Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 453
  1. davez57's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #401  
    I tried both the Epic and the Evo.

    The Epic has the most gorgeous screen I've ever seen on a smart phone. The colors are rich and deep. I found the hardware to have a somewhat cheep feel and the button placement was not good for me.

    The Evo hardware is solid. The large screen is good for some things but i found the phone to be to big in my hand.

    Bottom line comes down to Android. I just did not like Android. I guess WebOS has spoiled me. So, I'm back to my Palm Pre for now and I'll wait a little longer to see what comes down the tubes in the next few months.

    Blessings All...Merry Christmas!
  2. #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    Oreo/rattle effect... any build quality issues are a big issue for me and will be a major decision in my next purchase. I am interested to see how the glass has changed the feel of the Pre, it should make it feel much more of a quality item.
    The glass makes a HUGE difference in appearance and feel.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3. psm9's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #403  
    The Epic is calling me, too. My upgrade was up last June and Iwaited for the next WebOS phone. Six months later, still waiting. Even with an announcement at CES, it'll be a few months until we see a device on Sprint. And, with Epocrates being pulled, that might do it for me.

    Don't think of it as leaving. Think of it as a sabbatical for a year while we see if HP makes anything happen with WebOS
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  4. #404  
    I'm with you all. My power button has stopped working. I'm going to the sprint store today to play with the epic and evo. I think it's about time to switch. There are pros and cons to every platform, and right now there are too many cons for webos.
  5. #405  
    Dude, stick with the Pre. They just uncovered some easter thing in the WebOS 2.0. You can see it for yourself........in the coming months.......
  6. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Dude, stick with the Pre. They just uncovered some easter thing in the WebOS 2.0. You can see it for yourself........in the coming months.......
    yeah super exciting huh!
  7. #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I would encourage you to go and post some of the android forums, ask some questions and see how many responses you get. The difference will be apparent immediately.

    The problem is ALL of the Android phones. They are each unique with their own build of the Android OS so the community is quite fragmented. Then try getting help to apply any of the tweaks that you do find.

    Also, don't mistake slider issues for Oreo effect. The Epic does not have an oreo effect. It is more of a screen rattle/movement issue when tapping the screen while the keyboard is open.
    Well thats a misconception.

    That CAN be true depending on where you go, and to be honest, Android Central while good, is far from the best android focused site.

    Go to XDA forums and you will have more help and information than you will know what do do with.
  8. #408  
    I just cannot stand how chaotic it is for android phones to get updates. Unless you get the nexus phone, you're better off getting baked ROMs from xda if you want updates. Its pure fail that google is talking gingerbread to be out for the nexus s while current phones STILL done have froyo. This is pure fail of SOOO many manufacturers jumping into the android ship all releasing the same thing, different brand thing but each has to go through their own hurdles to get an OS update out.

    HPalm is ONE manufacturer, with one OS, and follows parities with the OS updates. This will be the distinction webOS will make through the android clutter.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  9. Evansgw
    Evansgw's Avatar
    #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    I just cannot stand how chaotic it is for android phones to get updates. Unless you get the nexus phone, you're better off getting baked ROMs from xda if you want updates. Its pure fail that google is talking gingerbread to be out for the nexus s while current phones STILL done have froyo. This is pure fail of SOOO many manufacturers jumping into the android ship all releasing the same thing, different brand thing but each has to go through their own hurdles to get an OS update out.

    HPalm is ONE manufacturer, with one OS, and follows parities with the OS updates. This will be the distinction webOS will make through the android clutter.
    But it seems we are having the same issues with webOS to be honest. Carriers create delays and webOS 2.0 is not ready for the Pre. So, I don't think that is a good enough argument. Especially for those of us who use our annual upgrades.
  10. #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Well thats a misconception.

    That CAN be true depending on where you go, and to be honest, Android Central while good, is far from the best android focused site.

    Go to XDA forums and you will have more help and information than you will know what do do with.
    I registered at AC and XDA, posted questions and only got a response at AC and it was from Milominderbinder from here.

    Now there is a TON of information at XDA but most of it is hardware specific and not user friendly unless you are an experienced Android hacker.
  11. Evansgw
    Evansgw's Avatar
    #411  
    I want to believe.
  12. #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    I love my Pre. I am overclocked and patched and I enjoy the community spirit and uniqueness of the Pre.

    But I have to admit, I went and looked at an Epic over the weekend. I went to the Sprint store and took a peek. Very impressed.

    Wife and Mine upgrades available now. With Ruby saying he has nothing to talk about, it doesn't make me want to wait until CES.

    Feeling guilty for wanting the Epic, my Pre is sitting on it's touchstone looking at me, all tired, cracked and scratched, reminding me of the good times of exciting OTA updates, finding a new patch to fix things that should have been right in the first place, it's quirky oreo, and slow camera. Frustrating but yet I still love my Pre. But the Epic, it is calling.
    It will be an Epic fail if yu dont switch.
  13. #413  
    I have the Pre Minus and the EVO. I switch back and forth about once a week. Their online activation tool makes this easy for me.

    Why not have the best of both worlds? When WebOS 2.0 comes online, I'll see myself using the Pre a lot more. Then Gingerbread will come out, then I'll switch again.

    Yes, I'm bipolar and I admit it. LOL!
  14. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    Oreo/rattle effect... any build quality issues are a big issue for me and will be a major decision in my next purchase. I am interested to see how the glass has changed the feel of the Pre, it should make it feel much more of a quality item.
    I bought my nephew the Epic in August. He primarily uses Virtual Keyboard & Swype, but has had NONE of the build problems some have mentioned here. He is, however, very frustrated by not having Froyo, much less Gingerbread. This is probably a Samsung thing, but he is frustrated when so many oher phones already have Froyo.

    I will definitely wait for CES. I am giving HP Palm a chance. It is less than a month away.
  15. #415  
    The recent news regarding Epocrates, Skyscape, and MotionApps/Classic are starting to push me toward Android (something I never thought I would say), and the Epic right now seems to be the best option available on Sprint.

    Don't think we have 4g yet here in OKC.

    If I was a Verizon person I would be taking a serious look at the Droid Pro.

    -Jim
  16. #416  
    Has the Epic ever been known to experience a "stuck in headset mode" problem?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  17. #417  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Has the Epic ever been known to experience a "stuck in headset mode" problem?
    Not yet. That's a Palm legacy issue, it seems. Centros had it...Treos had it. You think they would get it licked one of these years....
  18.    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Has the Epic ever been known to experience a "stuck in headset mode" problem?
    I don't know of any phone other than the Pre that has a "stuck in headset mode" problem? Or the USB face cracks? Or the keyboard close resets?
  19. #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I don't know of any phone other than the Pre that has a "stuck in headset mode" problem? Or the USB face cracks? Or the keyboard close resets?
    How does restart time compare between the Epic and the Pre?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  20. #420  
    I have an Evo but i'm sure the Epic is similar. I can restart my phone generally in less than 1 minute.

    My Pre hit 5 minutes after all my patches.

    5...minutes...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions