Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
  1. #21  
    they didn't make specific annoincements, but he did address every item you are whining about.

    listen to it yourself. To use your words 'is it that difficult?'
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    they didn't make specific annoincements, but he did address every item you are whining about.

    listen to it yourself. To use your words 'is it that difficult?'
    Apparently, it is difficult for you to understand what I write, because there is but one "item" I mention in this thread, and that is that I know specific release information already on an impending HP WebOS tablet, but know of no such thing regarding a WebOS smartphone.

    You say I'm wrong, then explicitly say I am right with the first five words of your post above. Thanks for coming around.
  3. #23  
    I guess I've never been loyal to any device maker.

    When I want something new - I'll get it.
    Just call me Berd.
  4. #24  
    you are wrong in saying they have said nothing. Others are wrong saying they are wasting time on slates INSTEAD of phones. For pete's sake, there are more threads whining and declaring loss af loyal users. It gives me a headache. Palm has a plan. They will come out with new stuff. You might like it. You might not. You might like android better. Just grow a pair and act on your views, and quit whining. He said clearly, as have others, that new stuff is coming, and good stuff is happening.

    if you need a specific date and spec sheet, get one of the dozens of android phones already shipping.

    no one is stopping you. In fact, I really hope you make the move.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I guess I've never been loyal to any device maker.

    When I want something new - I'll get it.
    .
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    you are wrong in saying they have said nothing.
    Oh, they have said plenty regarding WebOS on smartphones, tablets, printers, and netbooks. They have told us nothing about future WebOS handsets. On the other hand, they have told us a couple of rather significant things about future WebOS tablet/slates. I hope you can understand the difference between what is said and what is told.

    It gives me a headache. Palm has a plan. They will come out with new stuff. You might like it. You might not. You might like android better. Just grow a pair and act on your views, and quit whining. He said clearly, as have others, that new stuff is coming, and good stuff is happening.
    Awesome. That's the kind of specific, valuable information I like to receive from professional organizations on their activities. Hopefully, the next HP earnings call consists of them reciting the above verbatim and hanging up without taking questions from analysts. One can only hope...
  7. #27  
    please move to android. They clearly say the things you want to hear. I might do that myself someday, if they build something that meets my requirements better. But I won't make switch because of something a company DOESN't say. And I won't start a thread to tell people how my loyalty is being stretched.
  8. #28  
    ps. I'm just in a crappy mood today. Flight delays, battery dying, etc.

    read all this with tongue in cheek please.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    please move to android. They clearly say the things you want to hear. I might do that myself someday, if they build something that meets my requirements better. But I won't make switch because of something a company DOESN't say. And I won't start a thread to tell people how my loyalty is being stretched.
    Great. That's why you're you and Longhorn Treo is who he is. It seems like you're threatened by different viewpoints, and want people who express them to go away. That's a rather curious perspective. Have you ever thought of staying away from their threads?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I'm really sick of the denver broncos. Been a fan since their afl days.

    I think I will head over to precentral to whine, and assume everyone there likes it when I do that...

    /sarcasm
    /rant
    Humorous...
  11. #31  
    you have no idea how hard I try to avoid threads like this. But about every 25 or 30 of them and it gets to me. No other forum has so much negative stuff and trolling for controversy. Threads like this don't even get responded to on other forums. I spend a lot of time on android central and iphone forums to educate myself. And I listen to podcasts from company execs. And I vote witj my dollars.

    not threatened by this, just gives me a headache when I see the title.

    and I knlw this crap scares away a lot of potential webos users that would be very happy with a pre. It's fine if they don't go with palm, but the decisiin shouldn't be because of baseless whining.
  12. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    ps. I'm just in a crappy mood today. Flight delays, battery dying, etc.

    read all this with tongue in cheek please.
    If you can't take the heat grab some beer, open the emergency door, slide down the chute and go home!
  13. dandar's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #33  
    Android to me is damaged goods. The hardware is to drool over, but the UI is so clunky and raw that it just doesn't do it for me. Hopefully Duarte (or whatever his name was that was responsible for WebOS ui and went to Google) will spruce it up for version 3.0, then I'll finally have a choice. I'd love to have an Android phone with its selection of apps, but until the UI is fixed I'm staying with the pre.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    If you can't take the heat grab some beer, open the emergency door, slide down the chute and go home!
    ironically, I am stuck in the airport. I keep thinking just how awesome it would be to do something like that when I finally quit, or when these airlines nickel/dime me one too many times.

    that sort of exit is now on my bucket list fer sher
  15. #35  
    Man that guy has become a legend.

    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    If you can't take the heat grab some beer, open the emergency door, slide down the chute and go home!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I'm not reading into anything. HP has made specific information public regarding their slate/tablet/whatever quite soon after acquisition. Combine that with the PalmPad trademark, and it's clear they are wasting as little time as possible entering into this marketspace.

    They have done nothing of the sort regarding a WebOS smartphone.
    "The've done nothing of the sort regarding a WebOS smartphone"???? Seriously??

    I bet if you looked around a bit, you'd find specific public information about a WebOS Smartphone. As a matter of fact, if you can't, I'll answer any questions you may have, since I have one of them sitting right next to me.

    The also have a couple of trademarks - Pre and Pixi.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Apparently, it is difficult for you to understand what I write, because there is but one "item" I mention in this thread, and that is that I know specific release information already on an impending HP WebOS tablet, but know of no such thing regarding a WebOS smartphone.

    You say I'm wrong, then explicitly say I am right with the first five words of your post above. Thanks for coming around.
    What "specific information" do you know about the "impending" HP WebOS tablet.
    Maybe if you're a bit more specific, we can match it with information about the smartphones...
    Please cite sources with your specifics...
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    "The've done nothing of the sort regarding a WebOS smartphone"???? Seriously??

    I bet if you looked around a bit, you'd find specific public information about a WebOS Smartphone. As a matter of fact, if you can't, I'll answer any questions you may have, since I have one of them sitting right next to me.

    The also have a couple of trademarks - Pre and Pixi.
    Mind posting pics?
    Does it have flash?
    Is it running webOS 2.0?
    Does it support 4G?
    Does it have a physical keyboard?
    etc....
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What "specific information" do you know about the "impending" HP WebOS tablet.
    Maybe if you're a bit more specific, we can match it with information about the smartphones...
    Please cite sources with your specifics...
    Engadget: HP tells employees webOS tablet coming Q1 2011

    HP WebOS Tablet to Launch Early 2011: Report - Desktops and Notebooks from eWeek
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    ...
    if you need a specific date and spec sheet, get one of the dozens of android phones already shipping.

    no one is stopping you. In fact, I really hope you make the move.
    It's worth noting, I've not seen (thought I won't declare they don't exist) specific dates or specs for a WebOS slate either. Only that one is coming, and rumors that it will be Q1 next year.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions