Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 453
  1. #61  
    Landscape keyboards suck.
  2. #62  
    ^Not for those who text or email a lot and have bigger hands. I can see how they'd appreciate a full keyboard with some space to place their hands. Cramped keyboards suck more IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. drizek's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    #63  
    I will be getting this. The poor battery life of the Pre makes it basically useless, I am always afraid to use it. there are also a ton of complaints from people saying taht the Evo doesn't last through the day.

    the galaxy S in the GSM-Arena battery life test lasted for 3 days, with gaming, movie watching, talk, emailing, browsing, etc. I think its because of the S-AMOLED display and hte superior processor compared to the HTC Evo.

    The keyboard looks great, the GPU on this is crazy fast, the display is the best thing this side of the iPhone 4. It is the fastest phone CPU available(the iPhone 4 uses essentailly the same one, but Apple underclocks it). It is the only modern Android phone with a hardware keyboard. It just seems really really great.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    I will be getting this. The poor battery life of the Pre makes it basically useless, I am always afraid to use it. there are also a ton of complaints from people saying taht the Evo doesn't last through the day.

    the galaxy S in the GSM-Arena battery life test lasted for 3 days, with gaming, movie watching, talk, emailing, browsing, etc. I think its because of the S-AMOLED display and hte superior processor compared to the HTC Evo.

    The keyboard looks great, the GPU on this is crazy fast, the display is the best thing this side of the iPhone 4. It is the fastest phone CPU available(the iPhone 4 uses essentailly the same one, but Apple underclocks it). It is the only modern Android phone with a hardware keyboard. It just seems really really great.
    my evo battery lasts all day with GPS, background data and all that jazz still on. i don't know what tons of complaints from actual users you are talking about...
  5. jcibrian's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #65  
    Anyone else having the feeling that the Palm will not have any new devices before the end of the year?

    I think that WebOS is great but i feel like the hardware is not up to par with all those phones out in the market.

    I have been reviewing the new Samsung Epic on Sprint and the phone looks great. I wonder who else is considering the change to android with this new phone comming out?
  6. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcibrian View Post
    Anyone else having the feeling that the Palm will not have any new devices before the end of the year?

    I think that WebOS is great but i feel like the hardware is not up to par with all those phones out in the market.

    I have been reviewing the new Samsung Epic on Sprint and the phone looks great. I wonder who else is considering the change to android with this new phone comming out?
    Is it me or do these messages seem more and more canned?
  7. #68  
    ii love webos and am not a fan at all of android the OS is@unintuitive and doesn't feel very next gen like webos or even ios. That said, my phones front speaker doesn't work and I need a new phone with reliable hardware. I'm waiting patiently for a new webos phone but I migt have to switc to android for a short time and the epic would be the best choice. If a new webos phone came out I could always sell it on ebay for 400 like people are doin for the evo. I'd still end up spending more but I need a working phone more and I rely on my smartphone and I figure if I get a nice phone it'll be easier to sell later too. Anyway still would prefer an announcement at least... I think that's al that palm needs to keep people from jumping.
  8. #69  
    I have a launch-day Spint Pre and am generally happy with the software. But, the hardware is not holding up too well for me. I really hope it holds out long enough that I can replace it with the next WebOS device. If HPalm would make some sort of announement that would give me some sort of light at the end of the tunnel. But, as of late, Palm has almost been too quiet and that doesn't really inspire much confidence in being able to stick with WebOS when this phone kicks the bucket.

    Keeping my fingers crossed that something big will be announced soon though.
  9. #70  
    Ruby said later this year. I'm inclined to believe him.

    HP wants to be like Apple. So i would expect one or two devices at the most..definitely a slab or landscape slider. A new brand that's going to be built on.
  10. #71  
    Just hope that my phone can hold out until Dec 31st. :-)
  11. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Is it me or do these messages seem more and more canned?
    It's you...

    Or the tea party movement has also adopted anti-Palm into their movement!
  12. #73  
    I used to be in the "greatly prefer a physical keyboard" camp. Until I sucked it up long enough to just get used to it (a virtual one). Now I no longer really miss it (a physical one). Especially with Swype.

    Obviously this is a highly personal decision though.
  13. jcibrian's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #74  
    As most of you i feel like the Pre is outdated and i feel like jumping to the Epic is the right move right now. Of course if HPalm comes with an incredible phone i would love to come back to it. But as of right now there is no insight that a new WebOs device is on its way.
  14. #75  
    pre is not outdated.....but these I'm leaving posts sure are....
  15. #76  
    Hi .

    First of all, before I get flamed, I wanna state that I LOVE my Pre. The hardware isn't the best, but the OS is just killer. But i'm really starting to feel outdated . Getting tired of waiting for the next HPalm phone .

    I was on Phone Dog, and they mentioned a new Galaxy S line of phones. The Epic 4G coming to Sprint. I'm REALLY thinking about switching. It has expandable memory, front facing camera, SUPER AMOLED SCREEN, HD recording, 5 MP camera, full slide out QWERTY keyboard, 4G ( obviously ) , and much more.

    If HPalm doesn't announce, ( not release, just announce ) a new phone by the time this phone comes out, i'm switching. I will hope to come back to WebOS when it has better hardware.

    Also, I type super fast on my Palm Pre . and we all know it doesn't have the best keyboard. I'm gonna tear up this keyboard. Again, this is all just thought. I wanna know your guys's opinion.

    You think it's reasonable to switch?
    Will you be switching?
    Planning on coming back to HPalm?

    Also, there is a whole line of Samsung Galaxy S phones. I believe they have one for Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. I might be wrong. Look it up. :P

    Sprint Ad for Epic 4G: http://www .youtube.com /watch?v=wE6fu0Y0o4k

    Sorry, can't post links. :P
  16. #77  
    To answer your question, no... I wont be switching to another phone... I dont need a new one every year, and I dont understand it when people say they feel dated or are tired of waiting for a new release. If they love their phone so much, why is it they feel they need to have a new one so often? I am already eligible for an upgrade, but I will use my pre till it falls apart or it comes time for my contract to fully expire and I re-evaluate my carrier options.
  17. #78  
    I will be December 1st! But their might be another Android phone better so then again who knows?!?!?!?!.....
  18. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    To answer your question, no... I wont be switching to another phone... I dont need a new one every year, and I dont understand it when people say they feel dated or are tired of waiting for a new release. If they love their phone so much, why is it they feel they need to have a new one so often? I am already eligible for an upgrade, but I will use my pre till it falls apart or it comes time for my contract to fully expire and I re-evaluate my carrier options.
    Um, alot of people want the latest & greatest. Why is that so hard to understand? I respect your decision to stay with the Pre, but it just feels bad when one of my buds pull out there iPhone 4, and i'm till with my year old friend . I'm not saying its necessary to switch . I qualify for a upgrade, and why would I just let it stay there?
  19. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I will be December 1st! But their might be another Android phone better so then again who knows?!?!?!?!.....

    That's also true. Since we all know they're just throwing phones at carries every week, lol . But it's a 4Gphone, so I don't really think they're 2nd 4G phone isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but you never know. Which phone are you switching too?
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions