1.    #1  
    Yup, we got another fight here for us Pre users to win! We are up against the Incredible...poor thing, doesn't know when to quit. :P Here we go, its FoneArena holding the fight this time.

Smartphone Championship: HTC Droid Incredible vs Palm Pre

Show your love and vote
    I voted. The more of these we win the better for webos : )
  3.    #3  
    Thats for sure, this looks to be a tough fight. We're going to take Incredible down no problem, same with Nexus One . I think we're going to be up against the iPhone 4. That might be a very close match on either side.
    I hope these sites realize that thia community drives about three quarters od the voting traffic...
    I almost feel like these polls are hurting more than helping. Every time we win the opposing side just blames us for cheating the poll. I am sure there are people here that do it as well as on other sites, but the fact that we win these stupid polls every time despite having a tiny fraction of the users says something. Not to mention, I highly doubt anyone goes to buy a pre because it won the smartphone madness poll.
    I was in the mall today and as I was walking by the sprint store there was a husband and wife (presumably) buying a new pre and pixi. I look over and the rep said, ok so we have the profiles all set, and I added this web page to show as an app, it's called precentral, become a member, it's free and if you have any questions about basically anything they can help you better than anyone. He continued to show them how to use the site more than the phone itself.
    I stood there kind of well, shocked and had some weird feeling of graditude. They went on their way and I talked to the rep. He said it's not that it's easier to just push off questions to someone else, it's that if you ask a question on precentral, you can get an answer faster than calling customer support. Plus people learn so much more about the possibilities of the phones than they thought possible.

so I think these polls show how strong our community is, I think it is a good thing.
  7.    #7  
    Man, that 2nd bracket...nothing but heavy duty hard hitting great smartphones. Can't believe they got the best all in one bracket. iPhone 4, Droid X, Evo, and Galaxy S. They should have spread the awesomeness around and put one in each of the others. :O
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    I was in the mall today and as I was walking by the sprint store there was a husband and wife (presumably) buying a new pre and pixi. I look over and the rep said, ok so we have the profiles all set, and I added this web page to show as an app, it's called precentral, become a member, it's free and if you have any questions about basically anything they can help you better than anyone. He continued to show them how to use the site more than the phone itself.
    I stood there kind of well, shocked and had some weird feeling of graditude. They went on their way and I talked to the rep. He said it's not that it's easier to just push off questions to someone else, it's that if you ask a question on precentral, you can get an answer faster than calling customer support. Plus people learn so much more about the possibilities of the phones than they thought possible.

so I think these polls show how strong our community is, I think it is a good thing.
    I would absolutely second that. Even with Palm's/webOS's hardware/software shortcomings...

THIS is by far THE BEST community for a smartphone I have ever been a part of.
    I've been hacking/moding my phones for 5+ years. Especially for your more general consumer type. XDA, Modaco, etc are great... but they are definitely more appropriate for the tech heavy crowd. This community has a nice balance of both.

BTW... I agree, the polls are somewhat pointless imo... Especially since it's just apparent that the Pre fans are just receiving more "community support".
  9.    #9  
    Was there really any other choice, we knew Pre would have won, they met before and Pre knocked it out . Next up to be knocked down is Nexus ^^.
    EVO= 5637 votes

Iphone 4= 566 vote

Holy Evo Batman

Smartphone Championship: HTC EVO 4G vs Apple iPhone 4
    None of those links work for me.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    EVO= 5637 votes

Iphone 4= 566 vote

Holy Evo Batman

Wow, that was unexpected...but glad to see my Evo knocking down that iPhone. Guess it goes to show iPhone notification sucks, they got notified about this championship but got lost when another came up. :P
    Now I think its going to be the Evo vs the Galaxy S. Still think its unfair to have all the big smartphones in one bracket itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    EVO= 5637 votes

Iphone 4= 566 vote

Holy Evo Batman

Maybe the voting interface was Flash-based.
    burn lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    iPhone users are too snooty to vote. They don't acknowledge that any other phone is smart, except when comparing left-handed signal loss.

they haven't made it out of the first riund of a single one of these contests fr that very reason, in my opinion.
    ... or considering that a vast (as in almost all of them) majority of iPhone users don't care about or even know about these polls. Your average iPhone users are people like my grandmother, mom and sister who don't even know what an internet poll is (and yes, they all three own and love their new iPhone 4's).

The market share is the true poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    that's my point. They don't know about them because they assume they do.t exist.

same reason iPhone owners like to insist that iOS is fundamentally different than my Pre because my Pre comes from the PC world. Even when I explain it is Linux and show the many similarities in the UI (i have the iphone theme for this reason) I still hear how my Pre is based on a PC and fundamentally different...

narcissim on steroids.
    Not me, when I showed my sister or mom my Pre, they would always ask for specific apps to which I couldn't show them.

My sister: it doesn't have face-in-hole? What about photo editing apps? No? Then what DOES it have?
    My mom: Can I video chat with you or your sister on it?