Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    this holiday will be more options with or without a hpalm phone. Id wait until then personally.
    You could, but keep in mind any phone you buy during the holidays will probably look shrimpy compared to what's announced at CES in January for 2011.

You're always going to have a bit of buyer's remorse. If you like the Evo, get it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    You could, but keep in mind any phone you buy during the holidays will probably look shrimpy compared to what's announced at CES in January for 2011.

You're always going to have a bit of buyer's remorse. If you like the Evo, get it now.
    I agree there will always be something better released.

the difference is , the user has been on a webOS phone that is lacking a certain feature neede. If the user has spent $$$ on apps...and time using webOS and enjoys the elegance that gesture, cards etc offer. Leaving now before the next gen phone is announced... Would not be wise.
    if losing all of your apps is not an issue... And you do not care for webOS.... Then by yourself an evo.
    ultimately, user needs to spend some facetime with any suggested phone...

so if webOS is dead to user.

options:
    evo
    galaxy s epic capture
    droid x
    iphone 4
    blackberry torch

my advice... Google revies on all of them
    review pros and cons to each. Narow selection to 3 of them.. And spend time interacting with all three. Then make ur decision and lock yourself in. Also, buy over the phone...qoute interney pricing and ask for matching. They almost always match. In store... Never

good luck
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    NoDramaMama,

I work in Troy and my parents live in Troy so I know what you're going through. I, too, have wished for hands-free with the Pre and I also have the BlueAnt headset that has voice control.

I suggest you go with the Evo. Even with the extra $10 a month, it's still a better plan that they other guys offer. I have been looking into it myself and think I will make the plunge very soon for the Evo.

Let us know what you decide.

Your neighbor,

Tim
    "In your situation, I might go with the Evo and then in another year hopefully a new WebOS phone will be out and you can change up then. Get a little taste of both worlds."

more advice from Tim...
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    looks like gman is looking for others to validate his choice of moving on before reviewing the options HP will offer.

is this great advice?

after spending a year on webOS.... Move on to android...
    lose all of the apps $$$ you have. Start all over again on android OS...
    then, maybe come back to webos because this guy thinks PALM will not release a new phone before the biggest shopping season of the year... Xmas.

you can buy an evo today.
    in 30 days... Hp releases news on next webOS smartphone and tablet... And you no longer have the options... You are locked into a new contract with evo.

me personally... I lke to review options before making a 1 yr to 2 yr purchase decision.
    Holy twisting of words batman.
    Maybe he should just stick his head in the sand and hope for the best!

You obviously complete glossed over the option of getting a used Hero and retaining his upgrade eligibility.

And looking for validation??? LMAO! Stop being such a tool...
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Holy twisting of words batman.
    Maybe he should just stick his head in the sand and hope for the best!

You obviously complete glossed over the option of getting a used Hero and retaining his upgrade eligibility.

And looking for validation??? LMAO! Stop being such a tool...
    I did not gloss over it... I did not see it. Big diff.
    tool? I'm not the one spending hours on precentral promoting android.

what's the point of having acess to 70k apps...
    if part of your plan is to possibly switch back to webOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    I did not gloss over it... I did not see it. Big diff.
    tool? I'm not the one spending hours on precentral promoting android.

what's the point of having acess to 70k apps...
    if part of your plan is to possibly switch back to webOS?
    It was nearly half of the post....

I won't get into yet another idiotic debate with you or hparsons.

Have a great weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    It was nearly half of the post....

I won't get into yet another idiotic debate with you or hparsons.

Have a great weekend!
    promise!!!

see ya sunshine!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDramaMama View Post
    I don't disagree with you on many of your points..and up until now, that is exactly what I've been doing, is waiting until stoplights...but the new ordinance would prohibit that as well. Any handling of your phone while the vehicle is in motion (and stoplights are still considered as such) will be prohibited.

What you describe about jumping ship too early and then being stuck in a contract again with no upgrade available, etc...that is part of why this is such a tough decision for me.
    make sure you are confident when you decide....good luck.

gspot.... What were you saying?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123