Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Anyone with common sense realizes that a shorter object will fit better in a pocket than a longer one... .2" thickness won't make much of a difference, but length will.
    By your logic, a tennis ball fits into a pocket better than, say, a waffle.

Anyone with common sense realizes that pockets come in many sizes and locations with many uses. Which pocket were you referring to that is more friendly to fatter, shorter (call them portly) phones?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    By your logic, a tennis ball fits into a pocket better than, say, a waffle.

Anyone with common sense realizes that pockets come in many sizes and locations with many uses. Which pocket were you referring to that is more friendly to fatter, shorter (call them portly) phones?

The point is that overall "size" means very little, while the screen dimensions will be the limiting factor for what pockets you can put the phone in. Once you hit the 4 inch screen size mark, putting your phone in the average shirt pocket will be difficult, while going from a half an inch depth to a full inch depth won't be a problem.

The Pre Plus has dimensions of: 2.35 x 3.95 x 0.67 inches

Now, that thickness isn't going to cause a problem, even if it is thicker than other devices. If you increase the other dimensions to 3.5x4.5, that MIGHT cause an issue for fitting in a pocket, even if you changed the "thickness" to be 0.1 inches which would make the device "smaller", the dimensions would still be problematic.
    I like the size of the Pre and I think the iPhone is about as big as a mobile phone should get!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    The point is that overall "size" means very little, while the screen dimensions will be the limiting factor for what pockets you can put the phone in. Once you hit the 4 inch screen size mark, putting your phone in the average shirt pocket will be difficult, while going from a half an inch depth to a full inch depth won't be a problem.

The Pre Plus has dimensions of: 2.35 x 3.95 x 0.67 inches

Now, that thickness isn't going to cause a problem, even if it is thicker than other devices. If you increase the other dimensions to 3.5x4.5, that MIGHT cause an issue for fitting in a pocket, even if you changed the "thickness" to be 0.1 inches which would make the device "smaller", the dimensions would still be problematic.
    Interesting viewpoint, but your '4-inch-screen-size-not-fitting-in-the-average-shirt-pocket' theory shows a remarkable ignorance of the average shirt pocket size. What shirts are you wearing that comfortably accomodate a 2.3"-wide, 0.67"-fat phone, but can't handle a 2.6"-wide, 0.4"-slim phone (e.g. Droid X)? Are you, perhaps, inadvertently talking about a toddler's Oshkosh B'Gosh outfit?
    Cell phones shrunk in size for years because there was nothing to see on screen but the number in the Caller ID.

Ask your Sprint Store if you can see an EVO that is not mounted on a plate on the wall. Put it in your pocket. Walk around and see how it feels. It's like trying on shoes.

Now put the Pre in your pocket.

I would not have believed it without trying it myself.

The EVO is smaller. It fits way better in my work Dockers and my jeans and shorts. I have had them both for months now.

It is not just that the Pre takes up more space. The Pre is short and chubby and bulges my pocket out. The EVO is tall and slender and is barely noticeable.

Before you decide which phone is more comfortable in your pocket, why not try it?

You will be amazed at the difference.

But the pocket test is only one factor. Also consider HDMI HD output, camera resolution, SD card, 100,000 apps, 2x pixels, 1GHz, etc.

Pop out the kickstand and watch an HD movie and see what you think.

For some the EVO is what they wished a Pre 2 might have been. Add a keyboard and it would be Epic.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/09/2010 at 10:20 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12