Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Speaking of ads,

The palm pre has been getting a lot of time on the local radio stations lately. And they are informative and to the point, even.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Speaking of ads,

The palm pre has been getting a lot of time on the local radio stations lately. And they are informative and to the point, even.
    Is this due to some local jockey taking up a cause or are these actual commercial spots?
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Is this due to some local jockey taking up a cause or are these actual commercial spots?
    Nope, they've been the real deal.
    : (){:|:&};:
    I think the commercial at best peaks consumers interest in the device. Smart shoppers will look for more info to make an informed decision about the smartphone purchase. Even though I think webOS is the best platform currently on the market I also don't think the competition is bad either. If webOS didn't exist I'd have an android with a slide out KB and if that meant horizontal I'd deal with it unless the keys are compact enough. I think every one I have seen has the same sized KB. Then if android didn't exist I would have gone with blackberry and hoped the things I didn't like about it got better. This model has addressed the hardware side of things as I loathed the track ball and the small screen on the 8330. I have not investigated the software side to know if BB v6 addresses the problems I had with the software. But in the end webOS takes the cake because even if it doesn't do something I want it to do or look the way I want it to I can with ease make it happen which I couldn't do before and likely not as easily on android.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  5. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    damn I kinda like those blue keyboard buttons.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I just listened to the Engadget podcast, and they trashed the Torch something awful - said that it really sucked and was worse than the BB Bold or Curve.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I played with a Torch today, and you know what? There were no app screens floating in mid-air out of the sides of the phone either left-to-right, right-to-left, or top-to-bottom at all. That commercial was totally fake!

But the phone is pretty nice. It was bigger than I was expecting, very solid, and the keyboard was as good as a Blackberry gets. The screen was fairly responsive (like a STORM 2), but nothing like an iPhone or Droid X.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12