Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    Epic is gonna be a big phone, I'd say a little thicker than my old Touch Pro 1, it's gonna be much thicker than the EVO by a mile.
    Actually by less than 2mm. Already posted a pic:
  2.    #142  
    Epic is gonna be a big phone, I'd say a little thicker than my old Touch Pro 1, it's gonna be much thicker than the EVO by a mile.
    The Epic is about 20% more volume than the HTC Touch Pro

Epic: 65 x 124 x 14 millimetres vs. HTC Touch Pro: 51 x 102 x 18.05 millimetres

But you are also comparing the Epic 4.0" display to a 2.8" display from 2008.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Actually by less than 2mm. Already posted a pic:
    In my opinion it's not going to be pocketable like the evo due to the bulge. I might be wrong but I have the pre with the otterbox case and it's pretty bulky in my pocket as well.
    In my opinion it's not going to be pocketable like the evo due to the bulge. I might be wrong but I have the pre with the otterbox case and it's pretty bulky in my pocket as well.
    The Pre is actually thicker than the Epic.
    And before the Evo hit many claimed it too wouldn't be "pocketable". A manufacture would be insane to make a phone that's not a comfortable size in ones pocket, unless of course you're wearing skinny jeans.

The only phone I can see that will border being uncomfortable in the pocket is the new Dell Streak but it's being marketed more as a tablet than an actual phone.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    The Evo fits in yoru pocket when walking but it's a different story when sitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    The Evo fits in yoru pocket when walking but it's a different story when sitting.
    Exactly jeans are one thing but dress slacks will show the phone a lot easier.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    The Epic 4G was just announced and it will cost $250.00 releasing on August 31st. I like the phone but for $250 plus an extra $10.00 a month it is a hard one.
    August 31st sounds so far away. $250 seems fair and within range for a smartphone with it's specs.

And the $10 a month charge is going to happen with the next Palm phone too. Get used to it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    That's like saying every single phone from now on will have 4G which is something I do not care about at all. My phone is almost always on wifi and for what I use the phone for 3G is good enough. $250 is not fair price for a smart phone either especially when you facor in paying an extra $10 for something you cannot use.
    I'll be able to use it by the end of the year when they launch WiMax in the Bay Area. Most major markets will be rolled out by the end of the year.

And yes you can guarantee that most smart phones on Sprint will support 4G. Sprint needs the advantage while they are trying to win back customers. They won't have the advantage for long as Verizon is launching their LTE network soon.
    I wonder how long it will take for the price to drop down to the $199.99 norm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    what pants do people on this forum own?

The Pre is a chubby phone that is easily visable in ones front pocket...vs. a thinner phone. If your pockets are too small to hold the phone completely, then yeah get a short phone, but people act like its INCREDIBLY INCONVENIENT!

Meanwhile the dell streak somehow fits almost perfect in a pocket:

And then look at the size difference:

(yes i know thats the HD2...too lazy to find a proper Evo pic, but they are pretty much the same size).
    Any phone will fit in your pocket while standing up. Now sit down and drive your car, or squat down to pick something up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Any phone will fit in your pocket while standing up. Now sit down and drive your car, or squat down to pick something up.
    Not a problem with the Droid X. Do your pants fit?
    I like this phone. I would have to say it is the 1st android phone I would recommend to one of my users.... After it is released and tested in the wild of course.

if there is any android phone that should be compared to the pre... As a consideration for replacement... This would be it.

it has a physical keyboard and a large touchscreen for swype.
    it has a great processor and a beautiful screen.
    every time I use on of my users evo's... I am disappointed in the lack of colors...washed out screen. I prefer watching videos on the pre's more vibrant screen.. Than the evo's. The big screen does not make up for the lack of colors...imo.

there is no way I would even consider buying another phone before the new webos line of phones come out. But if a user asks me for a rec on a new phone.... This would be it. The fact it's on sprints network and they can save $$$$ huge.,

the depth of this phone is not much more than evo because of thinner s amoled screen. That is sick.
    watch the sprint comparison between evo and epic... On you tube... Interesting how they did their own comparison... And in so many words.. Make the evo look dated.
    I can't wait to get my hands on this one.... Looks like a fun phone to game and watch movies on...

btw.. Orig droid.... With physical keyboard... Didn't do it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Not a problem with the Droid X. Do your pants fit?
    Yup and I can dig my Pre out of my shorts front pocket while driving.
    Hey guys, I know a lot of us love our pre or pixi because there will never be anything better as a physical keyboard, I was considering to get the evo since palm has taken so long to announce anything new to replace the pre; but now that the epic(which by the way has a physical keyboard) has been announced and that is going to be released on the 31st have considered it? Anyone ditching their dream for a new pre for an epic?
    hey I'm wonderin, do you have 4G coverage?
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    not worth $250 I'm not cheap but samsung doesn't make phones worth of that price. The evo is still better.
    I also have an Evo which I will keep...such an awesome phone with great apps. Once you have Swype or swiftkey keyboards who needs an physical one?
    The Epic is pretty tempting, also considering my dad has a Captivate and my brother has an Evo. I compared both and the Galaxy S in general has a great screen and the build qaulity feels great. Down the line the Epic will get cheaper, especially from places like Amazon, Walmart, etc. My dad got his Captivate for $50 from Amazon. Still my upgrade isn't until November so Palm/HP you have 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by mexclean;
    Hey guys, I know a lot of us love our pre or pixi because there will never be anything better as a physical keyboard, I was considering to get the evo since palm has taken so long to announce anything new to replace the pre; but now that the epic(which by the way has a physical keyboard) has been announced and that is going to be released on the 31st have considered it? Anyone ditching their dream for a new pre for an epic?
    There will be new Palm phones by holiday season if you can wait that long...and for that matter I imagine there'll be other/better Android phones than the Epic pushed out for the holiday buying season as well.
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast