1.    #1  
    According to this, iPad Owners Are ‘Selfish Elites.’ Critics Are ‘Independent Geeks.’ Discuss. | Epicenter | Wired.com , a psychological study of 20,000 users indicate that iPad owners are "selfish elites".
    You could probably find a carbon copy of that for iPods, iPhones or Mac's during their first few years as well.
    I'm sure the 'selfish-elite' moniker will make more than a few iPad users happy. What descriptive best fits a Palm Pre owner? Perennial Bridesmaid? Inferiority-Complex Zealot? Albino-skinned, Buddhist-monk-dancing Woman? Rabid Defender of Last Year's Technology? How does everyone see themselves?
    Isn't this about as obvious as a study to determine if it hurts to put pepper spray in your eye? Talk about mastering the obvious...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I'm sure the 'selfish-elite' moniker will make more than a few iPad users happy. What descriptive best fits a Palm Pre owner? Perennial Bridesmaid? Inferiority-Complex Zealot? Albino-skinned, Buddhist-monk-dancing Woman? Rabid Defender of Last Year's Technology? How does everyone see themselves?
    I guess that makes me a selfish elite/perennial bridesmaid/inferiority-complex zealot/albio-skinned(my favorite)/buddhist-monk-dancing Woman
    So what does a Palm Pre owner who also owns an iPad make?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    An identity crisis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    makes you someone who doesn't need a 3G contract to use the new shiny
    so the choice be "selfish" and "elite" or be a "geek?" Yeah i don't have or want an ipad but i'd rather be selfish and elite then a geek.

Regadless don't Dieter, and the entire rest of the Precentral Palmcast also have ipads? Those darn elites!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    so the choice be "selfish" and "elite" or be a "geek?" Yeah i don't have or want an ipad but i'd rather be selfish and elite then a geek.

Regadless don't Dieter, and the entire rest of the Precentral Palmcast also have ipads? Those darn elites!
    Seriously, being a independent geek can lead you to a financial situation where you can become an selfish elitist.

OK, not realy "seriously", but TongueInCheekly is so hard to spell...
    So, if I have had two iPads and two Palm Pres, how would you describe me? Am I indescribable?
    Cool. Call me what you want, but I own and love my iPad. An electronic device doesn't define or validate me, so call me what you want. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I guess that makes me a selfish elite/perennial bridesmaid/inferiority-complex zealot/albio-skinned(my favorite)/buddhist-monk-dancing Woman
    How Jules Winnfield sounding!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey
    makes you someone who doesn't need a 3G contract to use the new shiny
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    OK, not realy "seriously", but TongueInCheekly is so hard to spell...
    Hmmm... Shouldn't that be 'TongueInCheekily?

Quote Originally Posted by prefan
    So, if I have had two iPads and two Palm Pres, how would you describe me? Am I indescribable?
    Hardly indescribable. You just need to precede all the other labels with two-timin' etc., blah, and so forth.
  15.    #15  
    Hmmm... Shouldn't that be 'TongueInCheekily?
    Checking with my teacher/daughter, she says only if TongueInCheeky was the original word (for instance, merry becomes merrily and happy becomes happily as adverbs, but glad is simply gladly, with no "i").
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Checking with my teacher/daughter, she says only if TongueInCheeky was the original word (for instance, merry becomes merrily and happy becomes happily as adverbs, but glad is simply gladly, with no "i").
    Ah - I defer to the master ... your daughter.
  17.    #17  
    Ah - I defer to the master ... your daughter.
    I'll be sure to let her know that she was the first to get you to defer to anyone on here.

(back atcha)
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'll be sure to let her know that she was the first to get you to defer to anyone on here.

(back atcha)
    /begins to bandage sucking chest wound...