View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 101 of 182 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    It wasn't a simple comment. You got mad over nothing. Calm down. And like I said before If something going to make you upset don't enter the thread. It's super easy. Have a blessed day.
    i assume you're going to be picking up the godphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i assume you're going to be picking up the godphone?
    What is the "godphone"?
    What is the "godphone"?
    godPhone = EVO
    jesusPhone = iPhone

best phone = Pre+
    I understand and so does everyone else. It's just jealousy. It happens. People like jetsetter are just jealous. When your frustrated at the company that you support and want to succeed, and you hear nothing from it but you hear about the competitor, you get jealous. When I had my Pixi i was jealous of the Pre speed. So I dropped that for something faster and better overall. Palm will come out with something soon and that will end the Evo, iphone, incredible, etc... talk. And when that day comes I will be happy right along with you. But right now I and a lot of other people are happy for the Evo. And you getting all mad isn't going to change anything. Its not going to stop people talking about, or posting on precentral about it. Just wait your days will come. But right now its about the Evo.
    Last edited by koolkid09; 05/30/2010 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I already know why I want the greater bandwidth promised by 4G even if Matt Carter, President of Sprint 4G, has no clue as to what 4G offers to consumers. It's frightening how clueless a member of the Sprint executive staff can sound. It sheds a little light on how they got into their current financial straits.
    I know i'll still be checking in on Precentral 24/7 most likely. I plan on keeping my Pre as a back-up. + WebOS is to damn sexy to give up on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Seriously? You think this is newsworthy enough to start cross posting it all over Pre and Treo Central? Is this the first article you've ever found on the web or did you just learn how to post links?
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    I had the EVO for a couple days, but then sold it.
    Why would you sell a phone after 2 short days when Sprint would take it back for free inside of 30 days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Why would you sell a phone after 2 short days when Sprint would take it back for free inside of 30 days?
    Probably one of the Google I/O attendees who got a free EVO and month's service...

@wprater... what'd you think besides too big?
    I do think it's newsworthy.

That article really shows how behind the US is. Don't Asia and Europe already have true 4G in some places? I thought I read Japan has had it for quite some time. I've also read that the 4G Sprint is using is not really 4G at all, but more like 3.5G. Not to mention the article reminds us that even 3G STILL doesn't exactly cover the US properly.

Also an interesting line: "But the other two national carriers, AT&T and T-Mobile, are upgrading their 3G networks to offer data-transfer speeds that will actually be higher than the speeds 4G networks will reach this year or next." Is that HSPA+?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I understand and so does everyone else. It's just jealousy. It happens. People like jetsetter are just jealous. When your frustrated at the company that you support and want to succeed, and you hear nothing from it but you hear about the competitor, you get jealous. When I had my Pixi i was jealous of the Pre speed. So I dropped that for something faster and better overall. Palm will come out with something soon and that will end the Evo, iphone, incredible, etc... talk. And when that day comes I will be happy right along with you. But right now I and a lot of other people are happy for the Evo. And you getting all mad isn't going to change anything. Its not going to stop people talking about, or posting on precentral about it. Just wait your days will come. But right now its about the Evo.
    im really not jealous or angry or what have you. its just that every tech blog i read all i hear about is Evo this and Evo that. im not comparing it to my Pre. im just making an observation on how much it is being worshipped even before its launch. You don't agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    im really not jealous or angry or what have you. its just that every tech blog i read all i hear about is Evo this and Evo that. im not comparing it to my Pre. im just making an observation on how much it is being worshipped even before its launch. You don't agree?
    But isn't that every major device. The ipad was getting talked about a lot on this website. So was the droid. Things that are hot get talked about. It will come and go and get replaced by the next big thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Why would I want to pay $10.00 more for something I cannot use? There is a hint of a nvidia tegra powered Palm device in the works.

you're going to pay it regardless or not on your next 4g phone if you stay with sprint.. all 4g phones are coming with the extra $10.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    (the chip in the pre can actually handle 3-D graphics better than that snapdragon)
    Interesting! Can you reference this with a link to a spec sheet comparison or something?
    If there isn't a new Palm device out by the holiday season, I will likely have switched phones. I love WebOS, but the build quality on my original Pre was tolerable at best. Now that 2.2 is coming out for Android, and the devices are getting better, I doubt I can justify waiting another 6 months.

To say it another way, why would I hold onto a phone with a 3mp camera (with no autofocus), only 8 gb of memory, takes 10 seconds to open google maps, no virtual keyboard, and feels flimsy in my hand, when I can go buy the EVO and there is no other Palm device even on the horizon at this point.

I also highly doubt a new device won't be out until then. Maybe the first true HP/Palm phone will wait until then, but I don't see how Palm can claim it has devices in the pipeline, but not deliver until then.
    the pre omap 3430 uses the PowerVR SGX 530 for graphics and the Snapdragon uses the Adreno 200 for graphics. Over all system performance on the snapdragon is higher due to the higher cpu clock but the graphics performance in higher on the PowerVR SGX chip which is the same chip that's in the iphone 3GS. From what i'm reading online the performance on the iphone for graphics is 2x-3x better than on a snapdragon. But since the GPU isn't really used that much in the pre outside of PDK games we get sluggish performance. At least this is what I read online so take it for what it is. Either engadget or gizmodo had a write up on it but I can't find that right now as a point of reference
    Last edited by darkproteus66; 05/31/2010 at 02:07 PM.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I use a Droid Eris as my work phone. I currently use the Eris for almost everything than my Pre. I only use my Pre for calls and texting. I'm planning on switching. Anti-android crowd here likes to spread mis-information. I understand some people here have a false sense of a vested interest in Palm's future. They will defend Palm liked they did the Treo or Centro. WebOS isn't progressing fast enough for me. I hope Palm turns it around with HP and WebOS turns out to be something more than the Printer OS.
    I am by no means a palm fan. I saw about the pre during ces and it looked like the best alternate to the iphone on sprint. originally I wanted to swtich to android from an instinct. however seeing the pre I thought multitouch, nice multitasking! and so went with the pre. it surely has it's poor spots (hardware, sped stability) however those change with time. my mom recently got a moment. I wanted to pick a pre for her, but with all it's problems on sprint and the keyboard being too small for her tastes I picked that. setting that up for her was a MUCH longer process then the pre! yahoo was a PAIN to set up in her email, the calanders app deosnt even let you choose custom days for reccruing events,and multitasking isn't nearly as good. on top of that navigation is a bit clunky sometimes. and when a new notification comes in, it's sometimes hard to tell what it is. also upgrading a device on sprint was a nigtmare. ya it wasn't too hard, but way to much compared to webos and not something the average joe would really do. I had to download it from pc then basically doctor it with the new version (this is the official way) my mom was so mad she had to loose all her texts. to me this is not misinformation it's just how android works and yes it has it's advantages like much better hardware, more apps, and more speed, but the UI is not much more then a beefed up feature phone UI. it's not very intuitive, it isn't very fluint but it is on so many devices in so many different flavors that the fragmantation or os aren't what drives it. android has some of the best hardware and that's where it kills. webos lacks the apps, and has the above mentioned flaws, but aside from a homescreen and vvm, the os is far superior to android and jus needs to catch up in realibility and speed as well as smoothness and better hardware. that is why I'm sticking with the pre I am not anti android however I have used it enoug to know which one works better for me and imho is the better of the two os's qnd that is webos. However it is ultimatly the user who de cides what's better and there a re also more features in some areas of android which webos lacks right now. I'd love to see the general opinion of webos in a few years. I think apple will have real competition
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    All you guys coming in here defending android need to stop. Webos is the best and everybody knows it. Engadget knows it (listen to their latest podcast), their competition knows it androidcentral knows it, wall street analysts know it, and you know it, and steve jobs knows it. It may not be the most popular but it is still the best. The reason why android is so popular is it is the only one that that those manufactuters can easily jump on.

So to sumarize, everybody who has used all of the operating systems know it's the best, and only some are willing to admit it for whatever reason (like wanting or having something else). So lets all be a good little hospital and ADMIT IT.
    If Wall Street knew it Palm's stock would be a lot higher buddy. A lot higher.