View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 102 of 182 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3633
    I love my Pre, but I want the Evo... not eligible until August, but wife can upgrade. Was thinking about upgrading her and then doing an ESN swap... lol I dunno. If there was an easier way to upgrade without paying upwards of $500 I would definitely do it!
    Looks like the Evo has lots of "in house" hype surrounding it. The problem is it's on Sprint. Sprint hasn't been advertising the Evo either. That's what kinda put Palm on it's heels. Most people that I've spoken to have no idea of what the Evo is or that it's coming out. It's gonna be a flop if Sprint won't advertise!
    Looks like the Evo has lots of "in house" hype surrounding it. The problem is it's on Sprint. Sprint hasn't been advertising the Evo either. That's what kinda put Palm on it's heels. Most people that I've spoken to have no idea of what the Evo is or that it's coming out. It's gonna be a flop if Sprint won't advertise!
    The Evo will do well the 1st two weeks. Not many people know about it. It'll have to go to a carrier that's gonna advertise it if it's gonna survive. I hope it does well. Sprint needs a flagship phone but they also need to learn how to market their product.
    Arguing about what phone OS is best reminds me of those grade-school arguments of ford vs chevy. While some make valid points based on facts, the arguments always seem to come up about the opinions.
    The Evo isn't getting that great of a review. I'll stick with the Pre.

Business & Technology | HTC Evo 4G is multimedia milestone | Seattle Times Newspaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand View Post
    The Evo isn't getting that great of a review. I'll stick with the Pre.

Business & Technology | HTC Evo 4G is multimedia milestone | Seattle Times Newspaper
    I'll trust engadget over the seattle times.

HTC EVO 4G review -- Engadget
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    the average person on the street has never heard of the Evo... Only power users know about that phone. If it's not on ALL major carriers by the end of summer, it's gonna be the biggest flop since Millii Vanilli's greatest hits CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbizzy72 View Post
    the average person on the street has never heard of the Evo... Only power users know about that phone. If it's not on ALL major carriers by the end of summer, it's gonna be the biggest flop since Millii Vanilli's greatest hits CD.
    How many people knew about the droid incredible before it went on sale? As of right now it is having trouble staying in stock. I have seen Evo ads all over websites. If Sprint/HTC pushed a bit of TV ads it would sell very very fast. But I bet anyone who walks into a Sprint store is going to have a sales rep show them the Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    How many people knew about the droid incredible before it went on sale? As of right now it is having trouble staying in stock. I have seen Evo ads all over websites. If Sprint/HTC pushed a bit of TV ads it would sell very very fast. But I bet anyone who walks into a Sprint store is going to have a sales rep show them the Evo.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbizzy72 View Post
    Well, there are about 345,000 PrePentral members that know about it because it's all we seem to talk about these days...

There are currently 49 threads on PreCentral with "EVO" in the title. That doesn't count all the threads with titles like "Why I'm Jumping Ship", or "Goodbye Palm" or "The Sky is Falling" or "Palm Needs New Hardware Or Else", etc etc.

We have become the best advertisement for Android phones on the web. If you google "switching from my palm pre to EVO" you start seeing PreCentral posts in the top 4 search results...

...just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Well, there are about 345,000 PrePentral members that know about it because it's all we seem to talk about these days...

There are currently 49 threads on PreCentral with "EVO" in the title. That doesn't count all the threads with titles like "Why I'm Jumping Ship", or "Goodbye Palm" or "The Sky is Falling" or "Palm Needs New Hardware Or Else", etc etc.

We have become the best advertisement for Android phones on the web. If you google "switching from my palm pre to EVO" you start seeing PreCentral posts in the top 4 search results...

...just sayin'
    Where did you find the number of users here from?
    Whether i jump ship or not, i think i would always feel like a part of Pre|C forums.
    I feel like i know everybody here, and most of you know me.
    It would be hard to leave here no matter what phone i get.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Where did you find the number of users here from?
    At the bottom of the page that lists the forums it shows number of members, number currently on the site, number of guests, etc.

Then I did a search for any forum title with EVO in it... and I got 49 of them in the results list... I'm sure it will swell to over 100 once the EVO actaully launches, because creating redundant threads and talking about the EVO seems to be such a popular activity on EVOcentral, er I mean PreCentral these days...

49 threads... not counting the zillions that are about the EVO but don't have it in their title...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    godPhone = EVO
    jesusPhone = iPhone

best phone = Pre+
    I thought the godPhone was special red phone that sat on the Pope's desk....

Nope.
    The Saint
    Okay, here is the summarized version of what im going through. I have Sprint. I want the Palm Pre Plus. But obviously I can't have that. So I am really looking into the Palm Pre from Sprint. But with the HTC EVO 4G coming out friday I am torn between getting that or the Pre. The data add-on for the Pre is $30 extra add-on for my current families plan. (Summarized, not quite) Now the Evo is a $40 data plan a month, but I dont like in a 4G area at all. I like how the webOS looks and I have been able to play around with and it was nice. But after knowing there is a better Pre with more RAM out there I am just frustrated. I keep going back and forth between the Evo and Pre. Now I have a phone contract that I am able to renew and get $150 credit towards and new 2 year contract. This would pay for the pre completely, and I would have to spend and extra $50 for the Evo. Also it will be $120 extra a year for that 4G coverage that I have no clue when will be available to me. I see that the Pre has an active Homebrew community, I've done homebrew on other devices, especially hardcore on the PSP, and iPod Touch. I have been reading a lot about the Pre being outdated, and bad battery life. But I love the physical keyboard (does it have a backlight) and the size of the phone. The Evo is HUGE. I was able to use one hands on a few days ago. So, can someone with some smartphone knowledge give me some guidance and insight. Is a Palm Pre a good starting smartphone? I also want to swipe up a touchstone. I have read that the touchstones are hard to find recently at sprint retailers, and there are rumors of the Pre Plus for sprint...rumors?

Thanks, very long first post.

Here are two pics I took of the Evo I have.. one next to the Hero, another next to the Pre.

Wow! that huge screen looks awesome.
    And sorry for the lack of quality on the top pic .. but that was taken with the Pre which SUCKS at shooting anything close up.