1.    #1  
    Just curious if anybody has run into this problem. Probly not too many, but it's just strange that the EVO will broadcast and connect just fine for an iPod Touch, but not two separate Pres.

Hmmm...
    Sibling rivalry?
    Are you using the official sprint Hotspot application or are you using a 3rd party wifi tethering/hotspot application because the 3rd party applications use a ad-hoc network that doesn't work with all devices.
  4.    #4  
    That's what I told him, but he didn't believe me!!!

Sure enough... we found another EVO w/ legit hotspot, and mine worked off of it, yet the "new" EVO wouldnt work off my brothers. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    That's what I told him, but he didn't believe me!!!

Sure enough... we found another EVO w/ legit hotspot, and mine worked off of it, yet the "new" EVO wouldnt work off my brothers. :/
    Try the new versions of Wifi tether for Root Users on Google code. The one in the market (I think it's still only 2.0.2) is older (and only supports ad-hoc). The more recent versions support infrastructure.

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

You may have to try 4-8 depending on what ROM you are using. If stock, try 4, 6 or 7. I haven't tried 8 yet, as 7 is working fine for me on Froyo.

BTW... this requires root.

EDIT: The Sprint hotspot will run and allow users to connect even if it is not activate (but won't allow internet access). You will get a error code 67 (I think it was).