Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. Evansgw
    Much!! Thanks Pastor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    Much!! Thanks Pastor!
    LOL.. you are welcome.

EDIT: Seriously, you will be disappointed with the OS on the Epic. It also has some build quality issues (slider, screen separation and non-responsive touch button area). I had one for a few weeks and took it back. Screen size and picture quality are the only good things about it. I thought I would love the keyboard but it is too wide and spread out to type efficiently with my thumbs.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Plain and simple... I like Webos!! Granted I just want to have 2.0 or just adobe flash and ill feel like I have a new phone!!! But, I have to count my blessings, I have chargers, two pre batteries that have helped get me through an entire day and night , i am able to make phone calls and texts. Contract ends in May 2011 , So I will just wait it out and see if we can get that super phone to be announced.. If yes, than i will wait and get it when its available, hopefully summer time. If not, than i will just grab a phone for a bit that fits my personality and needs and give it a go. No big thing.
    Epic is good 2 people in my team got that phone. As good as it looks the dirty little secret is that the updates takes ages to come on that phone from what i read they been waiting for 2.2 FROYO for months. Last i heard it was coming at the end of November..till now nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    ummm "stick with it, the Superphones coming from HP Palm are going to be awesome, we are in it together, as a community we can make a difference".... feel better now?
    I don't want to sound like I don't want to support all the users but there are just so many "convince me to stay" threads.

I'm simply stating, if you're second guessing yourself then just upgrade. I haven't second guessed my loyalty with WebOS but I am frustrated just like you.

But who knows when there are going to be new phones, so I'm not going to feed your thoughts with no positive truths.

I will say, stay tuned if you do really want a webos phone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Sprint Love
    I wouldn't feel guilty, its just a phone. However, there are super cow powers on the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I don't want to sound like I don't want to support all the users but there are just so many "convince me to stay" threads.

I will say, stay tuned if you do really want a webos phone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    My post was intended to be humorous... not coddling or condescending, and I'm not allowed to be sarcastic... although that is my favorite smiley.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Epic is good 2 people in my team got that phone. As good as it looks the dirty little secret is that the updates takes ages to come on that phone from what i read they been waiting for 2.2 FROYO for months. Last i heard it was coming at the end of November..till now nothing.
    Yeah. I was on the fence about the Epic (tried the Evo...didn't like the lack of a keyboard), and once I heard Sprint released 2.2, I bought it.

Then it came out that 2.2 was a "test build" and official Froyo was coming "soon". I guess I'll wait for a few weeks and take it back if Froyo isn't on there. Maybe the HTC Knight/Speedy will be out by then. HTC usually does a decent job keeping up with updates.

To the OP: If you are interested in a new phone now, do it. I did, but I didn't like the Evo enough to keep it for a myriad of reasons.

I am trying out the Epic next, and hope that the addition of a keyboard will make up for the lack some of the features I didn't like about Android. Hell the auto focus camera on the Epic alone is probably enough to upgrade.

If you are still kinda skittish about pulling the trigger, go to Androidcentral and search for Milomindbender's posts on switching from webOS to Android. And if you are still wondering, PM me in about a week. I'll let you know what I think of the Epic after I use it for a while.

NNB
    My post was intended to be humorous... not coddling or condescending, and I'm not allowed to be sarcastic... although that is my favorite smiley.
    That definitely wasn't intended towards you at all, haha, I was just using your quote for the purpose of using it. :P ( I could definitely tell it was intended to be sarcastic )
    Sprint Love
    LOL.. you are welcome.

EDIT: Seriously, you will be disappointed with the OS on the Epic. It also has some build quality issues (slider, screen separation and non-responsive touch button area). I had one for a few weeks and took it back. Screen size and picture quality are the only good things about it. I thought I would love the keyboard but it is too wide and spread out to type efficiently with my thumbs.
    Yeah. I kinda hated using Android on the Evo when I had it. No one except other Pre users seems to understand that

I am hoping to be able to find a better launcher and use it with the Epic. I'm also with you on the keyboard. I really don't like landscape keyboards since I like being able to type with one hand, but I guess swype will be able to help with that.

But maybe I am just a gadget freak (or glutton for punishment).

NNB
    I think a lot of us are in the same boat. For me the Evo and Epic are way too big for me. If nothing comes out of CES from HP/Palm i'll likely switch, possibly to the smaller Evo. Then again the more you wait, the better technology comes too on either end. At this point the Pre2 would just be a speedbump for me, I want a new highend WebOs phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    ( I could definitely tell it was intended to be sarcastic )
    NO.... I AM NOT ALLOWED TO BE SARCASTIC!!! But I can be humorous in a gentle and subtle way....
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    I am hoping to be able to find a better launcher and use it with the Epic. NNB
    Launcher Pro Plus is pretty good. It did most of what I wanted and has some really good customization features for the quick launch bar. Try the free version first to see if you like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    At this point the Pre2 would just be a speedbump for me, I want a new highend WebOs phone!
    Don't underestimate that speed bump when coupled with WebOS 2.0.x. It is really impressive.

The glass screen also makes a huge difference in the "in person" look and feel of the phone. Pictures don't do it justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    For me the Evo and Epic are way too big for me.
    This is my issue as well, the Evo is huge in my hand and I don't have small hands. If the next WebOS phone has a 4"+ screen I won't bother with it. I don't need a mini tablet in my pocket.
  16. Evansgw
    NO.... I AM NOT ALLOWED TO BE SARCASTIC!!! But I can be humorous in a gentle and subtle way....
    You see, this is what I needed!!! Thanks for the support and for the community being so great!!
  17. Evansgw
    Thanks everyone for the comments.

The whole webOS v Android issue is the big one for me. I agree webOS is awesome and do not want to leave. I'll check out the comments on AndroidCentral and check back with you Biggnaa20.

It is all the Android phones, they all look so good!! Interesting to hear that the build quality doesn't seem to be too good on the Epic. That is a killer for me. I am not hard on my phones (I still have my original Pre, can you believe it?!), but I don't want another oreo effect phone!!

DeathsArrow, I hope the have a range of phones announced at CES, personally, I'd like something closer to 4inches, but to get market and mindshare (which brings Devs) we need a range of phones.

I just do not have a good feeling about CES right now. We dont seem to be getting any fresh leaks. We need leaks, something to keep us excited. Ruby saying he has nothing to say worries me.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    This is my issue as well, the Evo is huge in my hand and I don't have small hands. If the next WebOS phone has a 4"+ screen I won't bother with it. I don't need a mini tablet in my pocket.
    yep same thing here. After having my pe for so long I just feel like my thumbs are going to get tires and even start hurting having to reach for buttons on an epic. It might sound like I'm playing, but maybe it's the style of typing I have on a phone where my right thumb controls about 3/4 of the buttons about 1/2 the time or what but it seems like I'm stretching a lot. I had a moment for a little while and the spacebar is more towards the left, and I'm a right thumb spacebar presser, so I'm constantly stretching my thumb for space bar and it really got annoying. I tried to adjust and become a left thumb spacebar presser and it just wasn't happening, I was typing about twice as slow having to think, okay left thumb it's your turn, then clumsily trying to hit the sacebar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    I'll check out the comments on AndroidCentral and check back with you Biggnaa20.

It is all the Android phones, they all look so good!! Interesting to hear that the build quality doesn't seem to be too good on the Epic. That is a killer for me. I am not hard on my phones (I still have my original Pre, can you believe it?!), but I don't want another oreo effect phone!!
    I would encourage you to go and post some of the android forums, ask some questions and see how many responses you get. The difference will be apparent immediately.

The problem is ALL of the Android phones. They are each unique with their own build of the Android OS so the community is quite fragmented. Then try getting help to apply any of the tweaks that you do find.

Also, don't mistake slider issues for Oreo effect. The Epic does not have an oreo effect. It is more of a screen rattle/movement issue when tapping the screen while the keyboard is open.
  20. Evansgw
    I would encourage you to go and post some of the android forums, ask some questions and see how many responses you get. The difference will be apparent immediately.

The problem is ALL of the Android phones. They are each unique with their own build of the Android OS so the community is quite fragmented. Then try getting help to apply any of the tweaks that you do find.

Also, don't mistake slider issues for Oreo effect. The Epic does not have an oreo effect. It is more of a screen rattle/movement issue when tapping the screen while the keyboard is open.
    Oreo/rattle effect... any build quality issues are a big issue for me and will be a major decision in my next purchase. I am interested to see how the glass has changed the feel of the Pre, it should make it feel much more of a quality item.