1.    #1  
    Just saw this via twitter. Very nice article detailing the disenchantment felt by a loyal Apple user towards the iPhone and Apple's policies and how he chose to switch to the Palm Pre Plus.

http://linuxgazette.net/177/silva.html
    Great article.

Funny thing is: That's exactly how i came to webOS. And yes, i'm disappointed about the Pre hardware, too, but simply love webOS.

So i'm right with the author - except that i don't watch formula 1, write articles or work for red hat.

Oh, and just to clarify: I'm no Apple hater either - i actually like my Macbook very much, but then MacOSX is comparatively open. I'd ditch it, too, if Apple takes the same approach with MacOS like they do with iOS - No matter, how good, userfriendly, etc it may be!
  3.    #3  
    I actually had (and continue to have) a lot of respect for Apple with regards to its personal computing hardware. They have gradually improved their products and easily surpass many PC manufacturers (if not all) in build quality. Hell, even OS X is a phenomenal operating system. I eventually warmed up to the original iPod user interface. My issues with Apple only started once the iPhone OS was released, and with it, Apple's "Big Brother" policies.
    That's why I like Android and open source nature of its software.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    That's why I like Android and open source nature of its software.
    Welcome to opensource.palm.com - Palm
    Last edited by dsei; 08/02/2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Removed additional open source comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    Welcome to opensource.palm.com - Palm

Also, every non-PDK app is inherently open source.
    Uh, no.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Uh, no.
    Yes, you're right. Just because the source code is viewable does not specifically make it open source software. Post retracted.