Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    looks like a mess to me... clunky too!!!!!
    you're a borderline troll. Saying the same takes with no elaboration
    After a short love affair with my Epic 4g, it is going back to best buy. I have to say, I love the phone, The OS had a short learning curve, only two days. But the software is buggy as hell. My phone shuts down more then my pre ever did. The battery is bad and the 3g coverage is very slow. I do not understand it. It appears that sprint and samsung are dropping a patch, but this has already been pushed back. I will miss the apps, but Kindle and the screen (which is dope by the way) is not enough to keep me with this phone. Where is the 2.2 update, why does my GPS suck, why can I not load a website inside a building without the use of wifi??? Until these things are no longer a problem I will keep my Palm pre by my side and pray for some fantastic hardware that will allow me to do the few extra things I want to.
    the epic is a very nice phone though, but its kind of hard to compare to the pre hardware wise, in a sense in over a years time samsung as well as other companies had time to captialize on phones like the pre. So to me it still came down to the OS (I had the evo since launch and sold that already) and I just cant do it, android OS is just not for me, but if you dont mind androids OS to me I give this the nod over the EVO. So ill be keeping the pre until the successor comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    the epic is a very nice phone though, but its kind of hard to compare to the pre hardware wise, in a sense in over a years time samsung as well as other companies had time to captialize on phones like the pre. So to me it still came down to the OS (I had the evo since launch and sold that already) and I just cant do it, android OS is just not for me, but if you dont mind androids OS to me I give this the nod over the EVO. So ill be keeping the pre until the successor comes.
    I agree 100%, only thing that wowed me about that phone was the screen. It new so it should br faster then the pre, but damn if it wasn't flawed software wise, plus the multi tasking was lacking big time. Webos is simply better
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Why not use one of the lockscreen apps that let you put on a music widget like WidgetLocker Lockscreen?

One thing I do like about Android screen shots vs Webos is that you can get a clean shot of the screen without having the buttons on the bottom and in certain apps on top of the screen in every shot.

This really stands out in Google maps where you have 4 semi translucent buttons covering the maps on that tiny screen real estate...they should make it so they hide after a few seconds until you tap the screen.

I don't own a Epic I own an Evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    You also risk bricking the phonr by rooting it just to take a screen shot
    Screenshot it actually works without root on the Evos with Froyo.

And most people will never have to take a screenshot ever on their phone. like 98% of the population of android users.

And i agree, google maps on my Evo is like looking at a fold out size map vs. the tiny map screen of the Pre:

Like i am not even trying to exaggerate. I think 3.7" is the smallest i can have a screen now...even then, i'd prefer a 4" screen.

The positives far outweigh the negatives.
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Screenshot it actually works without root on the Evos with Froyo...
    Which mod did you use to get the battery percentage in your battery indicator?

Oh, and for typing on a virtual keyboard....

I always thought that I could not use a virtual keyboard. Just too many errors. I had tried the one for the Pre and the 3.5" iPhone and iPod Touch at some length as well.

...And then there is the SwiftKey keyboard. SwiftKey is even faster than Swype. It predicts your next letters and words. You have natural speech patterns. It learns them. SwiftKey keeps track of how efficient it is in guessing your next words. It is now guessing my next words before I can type them over 30% of the time and climbing. It's spooky...
    - Craig
    Which mod did you use to get the battery percentage in your battery indicator?

Oh, and for typing on a virtual keyboard....

I always thought that I could not use a virtual keyboard. Just too many errors. I had tried the one for the Pre and the 3.5" iPhone and iPod Touch at some length as well.

- Craig
    Nice i use swift key as well. Love it. I am runnning a custom rom:
    [ROM] Mynís Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 2 - 10/15/2010] - Have It Your Way *NEW* - xda-developers
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Nice i use swift key as well. Love it. I am runnning a custom rom:
    [ROM] Mynís Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 2 - 10/15/2010] - Have It Your Way *NEW* - xda-developers
    I have been holding off on rooting and ROMs mainly because I don't need them at the moment and want to save it as something new after I've had android for a while. But this Warm TwoPointTwo has me considering doing it sooner rather than later.
    I had the same attitude....i took a look at this ROM and read comments and said, this is the one to try it on.
    Sorry to jack this back to the epic 4g, but I broke down and got one on friday, and it is nothing short of amazing.

Can't believe I actually thought about holding off on a new Android because I already had the HTC Hero. The smoothness rivals iOS4, as does the screen, and it has really given me a new appreciation for how far this OS has come. Also, it is really nice playing Angry Birds on a large screen.

I will hold onto to my Pre to check out future OS updates, but this thing is so far and above most anything else on the market, it's not even funny. And this is with stock 2.1 running Launcher Pro. I will try out some ROMs somewhere down the road, but I want for little right now.
    i played with an epic and minus touchwiz it is one awesome phone. might be my next upgrade here pretty soon. you cannot beat the lcd clearness.
  13.    #333  
    The comparison in the opening post has been expanded to include the Pre 2.

The Pre 2 adds these features to the Pre:
    • Clock Speed: 1GHz (Note: Many overclock the Pre and Pre Plus to 1.2 GHz)
    • Memory: 16 GB (Same as the Pre Plus)
    • Screen: Glass
    • Camera Resolution: 5 MP

The Pre 2 does not change these features:
    • Display: 3.1"
    • Resolution: 320 x 480
    • microSD Card: none
    • Video Chat: none
    • Front camera: none
    • Camera Autofocus: none
    • Camera Zoom: none
    • 4G or LTE compatibility: none
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 10/26/2010 at 03:57 PM.
    You can leave the overclock part out. The average user isn't doing it, and you'll be able to OC the Epic if you root so.... and don't forget theb graphics chip should be included into the equation.

And while it might come with 16gb, you can easily upgrade the epic to 32gb.

Unless you're happy with the small low res screen, it's still not much of a comparison.
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    You can leave the overclock part out. The average user isn't doing it, and you'll be able to OC the Epic if you root so.... and don't forget theb graphics chip should be included into the equation.

And while it might come with 16gb, you can easily upgrade the epic to 32gb.

Unless you're happy with the small low res screen, it's still not much of a comparison.
    I noted the overclocking because in fairness there are many on this forum who have been at 1.2 GHz for some time.

We did get speed tests back from Epic users at 1.2GHz as well but I think even fewer do it with the Epic because there is really no point as it is already 4 times faster than even a 1 GHz Pre as we found in the speed tests.
    so even though im with android i still like web os so i did the natural thing and made it look a little like web os

hmm, didn't someone try that with the iPhone and got slapped with a cease and desist for copyright infringement.?

That being said , I think it looks awesome, and right now webOS could use some fans
    Last edited by Butters3605; 11/01/2010 at 07:18 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    hmm, didn't someone try that with the iPhone and got slapped with a cease and desist for copyright infringement.?
    im not sure then the some would be for all the iphone and android themes out there? i hope not haha
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    so nice looking
    Nice!

My Themes:CLICK HERE