Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    kind of looks like a big version of the palm pre/plus.

http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/...-9800-pictures

i like it... would like to see something like this for the next palm/hp phone. larger screen and resolution, also would like to see a combination scroll pad and gesture area.
    he just had to mention palm
    Yes interesting they mentioned Palm...sounds like they are feeling a little doubt in their design and future options when compare to "Everyone Else."

Next Obama will be dropping BB and joing the Android bandwagon. Idiots! Sorli...
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Nice design, but why the phone keys (or any for that matter) on the face?

RIM unveils new BlackBerry Torch 9800 and OS 6 - Aug. 3, 2010
    News Headlines

Research in Motion introduced its first touchscreen smartphone with a slide-out keyboard in New York on Tuesday, in a push to stem the growing popularity of rival phones from Apple and Google.

RIM [RIMM 56.229 -0.751 (-1.32%) ] has partnered with AT&T as the service provider for the Torch 9800. Monthly AT&T data plans will range in cost from $15 to $25, the companies said Tuesday.
    They didn't get the memo...no one likes AT&T. What a joke - I was hoping the rumor wasn't true. BlackBerry's done for. RIP RIM.
    Look out palm your Pre just got some serious competition from blackberry, it basically a quality built Pre done right with all the software stuff missing from the Pre. It has a 3.2" screen and both physical portait slider and virtual keyboards in the same small form factor.

Last edited by kinster02; 08/03/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    They just stole the Pre thunder this is competition for the Pre. Besides being a quality built phone, it includes both keyboards, 3.2" , SD card up 32gb 4gb included 624 MHz processor and small form factor of the Pre with many of Pre's software features with Android style of multitasking,

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/03/b...irst-hands-on/
    Last edited by kinster02; 08/03/2010 at 01:03 PM.
    I feel like if RIM bought palm, they would have put WebOS on the Torch. But Torch looks ugly so thankfully that didn't happen. Palm needs to box this phone out.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I think the Pre is the better looking phone even though the Torch is most likely better built.

RIM will learn just like Palm that 3.2" is too small. They should have hit AT LEAST 3.5".
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Why is 3.2" too small? I thought screen size was the least of Palm's hardware problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Look out palm your Pre just got some serious competition from blackberry, it basically a quality built Pre done right with all the software stuff missing from the Pre. It has a 3.2" screen and both physical portait slider and virtual keyboards in the same small form factor.

Is it out yet or what? (Update): August 12th.
    Last edited by rush; 08/03/2010 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Is it out yet or what?
    Aug 12 on AT&T.

BlackBerry Torch is official, launching August 12th on AT&T for $200 -- Engadget
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Watch the video and make your own judgments of the device + OS. I wouldnt trade my pre in for the torch.
    Odd that they only put 4G of flash on it. It ships with a 4G micro SD card to make up for it, but that doesn't seem like very much compared to other devices on the market.
    <<threads merged>>
    Screen size on the Pre is fine for me. I love that it's a touch-screen, but still so small. It always looked like I had explosives or something in my pocket when I was carrying my iPhone.
    Talk about copy cats....this is just like the Pre design. I like the Pre better from a design standpoint.
    I am positive I have seen this device before!
    <<Many threads merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Screen size on the Pre is fine for me. I love that it's a touch-screen, but still so small. It always looked like I had explosives or something in my pocket when I was carrying my iPhone.
    I agree. As someone that travels via airports quite often, size matters! The more compact a device, the easier it is to travel with. I already must travel with a laptop, no desire to lug around another 5lb device in my pocket

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast