Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    how are you able to install apps off of youtube on a phone you can't buy yet? You must have to know those apps are better than the palm catalog...
    Some people just aren't ready for webOS. No big deal.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    if they did something with the apps list they have when you swipe right then maybe...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    how are you able to install apps off of youtube on a phone you can't buy yet? You must have to know those apps are better than the palm catalog...
    I meant apps people are building just for practice or to get familiar with the dev tools. Then there's the ones people plan on releasing. Here's a couple.

Photo stitching app.

Puzzle game

online chess game

Piano app

Tower Defense game

Some developers post up their source code so you can try them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Some people just aren't ready for webOS. No big deal.
    I have a pre... Since the first day. You people and myself included didn't like anyone ripping on webos especially since most people (in the 90%tile) haven't used or are not willing to give it a chance. Everyone who does use it loves it. But you guys are no better than the iphone boys or android boys. You're webos boys who behave in the same way smh.

I gave em a year and still counting. I'm moving on...

Seriously, of all the choices out there, how could anyone seriously be thinking about winPho7?
    Seriously, do some in depth research. Windows Phone 7 is shaping up to be fantastic and surely it will be among the most desired OS's in the smartphone world.

Don't base it off of it's UI. The features under the hood are pretty impressive and shouldn't be overlooked. Did you see the minimum hardware specs? Xbox Live integration, full Zune player coupled with wifi-sync and a $10/month unlimited music subscription? No good huh? Hmm.

Also, it's not the final product yet, they have plenty more to come from that big company, and all in it's 1.0 release. I love WebOS, but man did it sucked @ v1.0.

Im personally torn between a new WebOS device and WP7 on a sexy Portrait Slider, like the Dell Lightning.
    webOS or Death!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    windows 7 asap over webos. A deicated camera button, bigger screen and more developer support = win.

I don't see webos competing in the long haul.
    I like what I've seen of WP7, buuuuuuut, WebOS has made me very reluctant to ever get on a 1.0 release again. We'll see what the specs of Sprint's WP7 phone are and what the final release of the OS looks like, and then we'll talk. I'm heavily considering the Epic, too.

Basically, y'know....upcoming phones that exist.

Hint-hint, HPalm.
    what does xbox integration on win7 mean?
    It means support for xbox live type additiosn (from achievements to viewing freinds list to sending messages etc. etc.)

To anyone who is big on xbox live, thats huge.

Win7 is shaping up fantastic in my opinion.
    Not to be contrarian, but...

While I certainly want to stay with WeBOS for many devices to come, you can bet your bottom dollar that enterprise and busineses will be looking heavily at WinMo7 devices.

The mere fact that they will likely integrate exceptionally well with Exchange and probably be Highly optimized for Microsoft's Office applications, will be the primary motivators.

Email and Office integration and efficiency will, IMO, drive the corporate interest for this.. add in a factor of solid hardware (hence the high spec threshold for new devices with it), and corporate IT departments will likely be pushing it heavily for any new device funding going forward, if it is secure, as well.

As sad as it might seem, corporations couldn't care less about the UI experience, as a trade-off for the above.

Remember, seemless integration with/into 93% of the world's computers is a HUGE benefit for Microsoft, right out of the box. Even though WinMo 6 disappointed many, it was widely accepted by corporate IT, and WinMo 6.5 was developed right after that, with a respectable reveiw from the critics.

WinMo "anything".. is likely here to stay..

With HP buying Palm, Im certain that WebOS will become a major OS in the mobile device market.. perhaps even taking some enterprise business away from WinMO 7, because of what HP might be able to do to make it "enterprise" savy, given thier penetration into that market already.

IMO, of course.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

It means you will have Xbox live on WP7. Some games, perhaps something like Worms: Armageddon, will be cross-platform, If I'm not mistaken.

The UI and features of WP7 are a joke.
  12. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just don't think that MS gets the mobile market yet. Check out some of the UI pics on engadget's preview. It looks like crap IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    what does xbox integration on win7 mean?
    so far, in vers. 1.0 -- nothing
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbo View Post
    I just don't think that MS gets the mobile market yet. Check out some of the UI pics on engadget's preview. It looks like crap IMO.
    Why look at pics when there's video. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by EMPOLLA View Post
    Why look at pics when there's video. Makes no sense.

yes the demo seems impressive.

But at launch will it have cut and paste, multitasking, flash or silverlight support ??

Unlike HPalm, Apple, or RIM -- M$ does not produce its own hardware. It must convince OEMs to add $20-30 to their costs for an OS -- when they could instead use an Android 3 for free.

Android has Apps, maturity and refinement, users, marketing visibility -- and its free.

How much patience are OEMs likely to have if sales of their WP7 devices start slow ??

There are fans of the zune media metaphor -- some are here -- but its not much of a marketing lever in the real world. Some folks like bing -- and its voice search demo looked cool -- but how many users prefer and trust Google for their search ?? Xbox gaming integration sounds like a cool concept -- but WP7 will not have any real value or use at launch.

WP7 is acknowledged to not yet be finished. Even in its own Office App, WP7 cannot copy or paste. At launch will you be able to net browse while listening to your tunes, to multitask ?? Without flash support, will you be able to watch youTubes, like that demo ??

What is the probability if things start slow, that you'll be owning another orphan like the Kin ??
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/01/2010 at 04:38 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Not me.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    The UI is simple, whether you like it or not you can't go wrong with being minimal and simple, that appeals to a larger group than being complication and highly customizable. I think WM7 will do just fine.

I don't think it's for me, but I'm sure there are a lot of others that beg to differ.
    I read somewhere that google actually paid oems to use android ... Or at least profit shared from ads...
    is this true?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    yes the demo seems impressive.

Unlike HPalm, Apple, or RIM -- M$ does not produce its own hardware. It must convince OEMs to add $20-30 to their costs for an OS -- when they could instead use an Android 3 for free.

Android has Apps, maturity and refinement, users, marketing visibility -- and its free.

How much patience are OEMs likely to have if sales of their WP7 devices start slow ??
    You mean those same OEMs that spend their money and hire developers to write and maintain their own UI. Spend money to create mail, text, and widgets apps; they create their own keyboards. All so their phone can be a little different from the other manufactures when most people go back to stock android anyway.

Money is being spent regardless. Since MS (can't believe you actually think about and take the time to type it M$) takes that freedom away to change the UI OEMs don't have to worry about money being spent on making their own software. The OEMs need to focus on the most important thing for them, hardware, anything else is a distraction.

There is a plus. All software updates will happen at the same time since MS controls it. Something not found on android. (HTC) Small updates over the air, big ones through zune desktop software.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EMPOLLA View Post
    I meant apps people are building just for practice or to get familiar with the dev tools. Then there's the ones people plan on releasing. Here's a couple.

Photo stitching app.

Puzzle game

online chess game

Piano app

Tower Defense game

Some developers post up their source code so you can try them yourself.

I have a pre... Since the first day. You people and myself included didn't like anyone ripping on webos especially since most people (in the 90%tile) haven't used or are not willing to give it a chance. Everyone who does use it loves it. But you guys are no better than the iphone boys or android boys. You're webos boys who behave in the same way smh.

I gave em a year and still counting. I'm moving on...
    I feel you man. I'm a launch day Pre owner as well, and I own a zune hd. I love webos, but the phone sucks. While using my zune, I keep saying to myself, how I wish that it was a phone. The interface is so awesome. I am hoping that sprint gets the Dell Lightning.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast