Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    The EVO is certainly the nicer looking phone but if you only compare the processors the Epic wins but the processor isn't everything
    I know looks are a matter of opinion but just curious what makes the evo nicer. It's just a thin fram with icons on it in a rounded ccorner shape like most slab devices. To me I'd think people would like this being it has arcs and is clean looking. Other then the arcs it's essentially the same look no?
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I know looks are a matter of opinion but just curious what makes the evo nicer. It's just a thin fram with icons on it in a rounded ccorner shape like most slab devices. To me I'd think people would like this being it has arcs and is clean looking. Other then the arcs it's essentially the same look no?
    I agree. It's almost identical except it's not square corners, and the buttons at the bottom don't have circles around them.

Meanwhile, it's got a much better processor and WAY better video and photo hardware. Just look on YouTube for 720p samples of the Evo and the Galaxy S. It's not even close.
    I think someone has this wrong. Isn't Sprint too busy drooling over the EVO to release another heavy hitter? I thought there could only be one superphone per network?
    Quote Originally Posted by ethic3 View Post
    I think someone has this wrong. Isn't Sprint too busy drooling over the EVO to release another heavy hitter? I thought there could only be one superphone per network?
    Verizon brand = "Droid ________" superphones
    Sprint brand = "E_______ 4G" superphones

I'm sure these carriers realize the only device that can carry them without refreshing for 12 months is the iPhone. Android devices should be sold under a house brand and refreshed no later than every 6 months.
    This is honestly the first Android device that may have even a slight chance at my business. I'm not a fan of Samsungs UI, but there's always ways around that. The physical keyboard is a big deal for me and I really like the screen.

I'm really hoping, however, that there's at least an announcement of a new WebOS device before then. hahaha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I hope the Super AMOLED looks better than the whatever AMOLED crap they had on the Moment, because that was a fail imo. Standing next to the Pre, the Moment's screen left much to be desired. Dark with horrendous looking icon text and just flat out ugly. Default Android UI is grotesque. The UI on the other phones in the family looks better (except for the iPhone looking one, the Touch whatever).

The keyboard also looks terrible, worse than the Moment. Why is the space bar so tiny?

But it's great to see a slider keyboard on such a thing device. And the name is a win, better than Evo.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    all I'm thinking about is the additional $10 smackeroos per month for a 4g phone!
    Same here. Every time I'll see "4G" on a new phone then I'm going to think "Unnecessary $10-surcharge". Not because I live in a non-4G area, but because I never felt 3G speeds were inadequate FOR A PHONE. If they want to charge for 4G usage then fine, but I wish we'd get the option to bypass the fee and stick to 3G.
    If you want to complain about the $10, you can always go to AT&T or Verizon and pay almost double for less.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    AMEN barkerja you get more for your dollar with sprint but we need a new WEBOS phone soon cause my pre has about had it.
    Wow, just looking at that picture, it seems the Epic has some really nice buttons. I think with all these android devices coming out, maybe its time to use and abuse the 30 day trial, at end of 30 days return it and get the newer device lol. Oh and what makes Evo nicer for me is just the sense UI.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    The EVO is certainly the nicer looking phone but if you only compare the processors the Epic wins but the processor isn't everything
    It also has a much better quality screen, plays xvids, mkv, divx, wmv etc and has a video rental store. Also DLNA support.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I hope the Super AMOLED looks better than the whatever AMOLED crap they had on the Moment, because that was a fail imo. Standing next to the Pre, the Moment's screen left much to be desired. Dark with horrendous looking icon text and just flat out ugly. Default Android UI is grotesque. The UI on the other phones in the family looks better (except for the iPhone looking one, the Touch whatever).

The keyboard also looks terrible, worse than the Moment. Why is the space bar so tiny?

But it's great to see a slider keyboard on such a thing device. And the name is a win, better than Evo.
    That's just the way Android looks. It is built on 16bit so the UI itself doesn't have much eye candy to offer. It can only display 24bit with photos and video.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    It also has a much better quality screen, plays xvids, mkv, divx, wmv etc and has a video rental store. Also DLNA support.
    There are already free apps that support those video codecs for Android. Additionally, Sprint TV and Mspot allow you to rent movies.
    this game looks like it is an awesome use of the gyroscope. i assume the six-axis does the same thing
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    There are already free apps that support those video codecs for Android. Additionally, Sprint TV and Mspot allow you to rent movies.
    sprint tv? The service does not work over wifi. Anyone that rents a movie from there is wrong. The quality is terrible. The eo does have a low color screen though. Nothing can change that.
    Yesterday I read the announcement of the Samsung Epic, part of the Galaxy S phones. I enjoy my webos but seems a bit age, the hardware.

I wanted to know what you guys thought about it!
    It looks OK but it is a Samsung phone and in my experience it will suck like all the rest of their phones have. I could be wrong but Samsung has a very poor track record when it comes to making quality handsets.
    That may be true, I have not used any of their phones in the past but the hardware seems very impressive. More-so than the HTC Evo that I recently purchased as a second phone
    How about Samsung's Android UI how is that? for those who played/own Samsung's Moment

Also speaking of which, I think that Sprint will only shoot two Android Phones per year.

Last Year: HTC Hero and Samsung Moment
    This Year: HTC Evo and Sprint Epic

I wonder if motorola will make a surprise entrance to Sprint
    I'm more impressed with my Pre
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast