1.    #1  
    I went to a Sprint store the other day to check the EVO. While there, I checked out some of the other devices as well. While there, 2 different sales people, just in general conversation, spoke VERY highly of the Pre. Maybe it's just because there's a 3-4 week waiting list for the EVO, who knows.
    Once they found out I had a Pre, they both said the same thing. They said flat out that coming from a Pre that I'd never be satisfied with anything other than the EVO.
    On another note, has anybody else checked out the Hero with the new 2.1 update? WOW, that thing is like a totally different device. Very nice! It was fast, responsive, and just overall impressive. It was like a "baby EVO".
    After my experience with the newly updated Hero, I think it makes a great alternative to the EVO, without having to pay the 4G tax. The sales people said that the Heroes are shipping now with 2.1 already on-board. A Radio Shack rep told me that as well. I'm giving serious thought to getting one.
    The Saint
    I still talk up the pre regardless of the bad hardware. But my local sprint store coudln't say anything but the phone sucks.
    Yeah Android is looking to be a great alternative for this Drag of nothing new from HPalm..
    I love the Pre, but there has been absolutely nothing new except for a few Kernals and Camcorder since February. I love some of the 3D games but I just want flash or some better apps at least.
    Yeah and my Evo just got Froyo with full flash 10.1 today, I guess Android beat Palm to the punch after all those months of them saying they were going to get it first...they can't even get out 1.4.5. Palm get your ****** together or you will go the way of dodo bird.
  5.    #5  
    I couldn't agree more. Tired of HPalm dragging their feet. I'm gonna get the Hero or Evo in the next day or so. To hell with Palm.
    My Sprint Store doesn't have the Pre or Pixi on display anymore.
    I'm starting to assume that the next device will go to either Verizon or ATT. That would explain why both of those phone companies have really slashed the price of the Pre Plus while Sprint has held the price steady.
    Yeah...that's why they keep dropping the prices and charge nothing for a mobile hotspot that uses data. Because it's so awesome and they can't wait for the next generation of WebOS.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Yeah and my Evo just got Froyo with full flash 10.1 today, I guess Android beat Palm to the punch after all those months of them saying they were going to get it first...they can't even get out 1.4.5. Palm get your ****** together or you will go the way of dodo bird.
    It is not Palm holding up 1.4.5 it is the carriers. It is out over seas.
    The fact Palm hasn't made the Plus versions available on Sprint is just abysmal. The minute those models went into production, Palm should've closed shop on the standard models, planned to sell through on the regular Sprint versions and then switch Sprint to the Plus versions after any Verizon exclusive expired. With no new hardware being leaked, shown or whatever, it's simply a joke.

And Sprint owners should've been allowed to upgrade to the Plus versions at the full discounted price without incurring a new contract for the sheer fact no new models are on the horizon and Palm should consider themselves lucky any of their customers are staying loyal with the onslaught of Android.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    it's bs...... That I had to buy a regular pixi 4 months ago with a new contract. I wanna plus
    die
    j/k
    good luck

god speed.

adios
    ariverderchi
    sianara
    alvederson
    peace out

make sure to take a bagged lunch... see you in 3 months!