Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52
  1. #41  
    I included a link, HP. Your turn.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Oh, they have said plenty regarding WebOS on smartphones, tablets, printers, and netbooks. They have told us nothing about future WebOS handsets. On the other hand, they have told us a couple of rather significant things about future WebOS tablet/slates. I hope you can understand the difference between what is said and what is told.
    Sorry, I guess I'm just not following. How is something "told" without it being "said"?
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Mind posting pics?
    Does it have flash?
    Is it running webOS 2.0?
    Does it support 4G?
    Does it have a physical keyboard?
    etc....
    You have similar pics for the WebOS slate, I take it?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I included a link, HP. Your turn.
    The only link I saw was to Engadget. They said "trusted sources", and "Q1 2011". No specs, no shiny pictures, only that something is coming. They did say this as well:
    (We're assuming this is what that PalmPad trademark filing was for, but we can't confirm that.)
    An unconfirmed assumption on their part. Is this really what you're all up in arms over?
    Wow...
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, I guess I'm just not following. How is something "told" without it being "said"?
    difference between say and tell - Google Search
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You have similar pics for the WebOS slate, I take it?
    I didn't say I had one sitting next to me~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I bet if you looked around a bit, you'd find specific public information about a WebOS Smartphone. As a matter of fact, if you can't, I'll answer any questions you may have, since I have one of them sitting right next to me.

    The also have a couple of trademarks - Pre and Pixi.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I included a link, HP. Your turn.
    link to podcast in about post #10

    the Lord helps those who help themselves. You could have heard.the whole thing by now...
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I didn't say I had one sitting next to me~~~
    And I did say I have their WebOS phone sitting next to me. I even mentioned the trademarked names - Pixi and Pre. I have the Pre sitting next to me. What would you like to know again?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    The only link I saw was to Engadget. They said "trusted sources", and "Q1 2011". No specs, no shiny pictures, only that something is coming. They did say this as well:

    An unconfirmed assumption on their part. Is this really what you're all up in arms over?
    Wow...
    I'm not up in arms about anything. VP Todd Bradley said this, not "trusted sources". They are merely confirming as they were at the same employee meeting.

    The only "assumption" is whether this will be called the PalmPad or whether they will call it something else.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    you have no idea how hard I try to avoid threads like this. But about every 25 or 30 of them and it gets to me. No other forum has so much negative stuff and trolling for controversy. Threads like this don't even get responded to on other forums. I spend a lot of time on android central and iphone forums to educate myself. And I listen to podcasts from company execs. And I vote witj my dollars.

    not threatened by this, just gives me a headache when I see the title.

    and I knlw this crap scares away a lot of potential webos users that would be very happy with a pre. It's fine if they don't go with palm, but the decisiin shouldn't be because of baseless whining.
    I understand that seeing a ton of these threads gets annoying. However, what I can't understand is the heat that is being given to people that have valid concerns and express them intelligently in these forums. You say that Palm doesn't owe us anything? I would disagree. When companies put out products like smartphones, with the stated intention of building it and creating an ecosphere of apps, software and hardware, then they DO owe it to users to follow through on that.
    Think of iphone users who have bought a ton of apps. Don't you think Apple owes it to their users to keep up with updates and hardware to allow them to continue to use their products. What if Apple just dropped the iphone? Said that there were going to be no more produced and they were not going to support it. Would you say, "Ah well, Apple didn't owe them anything"? Why is it any different with Palm?
    Frankly, I'm getting a little disgusted myself with the generic "It's only been <this long> since the merger. Give it time." Please tell me what the proper amount of "time" is. 3 months? 6 months? At what point will you become upset and leave. Or create a post of your own?
    Look, no one likes whining, but the fact of the matter is that it isn't like it used to be, when switching between phones was simple because there was no significant investment in the device that you owned. Now, with people purchasing their first, maybe second smartphones, there are apps that have been bought, calanders and profiles that have been created, time invested in learning the OS and working within it, be it for personal or business use. Is it actually a surprise that people want new hardware? That they want to keep up with the current technological environment, especially after over a year and a half since announcement, and well over a year since launch?
    Just ranting back, so please don't take any offense. And when I say "you", I'm not directing this towards you workerbe, but to the general audience who has the same type of opinion. Just my thoughts, but if we didn't see these threads, I would be a little worried that people were just leaving for other smartphones, and that users weren't getting invested in webOS. That is what we want, right? Adoption and growth of the OS and Palm hardware? After all, that's what will keep it successful, and what will hopefully bring us more and more hardware and software upgrades in the future. 2 cents paid.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And I did say I have their WebOS phone sitting next to me. I even mentioned the trademarked names - Pixi and Pre. I have the Pre sitting next to me. What would you like to know again?
    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...ml#post2601886
  12. #52  
    This thread has turned into a he said she said bickering crap fest.

    <<Thread Closed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions