Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Well Blackberry did it way better than Palm. The slider is very stable and it doesnt even wiggle a little. Doesnt seem like it will ever wiggle. My Palm Pre started wiggling from day 1.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    i saw a friends blackberry that uses something similar to palms synergy for facebook and contacts, when someone updates info and pictures, it updates on their blackberrys as well.
    Man my pre wiggles a bunch. I bet the keyboard is alot nicer feeling too. I just wonder if it is as top heavy as the pre is. I think that is my biggest complaint. Too bad I'll never even consider a bb. Their OS just doesn't do it for me.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Their latest ad also looks a lot like a palm ad with cards moving across.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepalmpre View Post
    I've seen horizontal sliders but not vertical, except of course the pre.
    those that I mentioned are vertical sliders.
    Audiovox PPC-6600 / PPC-6601 / XV6600 (HTC Harrier) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

Palm definitely wasn't the first smartphone with vertical "qwerty" slider.
    it's not just the slider. The color, the shape, pretty much everything about it.
    cool .. I had a PPC6700 and a PPC6800. Never seen the 6600 before.
    Well Blackberry did it way better than Palm. The slider is very stable and it doesnt even wiggle a little. Doesnt seem like it will ever wiggle. My Palm Pre started wiggling from day 1.

I concur that blackberry has done a much better job than the Palm Pre.
    <<another thread merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepalmpre View Post
    Um...I searched twice before I posted and didn't find anything asking the question I'm asking.

I couldn't think of any other phone with a vertical slider, which of course I don't know everything.
    Check out Post #82 in this thread. It's the post with the pictures of two previous vertical sliders?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    What many of you don't seem to even think about is that the original Palm Pre on Sprint is the one that has MOST of the build quality issues. The Plus versions are MUCH better when it comes to quality. You can complain about the INITIAL quality of the Pre on Sprint, but since then, Palm has solved MOST of the problems.

It would be like saying the 2001 version of a car is indicative of all versions that have come out since. That is clearly not the case. Now, what I would like to hear are people who compare the AT&T version of the Pre Plus to the Torch since that compares the most recent versions of the devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    What many of you don't seem to even think about is that the original Palm Pre on Sprint is the one that has MOST of the build quality issues. The Plus versions are MUCH better when it comes to quality. You can complain about the INITIAL quality of the Pre on Sprint, but since then, Palm has solved MOST of the problems.

It would be like saying the 2001 version of a car is indicative of all versions that have come out since. That is clearly not the case. Now, what I would like to hear are people who compare the AT&T version of the Pre Plus to the Torch since that compares the most recent versions of the devices.
    I agree with you in part... but... It would still hold some value if you could only purchase that 2001 version in certain countries? People on Sprint are stuck with the standard Pre. It boggles my mind why this is... but it is what it is...
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I agree with you in part... but... It would still hold some value if you could only purchase that 2001 version in certain countries? People on Sprint are stuck with the standard Pre. It boggles my mind why this is... but it is what it is...
    Simple reason, Sprint feels they were burned by those early quality issues, so they didn't push to have it replaced by the Pre Plus. There is a lingering question about when the last batch of devices came from Palm. So, if the last batch of Sprint Pres was shipped to Sprint back in January, it would not have seen the manufacturing improvements that were in the Verizon and AT&T versions. We are not talking electronics, so the same internal components from the Sprint Pre could have gone into the body of the AT&T version for better build quality.

Of course, you could always buy an AT&T version, pull it apart and then insert the Sprint electronics if you wanted to spend the extra money. It still comes down to the question about the modern Palm Pre Plus build quality vs. the Blackberry Torch. I've heard about some issues with the Blackberry, and how it doesn't feel like it is all that great of a device, so they may be having some issues too.
    Of course, you could always buy an AT&T version, pull it apart and then insert the Sprint electronics if you wanted to spend the extra money.
    You could! But that's not really reasonable for 99.9% of the population (I think you would likely want to get a Verizon Pre Plus and mod it for sprint since they are both CDMA).

I've worked on electronics in the past and was even micro miniature repair certified at one point... And I'm not sure I would undertake that endeavor (if I was motivated to).

EDIT: BTW that just sounds like a bad business decision (for Sprint)... and if it were true I would begin to wonder how open Sprint is going to be with regards to future devices.

I have a Verizon Pre Plus and have had every issue that the Sprint version has had.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456