Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Hahahaha yes, its ALL about hardware and apps for Android. Remember when it was the G1, no one gave a rats **** about it, then google partnered with many hardware makers and decided to flood the market. It doesnt matter to most end-users who dont have a clue if they have the latest and greatest engine (OS) under the hood....but they got sweeeeet hardware.

Once HP comes out with something, I think they will be fine since there is such antincipation and their reach is deep on the business and consumer side. It just better be the BOMB!! I am ready to give up this Honda Accord for the Bently/Rolles Royce of smartphones.
    People didnt' care about the G1 because the software was so early. Android became relevant after the Moto Droid came out.
    GOOGLE is RicH!!!!!!!!!
    They have the Genius of collecting your personal user data.. and make $$$$ off of it!
    now... they have it in the PALM of your hand. Txting.. phone calls... contacts.... social media choices... AD PLACEMENT

Hoorah for GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ART! KCUF GOOGLE
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    GOOGLE is RicH!!!!!!!!!
    They have the Genius of collecting your personal user data.. and make $$$$ off of it!
    now... they have it in the PALM of your hand. Txting.. phone calls... contacts.... social media choices... AD PLACEMENT

Hoorah for GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ART! KCUF GOOGLE
    Bitter?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Bitter?
    lol!!!
    No .. I have a choice... and choose webOS.

If i was bitter.. i would be posting n=my "agenda" on android central.

I created an account there 4 months ago... to make 1 post.

You?

http://fffff.at/
    Last edited by clutch1222; 08/04/2010 at 02:18 AM.
    Apple and Google have very different approaches and yet both are successful over Palm. No matter how you defend Palm, they did something wrong again. The market share is abysmal.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Wow Android is absolutley dominating. and no signs of letting up.
    Android better be dominating since there's multiple companies splitting all that success.

Have to remember though, there's no company named Android to compete against. When an iOS device is sold, Apple and apple only realizes its killer profit margin on it. Every sale leads to more revenue on its iAds and itunes store (apps & media). Once a customer is introduced to the ecosystem, this also opens up more Mac sales. And also, once in the ecosystem, that customer is likely to stay and upgrade later.

But HTC, Samsung, Moto, Dell, LG, and whoever else can do nothing but produce android hardware and their own skins like Sense to differentiate them. All these companies are dependent on google. Getting an HTC Evo doesn't mean someone will be buying an HTC android slate (not that it exists). Much of this success still comes from being the main alternative to an iphone especially for those carriers who don't have an iphone.

The opportunity is definitely there for HP/palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    People didnt' care about the G1 because the software was so early. Android became relevant after the Moto Droid came out.
    You made my point. The article attempts to make the arguement and focus about Android, as if its about the beauty and desire for Android, while I think its more about google focus on just providing their OS on some very nice flagship devices.

So the selling point and growth of Android is more about motarola and HTC, which has sweet hardware, and is what the avg (major majority) end users care about along with cool apps, and a few other gadgets. I personally know and have many friends/associates who cant tell you ANYTHING about Android the OS, nor which version they are using.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 08/04/2010 at 08:21 AM.
    And this is what i'm talking about.....Android, despite being on a bunch of handsets....only has a handful of halo devices. Its not like every android phone out there sells well...you are looking at HTC Hero, Droid, Droid Incredible, Evo and probably the Moto X.....we'll see how the Galaxy S phones do.

But general consumers don't WANT to think about Froyo or other updates...again, they really care about if their phone works out of the box. Any updates that come to them will be a surprise and enjoyment, but there are tons of happy android consumers out there based on statistical evidence.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12