1.    #1  
    HaHa, to all those who said it will take forever for the Evo to get Froyo from Sprint, well its coming sometime next Tuesday. Wow, a day shy of to months old, this is faster than the Pre receiving 1.4.5.1 that they are still waiting for!

http://www.androidcentral.com/its-of...arting-tuesday
    Last edited by kinster02; 07/30/2010 at 01:04 AM.
    Everyone on the internet is ignoring the fact that it is a tentative release date and is only for the Desire and Legend which are Europe only phones
    To the OP, you might have more luck finding people who care over here
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/

They have an entire sub-forum devoted to the EVO!!!
    froyo and evo, words that mean nothing to me... LoL! My pal has a htc incredible wonder if that's getting it soon too?
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Everyone on the internet is ignoring the fact that it is a tentative release date and is only for the Desire and Legend which are Europe only phones
    Perhaps you should read the link?
    Glad the update is coming and cant wait to try it out and check out the cool features but really was no reason to bring up the Pre. Not cool. But again good news for EVO owners.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 07/31/2010 at 04:24 PM.
  7.    #7  

If you read you will see this thread is listed in the other handset section.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    To the OP, you might have more luck finding people who care over here
    [URL]

Yea, OP is a known troll here at P|C. I'd tell you to check his recent posts, but most of them have been deleted by mods lol.

On another note... Yay Evo. I have heard many good things about Froyo.
    I'm wondering if Sprint's obvious focus on getting Froyo out is why WebOS 1.4.5 is being delayed so long.

Screw the Pre and focus on their flagship phone. Don't really care to be honest, but it makes sense.
    My guess is that Palm actually fixed the bug for webOS 1.4.5 and now all the U.S. carriers are testing webOS 1.4.5.1 and getting it ready for release. I am just curious what happened to Adobe Flash...unless Palm and Adobe will also surprise us webOS users too!
    Its official AUg 3rd the EVO gets 2.2 Froyo

http://www.androidcentral.com/its-of...arting-tuesday

Sprint has just announced what we all were hoping for -- the Evo 4G will be getting Froyo starting August 3, making Sprint the first carrier to upgrade their devices to Android 2.2

Official announcment

http://community.sprint.com/baw/comm...-tuesday-aug-3

The award-winning HTC EVO 4G just got that much better. We are excited to announce that beginning the week of Aug. 1; Sprint will begin rolling out the Android 2.2 upgrade to its HTC EVO 4G customers.

Sprint will be the first wireless carrier to bring1 the latest version of Android to its customers. The Android 2.2 software release provides a significant number of feature enhancements, including:

Voice Dialing Over Bluetooth.
    Application Storage on External Memory, giving users more storage room for all their apps.
    Camera 4-way rotation allows the camera icons to rotate with the camera.
    Improved Browser Performance including a faster JavaScript engine and Flash 10x Support improving the user’s ability to view videos and available content associated with web pages.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 07/30/2010 at 07:27 AM.
    Froyo has adobe flash 10.1 right...so is that a signal that the mobile version is ready and possible for webOS?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    WOW, IT's almost as if I didn't care...

Seriously, what's the point of posting this? I know theres another handset page, but that's usually used to compare something to the pre, not just post random, unimportant facts about other platforms. I don't go on android central posting how Canada got 1.4.5 before the states, cause no one there will care.
    lol give him a break guy he's just posting some that he thought we should kno .keeping an eye on the comp. Atleast it's in the rite place

Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    WOW, IT's almost as if I didn't care...

Seriously, what's the point of posting this? I know theres another handset page, but that's usually used to compare something to the pre, not just post random, unimportant facts about other platforms. I don't go on android central posting how Canada got 1.4.5 before the states, cause no one there will care.
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    lol give him a break guy he's just posting some that he thought we should kno .keeping an eye on the comp. Atleast it's in the rite place
    sure...lets give the guy a break.
    he starts off laughing at pc users....then continues to **** on webOS 1.4.5 release.

if he was just posting the news...that would be ok. He is being an a jerk about it.

another troll

it's amazing when someone is so obviously bias... How they choose to filter what they read.
    Well, regardless of all the crying if this is in the right or wrong forum. I'm really enjoying FroYo on my EVO 4G. They seem to be opening up the 4G towers here in NYC as well. Woot!
    I want a 4g now..

love how fast sprint updated it!
    eh, had it for days prior, to be honest, without baked snacks custom rom the evo's stock battery life and 4G sucked bad... even with froyo. I liked the screen and the speed of playing video and the hulu hack. These are things I liked about the Evo, but I knew from day one I wouldn't keep it. Its... Well android is clunky... It really is, froyo or not. I didn't think I'd like widgets, but the quickssh one was useful. If palm can get me the speed the evo had locally between apps, I'll forget what 4G is... Also, 8MP is nice.
    Yeah froyo is pretty awesome. But 4g is incredible. Was in washington (they have 4G) this weekend and all I can say is wow. was watching my sling box and streaming movies with out a hicup and browsing at lightning speed. Used the EVO to get around washington , find tourist sites etc. Ftoyo has made Android even smoother . Thank god the clunky days of 1.6 are gone. Wish they had 4G where I live but it should be here soon. cant wait.
    i tried the droid x this weekend. not 4g but still a pretty nice phone.