Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Comparing these phones is a waste of time. lol

On that note, if it weren't for outside issues I'd dump WebOS Sprint and run to Verizon to get the Droid X.

Did I mention I'd miss WebOS... ?
    pre+ = smartPHONE
    droidX = tabletphone
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Guy at work has one. Didn't seem that big to me, actually. Comparatively speaking...sure. But he held and pocketed it just fine.
    A few weeks ago, I got my Pre, my wife got her X. With a three month old baby, I liked the idea of her having a decent camera and HD video at the ready. She's not interested in Outlook connectivity, doesn't check her email every nano-second, and will never be interested in hacking into her phone. On the other hand, mine is used for business purposes and entertainment second. So we're both happy with what we got.

I have to admit, though, hers sure is fun to play with!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    pre+ = smartPHONE
    droidX = tabletphone
    How ironic you would think that since the Pre+ physically takes up more volume than the Droid X.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipStewart View Post
    A few weeks ago, I got my Pre, my wife got her X. With a three month old baby, I liked the idea of her having a decent camera and HD video at the ready. She's not interested in Outlook connectivity, doesn't check her email every nano-second, and will never be interested in hacking into her phone. On the other hand, mine is used for business purposes and entertainment second. So we're both happy with what we got.

I have to admit, though, hers sure is fun to play with!
    My Droid X is more business ready than my Pre+ was with its better calendar (Jorte), task (ToodleDroid), email (K-9) and notetaking (Evernote - more usable on Droid than Pre) apps. Count me in as happy with what I (eventually) got too.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    pre+ = smartPHONE
    droidX = tabletphone
    Droid X overall size is smaller than the closed Pre: 5.2 vs. 6.4 cubic inches

Seriously. Try each in your pocket. Walk around. Smaller is better in your pocket. The EVO is 6.2 cubic inches but feels smaller in my pocket than my Pre.

Here are all the specs:
    Droid X Pre, and EVO Comparison Chart

But how the Droid X is in your pocket is just one factor. Compare everything if you are considering the Droid X. In the end it is what is best for your needs.

- Craig
    My finance just got the Droid X yesterday, I gotta say I was really liking the large screen. I would love a webOS device with a screen that large. It fit surprisingly well in my pocket too. I was playing with it for a while, the only thing i really liked about it is all the apps that verizon offers. They offer all the vcast apps which I used to have on my Lg Versa. Kind of sucks they aren't on my pre plus. Other than that it had the standard android software.
    I'm convinced the people saying the Evo/Moto X are too big for your pockets have never put it in their pockets.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    i just tried out the x for about 3 weeks & gotta say it's a pretty solid phone in every way. Coming from the pixiplus, it felt absolutely solid and massive at first, but got used to the size after the first few days.
    Really started to appreciate the 4.3-inch screen as i'm beginning to reach the age where squinting is sometimes necessary on smaller displays.
    If you haven't yet had an opportunity to try a device with Swype on it, you really do owe it to yourself; it's like magic and makes text input a breeze. The x comes with it preinstalled & it was the single most impressive feature for me. WE NEED SWYPE FOR WEBOS!!!
    I had no problems whatsoever with pocketability, although it never let me forget that it was there either.
    Battery life was respectable after the initial break-in period and a full charge should get just about anyone through a full day of use.
    While rooting the device was fairly easy (once it was discovered) it wasn't as elegant and clean as webOS' developer mode. Now that i'm back on the pixiplus, i appreciate the relatively open and simple feel of webOS again, despite the lack of eye candy like live wallpapers and widgets.
    I decided to return it for a number of reasons, main one being that i don't want to be locked into a 2-year contract when so many changes are happening now. I really do like the phone though & may repurchase it directly from verizon on a 1-year as it adds only $70 more to the cost of the phone.
    However, the locked bootloader prevents alot of the fun that you can have with an android device, so might hold out to see how verizon's Galaxy S turns out (if they can get their gps issues worked out).
    I would have a Droid X if it had a front camera but I guess I'll wait dor the next big Droid for Verizon...
  12.    #72  
    The comparison in the opening post has been expanded to include the Pre 2.

The Pre 2 adds these features to the Pre:
    • Clock Speed: 1GHz (Note: Many overclock the Pre and Pre Plus to 1.2 GHz)
    • Memory: 16 GB (Same as the Pre Plus)
    • Screen: Glass
    • Camera Resolution: 5 MP

The Pre 2 does not change these features:
    • Display: 3.1"
    • Resolution: 320 x 480
    • microSD Card: none
    • Video Chat: none
    • Front camera: none
    • Camera Autofocus: none
    • Camera Zoom: none
    • 4G or LTE compatibility: none
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Third party apps are cool to me.

Speaking of 3rd party media players, Meridian allows editing of ID3 tags right on the phone. I haven't seen this with Apple.

The built-in Android webkit browser seems fine to me, but Skyfire and Opera Mini are also pretty good.
    Dolphin HD is the best Android browser (imo). The others are solid as well.
    after 6 months as a webos user, today, I used my friends DROIDx and I relised 2 things.
    1: android sorta...... Sucks(just a bit...)
    and 2: WebOS's "logic" is embedded in my brain........ I mean I swiped the bottom of his phone expecting cards....instead I had to click home and I got an overwhelming home screen.
    anyone else had similar experiences?
    I tried to swipe a few times, when I first got my Evo. That's normal, because it's what you're used to.

However, adjusting to something new didn't take me too long, at all.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttabb View Post
    Nah...

sent from my HTC EVO Shift 4G
    ...click home and I got an overwhelming home screen.
    What was overwhelming about it? When I click home I get a screen with a clock and 8 apps. I don't find that overwhelming st all.
    As a representative of the adaptable mammals, I have to say it was easy to adapt to Android just like it was easy to adapts to webOS. The key characteristics of webOS I couldn't adapt to were the shortage of common, routine, functions (like voice dial) and software (like MS Office editing).
  19.    #79  
    With the Droid X from last August now ancient history, it is time to replace this comparison with comparisons of the 2011 phones:

Pre 3, Veer, and TouchPad Comparisons:
    Atrix, Thunderbolt and EVO 3D iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS
    HP TouchPad vs. iPad 2, Xoom, PlayBook, Galaxy Tab

See our sister site, Android Central, for Android forums and a getting started guide.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234