1.    #1  

Smartphones weren’t designed to take on fully featured desktop first-person-shooters but with an increasing amount of processing power and memory being packed into today’s handsets, games such as Quake are finding their way onto mobile devices.

Two of the most powerful mobile processors on the market at the moment are the 1GHz ARM-based Snapdragon processor from Qualcomm and Samsung’s own 1GHz ARM-based Hummingbird processor. The devices are high-powered, yet require lower power meaning they are perfect for devices such as smartphones.

You wouldn’t think there would be much difference between the two processors, that is until you see how well they perform when a port of Quake 2 is run on an HTC Desire (Snapdragon) and Samsung Galaxy S (Hummingbird), the difference is quite remarkable:

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2010/07...s-competition/
    Last edited by clutch1222; 07/31/2010 at 08:15 PM.
  2.    #2  
    check out the link for head to head comparison between HTC desire and Samsung Galaxy S running Quake.... Sick
    what link ? lol
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what link ? lol
    weird... Both link and image failed after I posted and checked....
    I'm posting from pre.....
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    [url=’s Hummingbird Processor Destroys Its Competition[/url]

maybe this is it
    yes... Thx!
    I had aleady fixed broken link....

pretty sick huh?
    So sick! Galaxy S Pro is looking so good to me right now...not as ugly as the Moment either. Damn, it's getting so tough right now. September comes, might have to put my Pre on sale...
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  8.    #8  
    Galaxy S
    asphalt 5

VS

Iphone 4
    One word - DANG!
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    Galaxy S
    asphalt 5

VS

Iphone 4
    You know those are two different games, right?
    Good for samsung, really. They haven't done anything interesting in the smartphone area in a long time. Maybe this will get LG to step up.
    Yet their galazy has random UI lag issues still. I just don't trust samsung and phones. I'm glad their chip is good (its pretty much the same chip as the iPad).

But unless you are into 3D games (which if you are, iPhone is your better choice) the current crop of processors are good enough for just about everyone.
    Snapdragon and Hummingbird are actually more alike than they are different.

Most likely it's a 3D acceleration thing anyway for the difference between the two as shown in the video.
    The concept of phone like these running WebOS sends (nice) shivers down my spine... Samsung used to have a Palm OS range of phones...

BUT

From the prespective of Samsung taking on WebOS, I suppose the HP angle pretty much kills that (too many areas of competition)?

russ
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    You know those are two different games, right?
    Yup. I couldnt find the two phones running the same game.
    To be far.... that iphone 4 looks like the brightness is turned all the way down.

I was impressed with the galaxy S performance when pinned against iphone 4 on other videos. Last weekend, I stopped into my local ATT store as i was waiting for a haircut. I played with both the samsung galaxy s and iphone 4.
    Iphone 4 is a beautiful piece of hardware. ios seems boring to me... but very polished.
    Galaxy s looks similar to an iphone 3Gs... but still has that samsung build style ( instinct etc). In the performance dept... amazing( the screen is vibrant and displays deep colors). If i was the avg consumer... the iphone 4 would probably win me over.
  16. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I believe this is the same processor that Apple uses in the iPad and iPhone 4. Apple just rebadged it the A4. I can't post links yet, but you can check it out on Wikipedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbo View Post
    I believe this is the same processor that Apple uses in the iPad and iPhone 4. Apple just rebadged it the A4. I can't post links yet, but you can check it out on Wikipedia.
    my recollection is that Apple's ARM license allowed them to tweak and optimize their A4 variation for their OS -- something that M$ now wants to emulate
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  18. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    my recollection is that Apple's ARM license allowed them to tweak and optimize their A4 variation for their OS -- something that M$ now wants to emulate
    That is correct, but they collaborated with samsung on the hummingbird.