View Poll Results: This thread is funny? (Thread maker made if for laughs) "& your mad".

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 66.67%
  • No

3 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    He was investigated for sexual harrassment, and cleared of sexual harrassment. However, he was deemed to have violated the company's standards of business practices.

The compensation package was offered to avoid any potential lawsuit. These types of deals are common. The person accepting the package signs a ton of stuff that is in the interest of the company (no compete for x number of years, agreement not to litigate, agreement not to discolose company information, etc), and in return, they get money that really is a fraction of what they anticipated in salaries.
    Yerp, His next 3-year contract was estimated to be starting in the range of $100million. That's $33million per year, plus options and bonuses. The severance he got isnt even a rounding error to HP. Hurd already has plenty of money, but the hit of taking roughly 25% of expected salary, loss of bonuses, reputation, possibly his family... It sounds like a lot money to working folks like us, but at his level, it was not much $ to him, but he comes out with major losses in all personal areas. He will emerge as a politician or CEO of some start up after a short time in exile... Just like Carly...
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/09/2010 at 01:34 PM.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    It's a massive and very diversified company. I deal with them all of the time in my day job...for high-end blade servers and enterprise software (e.g., Systinet, Quality Center, Business Availability Center...)...and their portfolio is far larger than that. Their desktop computing division is quite large, but also is not their only line of business. The comparison with an extremely focused entity like Palm is a tad off the mark.
    Another thread for:

"Palm Is Doomed" Forum
  4.    #24  
    This thread is awesome. I like debates, where everyone has their own news site and then says what "they know" from it.

His severance pack went from 12M to 21M now i see 28M
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    this is a stupid thread. HP is nothing like what palm ever was. HP is the global leader in PC sales, server sales... bought EDS which is a cash cow for outsourcing/insourcing/solutions delivery, makes a bajillion on selling printers and ink. How is HP anything like Palm? When did executive salaries bring Palm to its knees? What did the OP put in his pipe and smoke?
    this is the absolute dumbest post I have ever seen. Who in the world would ever think a giant like HP would dissolve over a issue like this. Ok the CEO Hurd F'd up, was compensated for resigning (as stated above to prevent lawsuits), and he gets a 21 blunt salute and life goes on. They have so much capital, cash flow, and lucrative products like printers and laptops, their not goin anywhere. Read analyst reports, stock reports use your head before you post something like this. If you do own a business (as I do as well and its sucessfull) I hope you dont have outlooks like this everytime something happens, and believe me something always happens. This is just the start of things, every company in the world has ups and downs, and short falls, but if your a strong company as HP is recovery is a bare minimum. Please someone close this thread please.
    So, when are they gunna rename this place BradleyCentral.net?
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    So, when are they gunna rename this place BradleyCentral.net?
    I thought they were going to need to rename it "let's crap on Palm and/or HP in every possible way with no actual facts or experience.net"

Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I thought they were going to need to rename it "let's crap on Palm and/or HP in every possible way with no actual facts or experience.net"
    Haha that would be pretty appropriate, considering how it feels like the majority of people here take every ounce of news and twist it to provide proof of palms never-ending downwards spiral towards failure (note the never ending part).

But seriously though, I will be surprised if Bradley isn't named CEO, and if he is, you can bet all of the doubters will immediately start churning out bs about how Bradley is going to get rid of palm because HP can't possibly in a million years compete with the likes of google and apple.
    They will start saying that Bradley failed at Palm, so he will fail again with Palm, and with HP... some people just can't see the good in anything.

Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    They will start saying that Bradley failed at Palm, so he will fail again with Palm, and with HP... some people just can't see the good in anything.
    you nailed it.
    some people will twist anything to the negative.
    most post these days are speculative.
    speculating with a positive slant....and speculating with a negative slant....

the users twisting all news to the negative on this site..... Are like people who constantly complain...hate others based on race/religion etc. They are draining to be aound because they focus on the negative and are consumed with hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    ....and are consumed with hate.
    Whoa now~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    you nailed it.
    some people will twist anything to the negative.
    most post these days are speculative.
    speculating with a positive slant....and speculating with a negative slant....

the users twisting all news to the negative on this site..... Are like people who constantly complain...hate others based on race/religion etc. They are draining to be aound because they focus on the negative and are consumed with hate.
    +1
    exactly, and people forget Apple was on the kicking block until ...wait a minute Rubenstien developed the ipod and brought them out of the dark and started their success. I also believe bradley would be a great CEO, Palm remember since day one, never had the resources a HP,Google,or Apple has so they could never evolve fast enough. Then with the economy crashing small companys Like Palm folded. Now with all these creative minds from Voodoo, Palm, etc all at one company we have what you call a allstar team in a sense of creativity, intellegence, and talent all together. ADD HP with the financial ability, and relationships with top manufactures (like Omap4 technology) I really really don't think HP, Palm, or Webos is going anywhere, infact Id bet money in a years time, you'll see that mind share towards Webos go through the roof, and finally Webos will not only be a household name, but get the praise it deserves. Lets face it regardless of anything you can say about Android, windows 7, or IOS4 deep down inside everyone knows even in its current form Webos is the best, and has to be reckoned with and thats 1000 reason why HP will most likely succeed...........some positive ish for your A** people
    OMG...

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

There was NO "cover-up". Lets get that straight.

They guy is the CEO of a publically traded company, and must always act in the best interests of the sharehilders. Always.

As an executive of HP, he is not permitted to put himself into a situation where he could be seen with a potential "conflict of interest", where the shareholders best interest could suffer, even the SLIGHTEST BIT, by his "favoring" this outside contractor with gifts and dates that were not "earned".

He dated and tried to seduce an old subcontractor (marketting) using company funds and "hid" them by lying about it.. reportedly, to the tune of $20k.

He did what many CEO's did, do, and will, however, it appears that this subcontractor was an "opportunist", and decided to make a formal complaint to HP regarding of his overtures, and thats when the proverbial poopie hit the fan.

The $28m severence pay is a contractual obligation that the BOD had with him when they hired him, under an employment contract with compensation terms for "termination"- this is typical for CEO's of companies of this size (HP has 304,000 employees worldwide.. second in technoogy only to IBM which has 410,000 employees).

So, to recount:

The is no "cover up".. but there is HP not wanting to air any dirty laundry or have their name smeared because of the personal actions of Mr. Hurd - he put himself into a position where he, at some point in time, would not (and did not) act in the est interests of HP, and they fired him for it (violating HP's "code of ethics").

The money and stock options he recieved is a contractual obligation - legally enforcable as a condition of the terms of his imployment with them.. if they dont pay him, he sues them for even MORE, and likely wins.

FYI...
    Last edited by LCGuy; 08/09/2010 at 04:07 PM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

The HP board is still filled with many old-schoolers from the Bill Hewlett & Dave Packard days in which they had a zero tolerance policy for questionable ethics (like trying to misdirect the use of corporate funds for personal use).
  16.    #36  
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    yes, the stock is down, look at it in the past 5 years, theres up and downs!

That's the stock market. If you seriously think that hp is going to bankrupted in the next 5 year, I'll meet up with you and we can bet $50, 000 on it. Have a lawyer present and everything.

I'm sure other precentral users would like in on that.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    yes, the stock is down, look at it in the past 5 years, theres up and downs!

That's the stock market. If you seriously think that hp is going to bankrupted in the next 5 year, I'll meet up with you and we can bet $50, 000 on it. Have a lawyer present and everything.

I'm sure other precentral users would like in on that.
    I never said that, I made this thread out of sheer boredom and am having a great laugh from all the mad people. I know HP is a major powerhouse and they may be around for a long long time. But it's so funny seeing everyone get mad and vent on this thread.

You should answer my poll, it's very worth while. Hahaha

EDIT: Also HPQ stock is only about 4% publicly available anyway so the stock market is not a great place to see how they are doing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I think at this point in the game Device Promo's will only be effective on a big scale if they come out with a slick phone that competes in overall battery, memory, storage & CPU power.

HPQ -9.71% in 1 day
    Don't forget, the same thing happened to APPL when consumer reports came out with their statement about the iphone 4 and its antenna. HP will rebound without a doubt, just as apple did.

Was Mark Hurd Really That Good for Hewlett-Packard? - DailyFinance

Hurd was a good executive, but hardly a visionary. He won't be hard to replace imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I never said that, I made this thread out of sheer boredom and am having a great laugh from all the mad people. I know HP is a major powerhouse and they may be around for a long long time. But it's so funny seeing everyone get mad and vent on this thread.

You should answer my poll, it's very worth while. Hahaha

EDIT: Also HPQ stock is only about 4% publicly available anyway so the stock market is not a great place to see how they are doing anyway.
    The poll made about as much sense as the original post...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast