Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I've had two Pre's replaced in the past 2 weeks by Sprint (and not as an insurance claim).
    One wasn't charging correctly and the other had an intermittent power button and a volume up button that would activate and stick (constantly trying to turn the volume up).

They were purchased on launch day.

May be worth taking it to a Sprint repair shop. Even if you are looking to move to an EVO (or something else), you could still get it replaced and sell it (or keep it as a backup).
    Yep. I replaced my Pre 5 times. I gave up on it when the 5th one developed the same usb port crack issue. Before moving to the EVO, I decided to at least get that issue resolved so I replaced it again. The replacement was defective so I rejected it and got a 7th Pre. What's interesting is that I bought the EVO at the same time that I was getting Pre #5 replaced (same line) and I went in and got Pre #7 AFTER I had already bought the EVO. So I'd say Sprint is pretty reasonable with replacements.

Your mileage may vary. The usb-door-crack is a known issue recognized by Sprint, so I had not problems with replacements. You may want to see if they recognize the power button issue as a common problem. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    yes ...its just a phone. when people feel the need to visit P|C and put down users choice of phone.... lame.

some people defend phone... not bc of phone... because they despise the weakness others show( shalowness) by identifying with the masses.. suppporting the popular decisions in smartphone os's... and then feeling the need to visit P|C to put down the choice of the users on this site.

for some... its not even about the phone.... its hating those that side with big #'s... and still fell the need to crush the little guy.

whats interesting... is they would not bother if they thought there was no threat of the little guy showing up their current choice of OS.... so they feel the need to put down and crush.. at the weakest possible time.
    i really hope HP uses this smartphone/ mobile space battle... as a way to distinguish themselves. They can show the world that little chinese companies like HTC can not compare to an american Giant from california... and an american Icon - Palm - from california as well.

Long live U.S.A. .... the future of our country's economy may depend on its ability to continue to lead the world in technology.
    its more than a phone.. its our future.

Live free or Die.
    or..... move to china
    TRANSLATION: If you're not supporting only the Pre (built in Taiwan) in this forum (Cross-platform Chat), then you hate America.

Does that pretty much summarize your intellectual take on all this?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you don't agree with an opinion - simply move to another thread.
    And if you don't like your neighbors move to another street. God forbid anyone try to voice an different personal view of a subject. What is the point of a discussion board?
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    yes ...its just a phone. when people feel the need to visit P|C and put down users choice of phone.... lame.

some people defend phone... not bc of phone... because they despise the weakness others show( shalowness) by identifying with the masses.. suppporting the popular decisions in smartphone os's... and then feeling the need to visit P|C to put down the choice of the users on this site.

for some... its not even about the phone.... its hating those that side with big #'s... and still fell the need to crush the little guy.

whats interesting... is they would not bother if they thought there was no threat of the little guy showing up their current choice of OS.... so they feel the need to put down and crush.. at the weakest possible time.
    i really hope HP uses this smartphone/ mobile space battle... as a way to distinguish themselves. They can show the world that little chinese companies like HTC can not compare to an american Giant from california... and an american Icon - Palm - from california as well.

Long live U.S.A. .... the future of our country's economy may depend on its ability to continue to lead the world in technology.
    its more than a phone.. its our future.

Live free or Die.
    or..... move to china
    You really seem to have fallen of the proverbial "deep-end" with regards to defending the Pre. Most of this discussion is in the cross-platform forum where many people are seeking the opinion of others and the possibilities that both the Pre/webOS and other alternatives offer. Like most things... there is good and there is bad. The Pre (other than the hardware issues) is perfect for my wife (and I would and have recommended it to others). But for users that are more tech oriented or want a little richer feature set, I might recommend another device.

BTW most of the PC users you are generalizing about still own Pre's or still hope HP/Palm can get back in the game and that is the primary reason the still come to these boards. That... and to help other users. I highly doubt very many come to these boards just to degrade the Pre and it's users...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    TRANSLATION: If you're not supporting only the Pre (built in Taiwan) in this forum (Cross-platform Chat), then you hate America.

Does that pretty much summarize your intellectual take on all this?
    HP ceo is ousted... what do you think... the end of HP?
    please....

if you read all of that... and sumarized it by the last sentence.... you chose to focus on what you can make an argument... period.
    There are many posting here that do that...you are not alone.

reread the post.

the end... i got a bit "Pro America"... please forgive me. I happen to live here and love this country more than any other....

Im sure you do as well... not taking any shots there
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    You really seem to have fallen of the proverbial "deep-end" with regards to defending the Pre. Most of this discussion is in the cross-platform forum where many people are seeking the opinion of others and the possibilities that both the Pre/webOS and other alternatives offer. Like most things... there is good and there is bad. The Pre (other than the hardware issues) is perfect for my wife (and I would and have recommended it to others). But for users that are more tech oriented or want a little richer feature set, I might recommend another device.

BTW most of the PC users you are generalizing about still own Pre's or still hope HP/Palm can get back in the game and that is the primary reason the still come to these boards. That... and to help other users. I highly doubt very many come to these boards just to degrade the Pre and it's users...
    You used the word "Proverbial".. that must make you an intellectual.

i think everyone here... including yourself know exactly what i am posting about... on the "what i will miss about my pre" thread.

you can catch it on the:
    " its been a great year... but im moving on"
    "I think its time to move on, any suggestions"
    "should I get a different phone"

etc....
    most of them have less than 10 posts on this site.

yes its cross platform. If you do not think their are people with serious interests on swaying webOS users to android....
    and don't forget the '1 reason you bougt a Pre' thread as you can assume that the reason would also be the feature missed if someone switched.
    There will always be features someone missed when switching from one smartphone to another, that is just the way it works.

However, everyone has a right to choose the phone that's right for them. In this case, no one is wrong or right, you have to do what is right for you!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Im begining to think I would not miss much. I love my Pre, but my whole family has switched to Android. Even my wife who was a die hard BB lover has switched to the EVO. My kids all have Hero's. Even though they are older, they have so much to offer. I tried to get them to buy the Pixi, but they just blew it off. If the Pre does not start getting some seriouse apps quick, and put out some info about a new device, I may end up leaving myself. My bank just sent me a e-mail iPhone and Android can now deposit checks using the banks app. You can process credit card orders using your android phone. Come on HP.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12