Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I read a lot of post of users leaving the Pre for the Android phones. So are there anyone interested in WinMo phone 7 or are you going to give HP another 6 months?
    never
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    yeah riiiight... like Win7 is even the remotest consideration
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dawizel1 View Post
    I read a lot of post of users leaving the Pre for the Android phones. So are there anyone interested in WinMo phone 7 or are you going to give HP another 6 months?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Jump to a Windows 7 phone? Never going to happen.
    you might find 1 person in here that would jump . hmmmm maybe dbdoinit ? he might bdoinit lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm dumping my beloved KIN for winPho7 asap. Palm hasn't done anything since the acquisition, and I'm done waiting...

oh, wait... I'm very happy with my Pre, and I'm sure there will be many advances from HPalm by the time my contract is up...

Seriously, of all the choices out there, how could anyone seriously be thinking about winPho7?
    And on the tablet front, here is an interesting thought:

Developing a Windows-based alternative to the iPad is a “job one urgency” at Microsoft, company chief Steve Ballmer said today during the annual Financial Analysts Meeting.
    —from electronista

The problem with trying to develop a [Product] Killer is that you’ve already chosen to race your competition’s taillights.

This is particularly difficult if those taillights belong to Apple because they’re not in a race with you, they’re in a race with their own ideas. They don’t even know you’ve got a car.
    I'm thinking the Windows Phone 7 is going to fail because by the time it's released, HPalm will have new hardware/software updates and HPalm will probably rival Microsoft's developer incentives. Also, HPalm will have tablets/netbooks to publish for.

Although I have been known to be wrong. (Lots) Hopefully HPalm will step up the game before Microsoft's release.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    it's either win 7 or blackberry 6 at this time. I really don't think palm will have out a device before january and webos needs apps asap.

I don't get why people hate win mobile much, look at the 3rd party support it will have that alotof phones will not. If they fix the gui and make it compelling, lots of pre users will just ship.

look at the home screen, then look at our pres, also if the media player on windows 7 sounds good that will be a huge plus compared to my pre.
    Just purely based on hardware specs alone, WP7 is a threat. I would submit that they're a bigger threat to Android than to webOS, however. And if Palm's next HW is substantial, and if webOS 2.0 gets a few more important features and something amazing that no one else has yet, in addition to being more enterprise ready, it has the potential to be a significant competitor as well.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Windows Phone 7? Nah, it doesn't interest me in the slightest. If HPalm doesn't announce something soon I'll probably make the jump to Android for the Epic 4G, but Windows Phone 7, not a chance.
    Not even a consideration!
    If Palm's next phone doesn't impress me, I'm off to Windows Phone 7. I have a Zune HD and I ****ing love it. Android isn't very impressive, Blackberries aren't my thing, and I've got no interest in iOS. I'm sort've tired of the app model that Apple pioneered and everyone (including Palm) followed-- big page of app icons, call one up, use it, move on. 7's hub thing they've got going on is interesting to me, but they'll have individual apps, too, so that's there if I need it, too.

Plus, Zune Pass is the ultimate bulletpoint.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    I really can't imagine anyone on this forum going to Windows. By the sheer fact that their presence here means they have interest and knowledge about phones. I bought a Windows phone a while ago (HTC Touch Pro 2) and the hardware was outstanding, hampered by a pile of crap OS. Just like with computers! I think the only reason any Windows phones get bought anymore is it someone's first smartphone and the salesman at the store is pushing it for whatever reason. I certainly can't imagine anyone going back after really experiencing the horror of Windows Mobile. It's like carrying the Blue Screen of Death in your pocket!
    Win 7 phone Yuck!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'm jumping as soon as sprint has a WP7 handset that I want. The practice apps people post on youtube for WP7 are better than the apps in webos app catalog. Zune, Office, Live.

Hell Yeah I'm jumping.
    +1 for the "Never" group.
    When they declare Hpalm useless.
    The real competition will be WebOS and android. When I see WebOS 2 and Android 3 then I'll decide.

Wait.. windows phone 7? Oh uhhh nope NEver

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by EMPOLLA View Post
    I'm jumping as soon as sprint has a WP7 handset that I want. The practice apps people post on youtube for WP7 are better than the apps in webos app catalog. Zune, Office, Live.

Hell Yeah I'm jumping.
    how are you able to install apps off of youtube on a phone you can't buy yet? You must have, to be able to know those apps are better than the palm catalog...
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/06/2010 at 12:23 PM.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast