Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    1. HP is not a software oriented company. Their previous records show that their software is a burden rather than a facilitator of the hardware, no one will install their software attached with notebooks, printers;
    2. HP are over ambitious and not focus. Apple is focusing on only one single product each time before moving to another new products. If Iphone hadn't succede in the first place, it would not hurt the whole company. Ipad is building on iphone, Iphone 4 is building on iphone. Step by step.
    Even just only one multi tasking change in iphone4 will lead to unforseen mistakes like the antenna issue. Focusing is very important for business.
    3. HP is not a value creating company. By looking at their last 5 years balance sheet, people will find that HP did not create value for their shareholders. Neither had they create value on compaq's famous Ipaq nor compaq, they destroy value.
    4. The good people in Palm have gone. Steve should be careful about the people in Palm, not HP. Steve's current appraisal of Palm is a good software company is a good move. Maybe this will attract more and more good people in Palm to jump ship to Apple.
    5. Apple should beware of Android instead. Because Android's software people are much vivid than HP's old men.
  2. kld2009's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #2  
    What you talkin bout Willis?
  3. #3  
    Yup. cause Steve Francis Jobs is the only person in america that knows how to run a successful company. HP has been in the business a hell of a long time, they aren't going anywhere any time soon.

    I can argue that Apple is not a software oriented company either. Yes, they make good hardware, but the value of their products generally comes from hardware. In comparison to Microsoft or Google, they have little experience as a software company.

    Since when is ambition a bad thing in business. They don't need the same focus as apple, they employ 10 times more people. Besides that fact, they have palm to make sure webos is successful in the mobile space. Any tech enthusiast, besides the most devoted ******* will admit that webos is a brilliant OS. They just need some good hardware, which luckily, they just got bought by a company you claim to be a "hardware company"

    The good people in palm have left? They employ somewhere near 1000 people. You think ALL the good people have left just because a handful of execs have left.

    Get over apple, they are not the only company that makes good products.
  4. #4  
    5 reasons why Lawtony thinks apple should not fear HP Palm.
    I dis agree with all of them.

    Got any good yo mama jokes?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    ...
    I can argue that Apple is not a software oriented company either. Yes, they make good hardware, but the value of their products generally comes from hardware. In comparison to Microsoft or Google, they have little experience as a software company.
    What in the world are you talking about????!!!! Why, if that were true, Apple would have switched their hardware and based it around a different microprocessor - the one that the most popular OS in the world uses. They probably would have even let it out that their hardware would run that OS even better. But, have they done that???? They just keep right on pushing their superior OS with that cool guy making fun of the dork that's a PC (who really owns a Mac in real life). Yeah that's ... what ... huh ... they switched processors a while back??? Really?????


    Hmmmm .... never mind.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What in the world are you talking about????!!!! Why, if that were true, Apple would have switched their hardware and based it around a different microprocessor - the one that the most popular OS in the world uses. They probably would have even let it out that their hardware would run that OS even better. But, have they done that???? They just keep right on pushing their superior OS with that cool guy making fun of the dork that's a PC (who really owns a Mac in real life). Yeah that's ... what ... huh ... they switched processors a while back??? Really?????


    Hmmmm .... never mind.
    Okay, you got me going on that one. Glad I read all the way to the end.
  7. #7  
    Apple almost died when they let other people build hardware and license the software. The only way they survived was a big cash infusion from software guy Bill Gates.

    To resurrect themselves, they had to take control of, and focus on, the hardware. The hardware, and good industrial design of that hardware, are what makes Apple Apple. Apple computers can run Windows now. Maybe because software isn't their strong suit.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    1. HP is not a software oriented company. Their previous records show that their software is a burden rather than a facilitator of the hardware, no one will install their software attached with notebooks, printers;
    This is such a huge overarching argument (which I will strongly bet will not be backed up by any sources) that is has no meaning. But, I'll just leave this here: HP-UX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    2. HP are over ambitious and not focus. Apple is focusing on only one single product each time before moving to another new products. If Iphone hadn't succede in the first place, it would not hurt the whole company. Ipad is building on iphone, Iphone 4 is building on iphone. Step by step.
    Even just only one multi tasking change in iphone4 will lead to unforseen mistakes like the antenna issue. Focusing is very important for business.
    HP has more engineers than Apple has total employees. Yes, a company can really do many things at once. Amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    3. HP is not a value creating company. By looking at their last 5 years balance sheet, people will find that HP did not create value for their shareholders. Neither had they create value on compaq's famous Ipaq nor compaq, they destroy value.
    Oh, I get it. The stock market determines product and market success. Awesome. Make sure to tell that to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    4. The good people in Palm have gone. Steve should be careful about the people in Palm, not HP. Steve's current appraisal of Palm is a good software company is a good move. Maybe this will attract more and more good people in Palm to jump ship to Apple.
    Many executives are gone, but a company is more than some SVPs. And your last sentence there makes absolutely no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    5. Apple should beware of Android instead. Because Android's software people are much vivid than HP's old men.
    Yup, you dove straight into Territory of ROLL. Here's something those "old men" are working on that makes anything Apple or Google did look like a joke:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Apple almost died when they let other people build hardware and license the software. The only way they survived was a big cash infusion from software guy Bill Gates.

    To resurrect themselves, they had to take control of, and focus on, the hardware. The hardware, and good industrial design of that hardware, are what makes Apple Apple. Apple computers can run Windows now. Maybe because software isn't their strong suit.
    Yeah.. but my mac is really good with graphics and stuff.... and its really easy to use.

    Win 7.. too hard to use and the graphics suck... imo ;-)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    Yeah.. but my mac is really good with graphics and stuff.... and its really easy to use.

    Win 7.. too hard to use and the graphics suck... imo ;-)

    You just agreed with me. Good graphics come from good hardware.

    Windows being complex and harder to use does speak to Apple's other strength. They limit their software some in exchange for simplicity and ease of use. The Apple operating systems are not as fully featured as Windows. This points again to Apple's most essential advantage being their hardware.

    Microsoft throws every possible software option into Windows, but lets it run on any machine that can handle it.

    Run a Mac OS on cheap unattractive hardware and I think you'd see immediately how much value comes from the hardware.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Windows being complex and harder to use does speak to Apple's other strength. They limit their software some in exchange for simplicity and ease of use. The Apple operating systems are not as fully featured as Windows. This points again to Apple's most essential advantage being their hardware.
    What features are missing from OS X?
  12. #12  
    Apple should fear ALL competitors since every device that is sold that isn't theirs is money that isn't in their pocket
  13.    #13  
    to: brain recall,

    I said HP destruct value was based on the balance sheet real figures growth during the last 5 tears , I hadnot said the stock price.

    Real working people tend to go if a whatever company's mangement not treasure their contribution. HP had not even say a word about Palm value staffs. Look at Steve Jobs, he said Palm is a good software company. In fact Steve was appraising the software people in Palm. However apple was a giant competitor of pre merged Palm, this competitor is still formiddable. And now their general said I beated many people but only you were a good soldier, what would you think ?
    Last edited by lawtony; 07/23/2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    to: brain recall,

    I said HP destruct value was based on the balance sheet real figures growth during the last 5 tears , I hadnot said the stock price.

    Real working people tend to go if a whatever company's mangement not treasure their contribution. HP had not even say a word about Palm value staffs. Look at Steve Jobs, he said Palm is a good software company. In fact Steve was appraising the software people in Palm. However apple was a giant competitor of pre merged Palm, this competitor is still formiddable. And now their general said I beated you but you were a good soldier, what would you think ?
    Define irony:
    Last edited by lawtony; 07/23/2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    You just agreed with me. Good graphics come from good hardware.

    Windows being complex and harder to use does speak to Apple's other strength. They limit their software some in exchange for simplicity and ease of use. The Apple operating systems are not as fully featured as Windows. This points again to Apple's most essential advantage being their hardware.

    Microsoft throws every possible software option into Windows, but lets it run on any machine that can handle it.

    Run a Mac OS on cheap unattractive hardware and I think you'd see immediately how much value comes from the hardware.
    sarcasm... Sorry.
    win 7 is so easy to use... A caveman can use it.
    graphics? Please...
    mac runs on th same hardware as pc last time I checked..... Could be wrong
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    sarcasm... Sorry.
    win 7 is so easy to use... A caveman can use it.
    graphics? Please...
    mac runs on th same hardware as pc last time I checked..... Could be wrong
    What? Sarcasm? Went right over my head. Windows machines are not as easy to use for a basic user, but we all know 4 yo Kylie can use one so it must not be too bad.

    I thought I was talking to a 'Macs are Prettier' person. So I was being nice. Mac screens do look great. Good quality hardware and Windows will out perform a mac graphically though.

    I'm going to shut up now before I dig any deeper.

Posting Permissions