View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 100 of 182 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    @OP, please sign up for android central, several iphone forums, and a few blackberry forums. Feel free to post your views of the future over there.
    Are you suggesting the "Cross-Platform Chat" forum is only for discussions about the Pre? Are you really that afraid to talk about alternative viewpoints in a forum designed to talk about alternative viewpoints? I suspect you're so Pre-disposed that you're not even aware this forum is shared by TreoCentral.com. You don't see Treo owners whining about other platform discussions in the Cross Platform forum, do you? Did you forget to take your ritalin today?
    OMG look at everyone getting upset. Lol. How did I know this was going to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    All you guys coming in here defending android need to stop. Webos is the best and everybody knows it. Engadget knows it (listen to their latest podcast), their competition knows it androidcentral knows it, wall street analysts know it, and you know it, and steve jobs knows it. It may not be the most popular but it is still the best. The reason why android is so popular is it is the only one that that those manufactuters can easily jump on.

So to sumarize, everybody who has used all of the operating systems know it's the best, and only some are willing to admit it for whatever reason (like wanting or having something else). So lets all be a good little hospital and ADMIT IT.
    TRANSLATION: (Hands over ears) LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA! (deep breath) LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Are you suggesting the "Cross-Platform Chat" forum is only for discussions about the Pre? Are you really that afraid to talk about alternative viewpoints in a forum designed to talk about alternative viewpoints? I suspect you're so Pre-disposed that you're not even aware this forum is shared by TreoCentral.com. You don't see Treo owners whining about other platform discussions in the Cross Platform forum, do you? Did you forget to take your ritalin today?
    I'm not afraid of anything. However, there are plenty of threads just like this already. It clogs up the search for people actually looking for Pre info.

also, this site or PREcentral, not CrossPlatformCentral. Crossplatform chat is helpful, but shouldn't be dominant. And most of this isn't helpful info, just whining and taunting. That's what blogs are for.

there are a couple of threads about EVO that have useful info and reviews. Do you see any difference between those and 'android is the future' or 'goodbye palm' or 'why i'm jumping to evo because palm is dead' trolling?

IMHO
    and your taunting response about ritalin? Very nature, very helpful to Pre, Treo, and EVO users. Very cross-plaform...
    I really love the palm phone, but I am a gadget geek and I would like to buy the evo if I had the money. I would keep my palm in case I didn't like it. Then I would probably use the evo for entertainment purposes only.
    ...and we're done.

<<Thread Closed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Don't be afraid to make descriptive thread titles folks.
    Thanks

<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yes, I will. I will be holding on to my Pre.
    Froyo is equal to WEB OS . Everyone has there own opinion. Some people cant stand WEBOS. Some people love the Iphone. No way is WEBOS the best in everyones eyes. I personally think WEBOS is great But I doubt its better then Froyo from the videos I have seen. With the designer of WEBOS going to Google expect Android to take leaps and bounds. ( But so will WEBOS under HP) . There will remain many operating systems in the mobile phone arena . One is the best for you and another is the best for me. I like coke but I drink pepsi. I like Mcdonalds but I eat BK. I love WEBOS but Im not married to it. I don't own HP.I dont get a paycheck from HP. I am excited to try Android next week. I would try the Iphone if I thought it was good. Again people act like there the creators of WEBOS and take it personally when someone says they like Android like they have a personal stake in it. Its a operating system , a freakkin phone people. I personally could care less what operating system people use as much as I care what engine you got in your car. You like it , terriffic. I like mine but if something new comes along and I think it might be for me I try it. Giving Android a spin next week. Again I dont work for HP , I can try any operating system i like. No ones buisness.. Maybe I hate it and I go back to the PRE. Whatever.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 05/30/2010 at 03:19 PM.
    Well Just a few more days I can finally put the POS Pre in my nightstand drawer and forget about it. I can't wait to get rid of it. Don't get me wrong, I like webos and their are many good things about it, it has ALOT of potential to become a great mobile os, BUT it still has along way to go IMHO (and yes, i have been a palm ****** for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time). BUT right now, android is sooooo much more reliable and the build quality of HTC's hardware it MUCH MUCH better then the pre (i guess thats why i like my treo, HTC built the hardware for palm and it was VERRRRY well built). Maybe once palm get the hardware better (which I dont have much faith in with HP, b/c i dont like the build quality of alot of there other products) and they can get webos more stable and add a few things to it that i liked about my treo and android also has then I will prob come back, but until then, its so long palm!!!!!!! (BTW like i have said before, I have been using palm/handspring devices for 13+ years and have been a BIG fan of them)
    Well laingman has a point that popular is not always best. BUT this is also about marketing, so popularity does matter in the end, whether some like it or not. The iPhone proved that and now it's Android's turn. Popularity is vital to success in the mainstream. The problem webOS has is that it could indeed be the best but the mainstream buying public doesn't know it. Thanks to horrible decisions by Palm.

You know one real reason people jump on Android, it's here to stay and not in a shaky position like webOS. Even after the HP buyout, Palm hasn't hinted at any concrete new phones. webOS looks like it might become a utility type OS(printers). A Slate is still rumored. BUT nothing concrete yet. In the meantime, Android phone after Android phone is released, for sure. Constantly pushing Android into the mainstream so people know about it is a good strategy. So now we even get a pre-paid Android coming out. Everyone has been invited in.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    PhoneDiva that is absolutley a perfect explanation. I also believe like you that web os will be on slates and printers long before we see another phone. And that the right way to do it. Push the pre plus. Get webos on slates and printer and get updates to the Pre Plus. Then release a new webos phone in a year or two if there's interest. Otherwise wtick with slates.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Who ****ed in your conflakes? If you don't care so much why comment? Matter of fact why even open this thread if you where going to get mad? You have some issues to work out there buddy.
    haha i love people like you. saying i have issues over a simple comment.

the reason i care about the 'evo' is cos everyone is touting it as the godphone when in fact its really just the next android 'it' phone.. which people will quickly forget about when the new HTC SuperAwesomeFantasticMegaPhone running Android 2.3.0.1a comes out. quite frankly, when fanboyz are starting to gather around a phone that hasnt even come out yet, its just a bit pathetic. i know, i know, im pathetic too for chiming in.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I had the EVO for a couple days, but then sold it. Its just too BIG! Im dying for a Pre with a faster processor and auto-focus camera. Then I'll be happy for another 6 months. Right now I need a change though!! Like others on this forum, I feel it's going to be at least another 6 months before HPalm release a new phone :-/
    size is a personal thing I guess. I played with the evo demo yesterday. I couldn't believe how small it looked compared to what I expected. It's smaller then the Pre when the sliders open.

anyways generally it's atleast 6 months after a phone gets announced to when we see it in a store. Fcc approval. Sign up a carrier. Get production going. Testting . Then the carrier need to add things. HP can't have a finnished model. They don't even know who the carrier is. The phone would need to be branded Verzon etc. And from what I read and the fallout between Palm and Sprint over th original Pre I fully expect the next webos phone on ATT or Verizon. HP has no contracts with any carrier. They can use anyone they like. As I said before. There's a reason palms update the Plus is going to every carrier but Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    haha i love people like you. saying i have issues over a simple comment.

the reason i care about the 'evo' is cos everyone is touting it as the godphone when in fact its really just the next android 'it' phone.. which people will quickly forget about when the new HTC SuperAwesomeFantasticMegaPhone running Android 2.3.0.1a comes out. quite frankly, when fanboyz are starting to gather around a phone that hasnt even come out yet, its just a bit pathetic. i know, i know, im pathetic too for chiming in.
    It wasn't a simple comment. You got mad over nothing. Calm down. And like I said before If something going to make you upset don't enter the thread. It's super easy. Have a blessed day.
    I'm am torn between my beloved palm pre or the awesome HTC Evo 4g. I told myself months ago that I was dropping my pre and going to Evo. But now less then a week before Evo is being launched, I have not pre-ordered my new HTC Evo device and am having reservations about getting one June 4th. (thats if there are any left to find) Sure, the hype is overwelming and my local Best Buy and Radio Shack have all stopped taking orders because of too much demand but all in all I must be honest with myself. I live in Tampa, Fl and we do not have 4g service as of now. Why would I want to pay $10.00 more for a service I have no access to? Second, yes Mobile hotspot free for the first 30 days on 4g, (Count me out already!) sounds pretty good, then $29.99 a month after that, I think not! It doesn't cost me a dime extra now. Although mobile hotspot is nice and I do have it on my Palm pre now thanks to my beloved PreCentral extended family, I really don't use it that often. Ok, once in a while for kicks, I turn it on and fire up a laptop or my I-touch just to make sure it still works. I just like knowing that I have it for times of need. Third, there are rumors already of memory card issues with the Evo and reports of poor battery life to support this technicological beast. People are finding that they are loosing data whether it be to a sim card issue or worse yet a hardware issue. Been there, done that! I'd rather let everyone else do test driving this time. As they say in the car business, never buy a first year model, wait till all the kinks are worked out. I know what is wrong with my pre and am on my 3rd Pre thanks to me losing my last phone in my swimming pool , lol. I now know what to expect with my beloved Palm device and can say I think I have become WebOsofide! I can not imagine not being able to swipe my cards away. The pure elegance and ease of WebOs is undeniable. Please HP/Palm, give us all a new WebOs phone with state of the art hardware, we all are so craving it! Until then I will just sit back, like an addict trying to stay away from the next new fix. No matter how bad I think I need the Evo, maybe I can talk myself into not buying one Friday or at least waiting a few days til all the You Tube reviews start coming in. Hopefully the Evo is not all that it has been hyped up to be (Which I doubt) or better yet, wait until the price drops another $100.00 bucks. Good luck on that too.
    yes alot of people will have palm envy when the new one comes out
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yes there is a problem with the SD cards that come with the Evo. It's not hardware related but still an issue. Means you got to buy a new SD card.
    no phone gets good battery life but it does get better battery life then the Pre as reported at android central. Also tere is a new post and after a few tweaks to the phone you can get 2 days from the evo. But I will believe that after I try it. And I also think it sucks that folks who use the evo and have no 4G have to pay . I can definitely see that as a good reason to stay away from the evo. And the mobile hotspot is a great deal at $29. It's for anyone who wants to drop there expensive broad band at home and use the EVO. Otherwise it's too expensive for casual hot spot usage.all Pre owners who like the Pre and are happy should stay with it. While I am switching . The Pre is a good basic phone that gets the job done. Some issues but what phone has no issues.