View Poll Results: This thread is funny? (Thread maker made if for laughs) "& your mad".

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 66.67%
  • No

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If the CEO can get away with a $12M coverup and then get a $12M severence package and have his sexual harassment dropped, that is a sign the company has lost control of it's assets.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    A minor bump in the road on the way towards world domination.
    I hope they get a good ceo. A company is NOTHING without a good ceo.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    If the CEO can get away with a $12M coverup and then get a $12M severence package and have his sexual harassment dropped, that is a sign the company has lost control of it's assets.
    Because you know everything that happened, even though there could've been a huge inside deal where Mark Hurd could've sued HP for millions of dollars for some given reason, unknown to general public.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Uhhh where do you get the idea there was a $12m cover-up? The amount of questionable expenses was less than $20k, and that included costs for canceling an event.
    he didt cover up $12million. With all due respect, get some facts. He cheated on some expense reports. The $12m he got in severence is average for a company that size. It pales compared to the $100million he was expecting for his next 3 year contract.

lets not over react. Hp will NOT end up like Palm. They have plenty of cash and leading products.

really?
    let's see now, hp has 40, 000, 000, 000 cash on hand, and the ceo took 12, 000, 000.
    so that's 0.0003/1 of hp's funds. O yea, they're screwed!

That same ceo increase hp's earnings from 32, to 40 billion in 5 years.

Your logic is flawless.

Either that, or your statement is logic-less.
    i dis agree

could be a chance to transition for old teck=h thinking.. to new a more web based.... interconnected device strategy.

Hurd did not seem to be on the same page with many other execs with his announcements.
    now he is gone....

thats a bad thing?
    Last edited by clutch1222; 08/08/2010 at 09:06 PM.
    You understand that $24m is virtually nothing to a company the size of HP. I think it's funny to watch the doom and gloomers continue to look for ways to predict the demise of Palm.
    Last edited by hparsons; 08/09/2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Oops, wrote "Palm", meant "HP". Freudian, I suppose.
    He said hp not Palm!
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Because you know everything that happened, even though there could've been a huge inside deal where Mark Hurd could've sued HP for millions of dollars for some given reason, unknown to general public.
    No, but looking at the given and knowing business as i used to own one... I see that the allowance of a $12M "push under the rug" is bad. WHICH IS OBVIOUS. Then he got a 12M severence even though he was being investigated for a sexual harassment case. That's pretty ridiculous.

You guys act as if I am the all knowing all powerful future forcaster. I was just stating what I read and saying that a 24M snaffu is bad OBVIOUSELY and that HP's track record for CEO's who took money "Carly Fiorino" is not looking good and will most likely not improve.
    Last edited by demetry14; 08/09/2010 at 03:54 AM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
  12.    #13  
    I think at this point in the game Device Promo's will only be effective on a big scale if they come out with a slick phone that competes in overall battery, memory, storage & CPU power.

HPQ -9.71% in 1 day
    Last edited by demetry14; 08/09/2010 at 04:03 AM.

I'm not going to worry at all. The computer end of the company (laptops, desktops etc) will hold HP up forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    I'm not going to worry at all. The computer end of the company (laptops, desktops etc) will hold HP up forever.
    I hope for your company's sake you're not in a decision-making position in the tech industry - 'forever' is a long time:

“There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.” - Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp. (DEC), maker of big business mainframe computers, arguing against the PC in 1977.

“The world potential market for copying machines is 5000 at most.” - IBM, to the eventual founders of Xerox, saying the photocopier had no market large enough to justify production, 1959.

“We will never make a 32 bit operating system.” - Bill Gates

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."- Bill Gates, 1981
    No, but looking at the given and knowing business as i used to own one... I see that the allowance of a $12M "push under the rug" is bad. WHICH IS OBVIOUS. Then he got a 12M severence even though he was being investigated for a sexual harassment case. That's pretty ridiculous.

You guys act as if I am the all knowing all powerful future forcaster. I was just stating what I read and saying that a 24M snaffu is bad OBVIOUSELY and that HP's track record for CEO's who took money "Carly Fiorino" is not looking good and will most likely not improve.
    The point is that he DIDN'T push 12m under the rug. what he did was falsify who was in attendance at a few dinners. If they were completely bogus charges, they didn't amount to more than a few thousand dollars...

facts are our friends...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    HP makes soooo much easy money from printers and especially ink carts and its not going away any time soon....they basically have money to burn.

He was investigated for sexual harrassment, and cleared of sexual harrassment. However, he was deemed to have violated the company's standards of business practices.

The compensation package was offered to avoid any potential lawsuit. These types of deals are common. The person accepting the package signs a ton of stuff that is in the interest of the company (no compete for x number of years, agreement not to litigate, agreement not to discolose company information, etc), and in return, they get money that really is a fraction of what they anticipated in salaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I hope for your company's sake you're not in a decision-making position in the tech industry - 'forever' is a long time:

“There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.” - Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp. (DEC), maker of big business mainframe computers, arguing against the PC in 1977.

“The world potential market for copying machines is 5000 at most.” - IBM, to the eventual founders of Xerox, saying the photocopier had no market large enough to justify production, 1959.

“We will never make a 32 bit operating system.” - Bill Gates

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."- Bill Gates, 1981
    While I agree with the general theme of your post, don't you think it's a bit of a mistake to use Olsen and Gates as examples of poor business leaders (which your response seems to imply)?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast