Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 138
  1. #2  
    Palm OS is not the same as WebOS. I am curious where that falls in the mix.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  2. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Palm OS is not the same as WebOS. I am curious where that falls in the mix.
    +1.
  3.    #4  
    Well, the percentages add up to 100% so they didn't leave out out any platforms. It's most likely that they consider webOS to be the Palm OS.
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Palm OS is not the same as WebOS. I am curious where that falls in the mix.
    lol yeah does it's all in the same boat palm has one os and we kno what it is.. Yeah it's not no secret palm suks rite now
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, the percentages add up to 100% so they didn't leave out out any platforms. It's most likely that they consider webOS to be the Palm OS.
    I find that really unlikely since the Pre had a big Sprint rollout in Q209 and has since had rollouts on Verizon and AT&T. The chart shows a steady decline for PalmOS all the way across.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    lol yeah does it's all in the same boat palm has one os and we kno what it is.. Yeah it's not no secret palm suks rite now
    Grammar, punctuation and spelling can really help you communicate a thought in a way that people understand it.

    But in spite of all that, I think what you are trying to say is that you don't like WebOS. That's fine. However there are a whole lot of people out there in the industry who think it is a great OS and something that will continue to grow as it is further developed and applied to new hardware applications. In fact HP just bet $1.2 Billion on it.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I find that really unlikely since the Pre had a big Sprint rollout in Q209 and has since had rollouts on Verizon and AT&T. The chart shows a steady decline for PalmOS all the way across.
    WebOS devices not selling on Verizon and AT&T coupled with Sprint users bailing out could account for that.
  8. #9  
    #1 this is mobile site if spelled it wrong or what ever you got what I was saying I'm at work on this little phone keyboard. #2 I own a pre which I'm typing on rite this minute.#3 you of all people should know not to judge me you don't even know me and how I fill about the pre.#4 your a pastor god don't like ugly and stay on topic PASTOR







    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Grammar, punctuation and spelling can really help you communicate a thought in a way that people understand it.

    But in spite of all that, I think what you are trying to say is that you don't like WebOS. That's fine. However there are a whole lot of people out there in the industry who think it is a great OS and something that will continue to grow as it is further developed and applied to new hardware applications. In fact HP just bet $1.2 Billion on it.
  9. #10  
    I think Palm OS is at a greater market share than WebOS to be honest.

    (no data to back this up but it makes sense).
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    #1 this is mobile site if spelled it wrong or what ever you got what I was saying I'm at work on this little phone keyboard. #2 I own a pre which I'm typing on rite this minute.#3 you of all people should know not to judge me you don't even know me and how I fill about the pre.#4 your a pastor god don't like ugly and stay on topic PASTOR
    1. I wasn't being ugly or judging you. I didn't say anything personal or judgemental. This forum is hosted in a written electronic format and as such the standards of written electronic communication should be adhered to as much as one is able. If someone isn't very skilled in those areas they can always utilize a word processor with spelling and grammar checks to type their post, check it and then copy and paste it into the forums. It only serves to help them better communicate what they need or express their opinions well.

    2. Yes I am a Pastor in real life and I try and speak the truth tactfully when and where it is appropriate. Sometimes people don't like it and take it personally even when it isn't intended that way. I sincerely apologize if you were offended. It was not my intention to do so. Not only that, but as a forum leader here I am not supposed to be rude or sarcastic, so I work real hard to not do that.

    3. God says many things about me and most of them are completely ugly and offensive. However He loves me anyway and I find comfort in that.

    4. Lastly, the topic was PalmOS market share among smartphones and whether or not WebOS is represented in the data. This is significant because there is such a thing as PalmOS and it is not the same as WebOS. The topic was not one's personal opinion of WebOS or Palm as a company. So if I took it off topic there, again... I apologize.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  11. #12  
    I apologize also.
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I think Palm OS is at a greater market share than WebOS to be honest.

    (no data to back this up but it makes sense).
    Hmmm, may well be? I had the thought myself but wasn't sure how many devices were still in use with it. The Pre was my first Palm device and exposure to the Palm community.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  13. #14  
    I know you love webos and wish to defend it against the competition but the truth is no one is buying these phones nor do they want to sell them. Palm Pre/Pixi are considered niche phones by the general public, they don't even know they exist. They either want an Iphone or Android phone by cellphone name because they don't know what the Android os is yet....they just want the phone that happens to be Android. I even have an Evo now and my Pre is doing clock duty. If you look at the chat it covers the whole time webos existed, so it is included.
    Last edited by kinster02; 08/02/2010 at 03:21 PM.
  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    WebOS devices not selling on Verizon and AT&T coupled with Sprint users bailing out could account for that.
    Don't tell that to the 6 people I know who have a Verizon Pre+ or the 3 people I know that have an AT&T Pre+. Most of them got their phones after seeing my Verizon Pre+.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    I know you love webos and wish to defend it against the competition but the truth is no one is buying these phones nor do they want to sell them. Palm Pre/Pixi are considered niche phones by the general public, they don't even know they exist. They either want an Iphone or Android phone by cellphone name because they don't know what the Android os is yet....they just want the phone that happens to be Android. I even have an Evo now and my Pre is doing clock duty. If you look at the chat it covers the whole time webos existed, so it is included.
    I don't think I did any defending of WebOS against its competitors. I didn't even mention any of its competitors. I did however note HP's purchase of Palm.

    What I have asked is if the data is really referring to PalmOS or if it is referring to WebOS or some combination of Palm smartphone operating systems. It's not a question of liking or disliking an OS, it is a question of what the data actually represents.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  16. #17  
    This is the more interesting graph to me, especially when people keep telling me that RIM, Apple, and Android have all these users that won't leave if another OS (say Palm) comes out with a top of the line new phone. Seams this data says otherwise.

  17. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #18  
    Did you see the engadget post on RIM defectors. Have a look at my post:

    http://forums.precentral.net/general...-platform.html

    I wonder if HP will court these business users Soon Enough.

    edit: hey, whats with P|C borking the url

    forums.precentral.net/general-webos-chat/257480

    hp-time-right-claim-your-place-rightful-platform.html
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, the percentages add up to 100% so they didn't leave out out any platforms. It's most likely that they consider webOS to be the Palm OS.
    Maybe, but if they didn't include it then it's not going to show up at all and the percentages will still equal 100%. I just have a hard time believing that number includes WebOS.
  19. #20  
    I don’t think that WebOS was considered in the study, if it were there would be an increase in the curve when the pre plus and pixi plus came on the scene. The graph shows a study decline, so they are probably really talking about PalmOS which you can still buy.

    I also think it interesting that there is such a brand loyalty. I would think that Carrier loyalty would be a governing factor, but I guess the Operating System is more important in a smartphone than the carrier.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions