Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I wonder if you will be able to buy community games from xbox live!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    I wonder if you will be able to buy community games from xbox live!
    I don't know if you're talking about indie dev games but games still can be released on the marketplace and not xbox live.

-MS stated that the xbox live games would get updated weekly just like they do on the 360.
    -I assume marketplace games will be posted anytime just like the apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I never left WM6
    Ha ha! I hear you!
    I would keep this phone duct taped together, using virtual keyboard, before I ever went back to a Windows phone.

And with ease of use of Android, I'm not sure a lot of people will even do that.
    You can't go back to windows phone. It doesn't exist yet, as far as consumers are concerned. As much as I love webOS, wp7 starts to look more and more appealing every day. If they were to make a good mobile Halo game, I don't know if id be able to pass that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    You can't go back to windows phone. It doesn't exist yet, as far as consumers are concerned. As much as I love webOS, wp7 starts to look more and more appealing every day. If they were to make a good mobile Halo game, I don't know if id be able to pass that up.
    I could pass it up and will. Guess i have no desire for mobile "gaming" beyond the simple ones we already have on mobile OS's.

Apple's upcoming gamecenter doesn't interest me at all either.

It's not popular, but i'd prefer to hear Apple talk about how they'll improve notifications, loosen up on restrictions, or improve its current "multitasking." I'd prefer to hear from MS about how robust that office app will be, windows integration, or when it will get multitasking.
    Last edited by cardfan; 08/17/2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Doesn't the Samsung Omnia 2 have WinMo7?

My brother used to have Windows Mobile. It was TERRIBLE. It was oddly setup and you really wasn't much fun.

Why would someone want it?
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Doesn't the Samsung Omnia 2 have WinMo7?
    No, the Omnia two has 'Windows Mobile 6.5." This thread is about a completely different operating system called 'Windows Phone 7' - no technical relationship to WM6.5.
    yeah the xbox live integration is more then i thought they would have honestly. That article i posted actually made me debate if i should wait for it to come out.

But honestly, i'd rather let it grow for a full year before taking a look.
    I'm talking about indie games on xbox live the ones you can buy there simple and look like they could be played on a phone.....

Quote Originally Posted by EMPOLLA View Post
    I don't know if you're talking about indie dev games but games still can be released on the marketplace and not xbox live.

-MS stated that the xbox live games would get updated weekly just like they do on the 360.
    -I assume marketplace games will be posted anytime just like the apps.
    There is an SDK anyone can make games on...they don't have to be xbox live enabled if i've read it correctly.
    I love WebOS and am currently waiting and watching to see what happens with HP (why else would i be on this site?).

However, I am very much also waiting to see what Windows Phone 7 does. WHy? Simple: Microsoft Office. I use it everyday and having actual office on my phone, especially OneNote, would be awesome.

In fact, one of the reasons I haven't bought a Pre (and I almost did) was that it has no document editing!
    Going from WebOS to Windows 7 is a giant step backward. Windows 7 is nowhere near as intuitive as WebOS and they are going to have to rebuild their entire app catalog, not that they had that had that many titles to begin with. WinMO has about the same size app catalog as WebOS.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Going from WebOS to Windows 7 is a giant step backward. Windows 7 is nowhere near as intuitive as WebOS and they are going to have to rebuild their entire app catalog, not that they had that had that many titles to begin with. WinMO has about the same size app catalog as WebOS.
    True. But there are thousands of WM programs that are not in the App store. WM applications were not as centralized as Apple, webOS, etc.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I have had a Pre, Zune, and XBOX360 since day 1. Getting a Windows 7 phone will easily integrate in my environment. Plus the added Office Apps and Netflix apps makes it sweet. I love WebOS, but I really need to see its next hardware. I'm on my 6th Pre.
    Short answer: No.
    Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Me too for the NEVER group... I never truly enjoyed my Treo 750 experience due to the operating system....
    MKTREK - Handspring Visor Blue, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 750, Palm Pre
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Only hardcore gamers will understand me when I say this: Castlevania on WP7. 'nuff said.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Think about it guys. WP7 games can be developed in XNA. I don't know about you, but, there's no platforms out there with this. WP7 may wipe the floor with the competition. I love my Pre to death, but, Windows Phone looks slick and powerful. Indie game developers are going to fall in love with XNA/WP7. I for one, am looking forward to Windows Phone.
    Win 7 is going to be great. I think a lot of people are underestimating it. And it's going to have some great games, not off the bat, but it will happen. If I was younger I'd be temped, but I'm not.

But remember, Win 7 will, for all intents and purposes will be at 1.0. WebOS will be at 2.0 by the end of the year. I'm cautiously optimistic that Ruby and the men and women at Palm have something up their sleeves that will make WebOS compelling.

They actually have to, or else...
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast