I love how your link reads... "f...ing eventually"
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I love how your link reads... "f...ing eventually"
    HAHA... I thought maybe I was the only one who noticed that.
  3.    #4  
    Wow! the software simplified that link quite interestingly now didn't it.
    HTC will eventually get it right and release a 7 phone that everyone will love.
    i'm just not feeling windows phone 7. i just don't see the appeal.
    Ditto. Not even an also-ran.

But of course, it will sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    Ditto. Not even an also-ran.

But of course, it will sell.
    to who will it sell ?

In the configuration planned for initial release, I see no market.

I see tepid demand from business since users can't cut copy paste in Office, and they can't multi-task.

Businesses will also hold back rather than commit themselves to a company which has failed repeatedly in the mobile space, and which has made a habit of abandoning its abortions like the Kin.

For consumers there's no App support or App reservoir at launch.

Its browser has neither flash or silverlight support -- and will not be able to view flash animations of youTubes.

Features that may eventually have value -- like Xbox Live integration -- are nothing in the planned release.

Some business will buy it, some zune fan-boys will buy it -- but it will have no measurable impact on the overall smartphone market.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    It will do better than WebOS without a doubt. And many of your facts are plain wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    It will do better than WebOS without a doubt. And many of your facts are plain wrong.
    Doing better than webOS isn't a high bar to set.

I think what's disappointing is that knowing MS has all the pieces to do something better. And they're taking their sweet time doing even this. But having 90% or better of the desktop OS market as well as the dominant Office suite is too powerful to ignore.

The key for me would be how MS capitalizes on windows 7 and office. If the smartphone offers little integration then its not compelling to me in the least.

Media extender? Remote app? I'm a heavy user of windows media center.

Remote pc should be built in. Should be seamless and best in class. If i want pocket quickbooks for example, then that's the way to go.
    many means at least 3 of my facts are wrong.

Please illuminate poor benighted BARYE -- which of these statements are wrong ??

1. can't cut copy paste in Office

2. can't multi-task

3. No flash support in its own browser

4. No silverlight support in its own browser

5. Businesses will also hold back rather than commit themselves to a company which has failed repeatedly in the mobile space -- and on which copy/paste cannot be performed in the Office App

6. No initial flash support means consumers won't be able to view youTubes -- businesses which sometimes have internal Apps that require Flash, care when the browser does not support flash.

7. I anticipate minimal or no App support or App reservoir at launch

8. Features that may eventually have value -- features like Xbox Live integration, game interplay on the phone, interplay between phones -- are nothing in the initial planned release.

9. Some business will buy it, some zune fan-boys will buy it -- but it will have no measurable impact on the overall smartphone market.

Choose any 3 you like -- which are wrong ???
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/11/2010 at 11:44 AM.
    7. Your opinoin because you know whats being developed?

8. Xbox live is going to be up and running at launch, its not really doing anything with the software they sent out currently. No they aren't doing those high end features of cross game play at the gate, but who expected them too? Games will support xbox live however.

9. Again, another opinion, and then saying only zune ******* will buy it? Yet, its been getting high praises minus the two negatives of no C&P and Multitasking (which they have said they are working on). and one stupid article which has been called out by Engadget about being ridiculous....i don't see why you think it will fail because YOU don't want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Doing better than webOS isn't a high bar to set.

I think what's disappointing is that knowing MS has all the pieces to do something better. And they're taking their sweet time doing even this. But having 90% or better of the desktop OS market as well as the dominant Office suite is too powerful to ignore.

The key for me would be how MS capitalizes on windows 7 and office. If the smartphone offers little integration then its not compelling to me in the least.

Media extender? Remote app? I'm a heavy user of windows media center.

Remote pc should be built in. Should be seamless and best in class. If i want pocket quickbooks for example, then that's the way to go.
    Didn't say it was...just pointing out that it will despite people on this forum thinking it will fail. I think it will do significantly better. even if it doesn't do great off the bat, MS has enough money to keep innovating it and marketing it.....its a market where they once had a huge presence (and still have a higher presence than Palm) and can easily get it back.

7. Your opinoin because you know whats being developed?

8. Xbox live is going to be up and running at launch, its not really doing anything with the software they sent out currently. No they aren't doing those high end features of cross game play at the gate, but who expected them too? Games will support xbox live however.

9. Again, another opinion, and then saying only zune fan-boys will buy it? Yet, its been getting high praises minus the two negatives of no C&P and Multitasking (which they have said they are working on). and one stupid article which has been called out by Engadget about being ridiculous....i don't see why you think it will fail because YOU don't want it.

Refuting my opinions -- with your opinions ???

That's definitive ...

This unfinished half baked OS is being released to a world chock full of polished, widely used, and well liked mobile OSes.

But you think WP7 will do fine.

In sum, your are saying that WP7 will be a success -- because its being made by M$.

The end.

(of 9 items I outlined to support my opinion, you focused only on the opinions...)
    If you really want a break down of why i think Windows 7 will succeed I'd be happy to give it to you..but if you're not going to listen to it should i waste my time?
    If you really want a break down of why i think Windows 7 will succeed I'd be happy to give it to you..but if you're not going to listen to it should i waste my time?
    Please -- don't hold back just on account of BARYE's well recognized enfeeblement -- share your knowledge, enlighten us all as to WP7's astounding future.

(but if its at all possible, could you please attempt to include some actual facts to support your opinions -- as I do when I make the case on behalf of what I believe...)
    Here is the answer to your xbox live claim.

Xbox Live launch titles for Windows Phone 7 finally revealed, we've got the full preview -- Engadget

Looks pretty fleshed out for launch if you ask me. Will only get better.
    Here is the answer to your xbox live claim.

Xbox Live launch titles for Windows Phone 7 finally revealed, we've got the full preview -- Engadget

Looks pretty fleshed out for launch if you ask me. Will only get better.
    I have several times stated that gaming -- and most particularly XBOX live integration and head to head gaming -- would potentially be a differentiating advantage for WP7.

Up until now they have not shown what games if any were to be available at launch.

Supporters of WP7 no doubt should be encouraged by the lineup they've revealed -- and that those games seem to play well on the specified hardware.

I continue to believe that "gaming" in and of itself is not much of a distinguishing feature. You are aware, I suspect, that iPhones, Androids and Pres can also game.

As I have said previously several times, what would be a killer WP7 App would be fully integrated remote inter-handset gaming (or even possibly Xbox360 to handset gaming and interactivity).

I am a regular Xbox live gamer. I could easily project active gamers wanting to take their Xbox Live gaming on the road -- at least against their Xbox live friends using their WP7 phones. I could see friends encouraging one another to get WP7 phones so they could play against each other.

The iPhone already allows inter-handset gaming. It remains extraordinary that interactivity between users is not anticipated for launch. Clearly my expectations are too ambitious for M$'s capabilities.

(BTW -- I am not especially impressed by the strength of your defense of WP7 so far ...)
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/18/2010 at 10:54 AM.