evo to take over the market... But I don't see that happening if it's a Sprint exclusive. I travel across the country (3,000 to 4,000 miles weekly). Like I said before, from the people I talk to, All the hype is on the iphone's release. Very few people know about the Evo. Sprint sales reps aren't as pushy & persistent as the competitors. So once the initial "outta the gate" sales slows down... That will be the demise of the Evo... Maybe the next Sprint push will be an HP/Palm/Evo device...lol... I'm just anti-Sprint right now... They took a big dump on Palm. Where are our Pre Plus phones on Sprint???
    Hello,

I'm not sure if the actual techcrunch review of the Evo 4G is already posted in this thread: An iPhone Lover’s Take On The HTC EVO 4G

You should read it, before you say a fast "Goodbye my Pre..." :-)

I personally think Engadget do great reviews, but this time, they reviewed the Evo 4G as a hyped smartphone with NO neutral position. Just my oppinion...
    Thanks barkerja. Looks like Arnold and Danny in "Twins".
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Doesn't really look like much besides a height difference. How about the width? Is it much fatter then a pre? (Which is very slim if you ask me)
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    Doesn't really look like much besides a height difference. How about the width? Is it much fatter then a pre? (Which is very slim if you ask me)
    The width seems pretty obvious in those pictures. Are you asking about the depth (thickness)? I'd be interested in seeing a picture of that too.
    I tell you that phone is beautiful. I'm just waiting for more of a 3.7 screen instead of the 4.3. And instead of 4g I would rather have a 3g one because of the $10 charge. I know its not that much, But I don't pay my bill.
    I agree.. i'm also torn here...

I say do NOT get the Pre... it's a year old now.. and in 3 months after apple announces a new phone Palm/HP will also announce new phones.

That being said... your in a tuff spot.. that extra $10 a month is a kick in the sack. But worse case you can always sell it later on for the new Palm Phone.
    Truth is the Palm Pre Plus is virtually identical to the original Pre anyway - the extra RAM doesn't help a lot in real terms - it certainly doesn't let apps load faster or make navigation faster. Yes you get an extra 8GB storage, and that may be important to you.

Honestly, the Pre and the Pre Plus are so identical in performance terms and (mostly) hardware that you could easily justify getting an original Pre.
    Thats what I want, but with WebOS on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Hello,

I'm not sure if the actual techcrunch review of the Evo 4G is already posted in this thread: An iPhone Loverís Take On The HTC EVO 4G

You should read it, before you say a fast "Goodbye my Pre..." :-)

I personally think Engadget do great reviews, but this time, they reviewed the Evo 4G as a hyped smartphone with NO neutral position. Just my oppinion...
    ...Phone Arena loves it: HTC EVO 4G Review - page4 (Phone Arena Reviews)

PhoneDog loves it. Engadget loves it. So do lots of other reviewers. Battery life is the main caveat, and for people here to act like that's a dealbreaker for a smartphone, it's just laughable.
    You have made it this far...what is a couple more months? There is still a chance that a new Palm device still may be announced toward the end of the summer.

And if not, perhaps they will have some nice discounts on the Evo by then...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    ...Phone Arena loves it: HTC EVO 4G Review - page4 (Phone Arena Reviews)

PhoneDog loves it. Engadget loves it. So do lots of other reviewers. Battery life is the main caveat, and for people here to act like that's a dealbreaker for a smartphone, it's just laughable.
    Yeah laughable...
    I'm to lazy to search the web now for the FIRST reviews of the Palm Pre, back in 2009, I think the echo from the reviewers was the same as now for the Evo! They loved it.
    Think about it...
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Yeah laughable...
    I'm to lazy to search the web now for the FIRST reviews of the Palm Pre, back in 2009, I think the echo from the reviewers was the same as now for the Evo! They loved it.
    Think about it...
    Uh, that's exactly the point.
    Yeah that would be great with WEB OS
    Holy Shhhhnikes! That's a freakin' huge phone. haha

I love the big screen, but I don't know if I want to lug something that size around in my pocket. :S
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    UPDATING: Due to many issues with WebOS, see link here as needed, I am investigating some other platform avenues.

I am looking into the EVO as a new phone, but not having had an Android device before, I am looking for some guidance. Can anyone help out with their opionions; more from the stability of the software system standpoint, since hardware obviously varies by manufacturer? I had the iPhone before and while I did enjoy the consistency, I hated being locked down as much as it was (even after jailbreaking) and hated AT&T's poor network even more.

I have visited the Android forums and have a good idea, of what to expect if I head that direction. But I would like a real life user experience of one that has hacked WebOS and Android....not just played politically right comments for reviews for the masses.

Consistency and reliability seem to becoming a higher priority for me; I think I am getting old, lol.

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by neoncorey; 06/01/2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: thread movement and thought alignment - hahaha
    It is a hard spot to be in, I would definitely recommend the Pre. I have loved it since day 1 in June. Palm has continued to give us gifts of updates monthly, I can't think of any other vendor that ever had that kind of feedback. They definitely issue bug fixes and features very quickly. I don't think even Android is that fast.

I guess my point is that you aren't just buying the hardware, you are getting the community, the company, and software. I think webOS/Palm/Homebrew community is the BEST for any mobile device and you just won't find that anywhere else.

I would - am waiting till the new HPalm C40? comes out. In the meantime, I still love my overclocked Pre.
    But it does feel slow sometimes (without overclocking) and battery life (I don't have an extended battery) leaves something to be desired. Wait if you can, or buy a Pre.
    Last edited by jwdv22; 06/01/2010 at 09:58 AM.
    I find it funny so many people say its the EVO is too big. For its multimedia capabilities...ie: video, recording, Youtube, Qik.....the screen size is perfect. Big enough for a great view, but just small enough to still be considered a phone and not a tablet/slate.

Dont get me wrong, and it is all personal opinion....I love WebOs, but I am absolutely done with the PRE in terms of hardware. Just isnt for me anymore. In all honesty, if you could put WebOs on the EVO I would be in heaven.

The only real decision I have to make is whether I am putting my PRE on my second line, or trading it in? I am fully prepared for what features will be missing with Android, but am also excited to see what the OS can do. There is a reason Android is doing so well right now.

I will have no regrets with the EVO, same as I had no regrets last year when I got the PRE on launch day.