Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Buddy just got an Iphone 4 and i played with it for like an hour today, I have new handset envy, cool features coupled with many apps was very nice when i put it down and picked up my phone I wanted a new phone desperately. I don't really want the Iphone cause the pre does several things better, I really just want new hardware and more developer attention, just thought I would share what i am thinking. WE NEED NEW PHONES AND MORE APPS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    Buddy just got an Iphone 4 and i played with it for like an hour today, I have new handset envy, cool features coupled with many apps was very nice when i put it down and picked up my phone I wanted a new phone desperately. I don't really want the Iphone cause the pre does several things better, I really just want new hardware and more developer attention, just thought I would share what i am thinking. WE NEED NEW PHONES AND MORE APPS!!!!
    If I hear. We need new hardware, and new phone one more time... I'm gonna really knock my own head against this wall. Lol.
    Plus 1, love your icons.
    The only thing the iPhone 4 needs to gain software wise is GOOD notifications. (or widgets if thats your thing)

Then i find it had pressed to dislike the phone (maybe preferring others but people who think the iPhone sucks are silly).

So Palm needs to come out with rock solid hardware, optimized software and a great marketing campaign...or Android and Apple are gonna run away with it. Lets not forget they are up against Microsoft as well this fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    The only thing the iPhone 4 needs to gain software wise is GOOD notifications. (or widgets if thats your thing)

Then i find it had pressed to dislike the phone (maybe preferring others but people who think the iPhone sucks are silly).

So Palm needs to come out with rock solid hardware, optimized software and a great marketing campaign...or Android and Apple are gonna run away with it. Lets not forget they are up against Microsoft as well this fall.
    True that... Hpalm have a big surprise for us. I can't say much. They forbid me too.

There are more fundamental differences between iOS 4 and WebOS than just good notifications, although that would be a big step in the right direction for Apple. Their implementation of multitasking is still clunkier, and though that's meaningless to the vast majority of consumers, it is meaningful to the people here - myself included. Being locked to iTunes for desktop syncing, having Apple choose which plugins you can and cannot run...it's off-putting.

Finally, I find the basic iOS interface old and stale. Being able to add wallpaper does nothing to change that. I kinda prefer Android's widgets, and that may lead me to pick up the Epic 4G when it drops. Having a Hero with 2.1, I'm not particularly compelled to get the Evo 4G.
    Hence why i said you can prefer other OS'

But you can't deny that the iPhone is pretty solid in their current state.

If the iPhone came to Sprint...i would be sitting with that or the Evo or the Galaxy in my hands right now trying to figure out which one suits my needs the most.

Good time to be a smart phone owner IMO.
    Hence why i said you can prefer other OS'

But you can't deny that the iPhone is pretty solid in their current state.

If the iPhone came to Sprint...i would be sitting with that or the Evo or the Galaxy in my hands right now trying to figure out which one suits my needs the most.

Good time to be a smart phone owner IMO.
    Agreed.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Just get an EVO? Pre sucks now.
    I've heard from various iPhone4 users that battery life isnt all that its cracked up to be, lest you not forget, you cant replace any iPhone battery to date wihtout voiding the Apple warranty TOC.

Another point.. just try using another OS after using WebOS for a while.. you will, I believe, see what I have.. swiping up, and over, away, etc.. all in vain - cause, well, gestures are all WebOS stuff.

I'm hooked. When things are so simple to use, and "uncomplicatedly intuitive" (gonna trademark that phrase) for me, I can then really get into the task, rather than futzing with the UI of the device I'm trying to accomplish it on.

So, while other platforms are certainly elegant, in thier own way, I opine to project that most people who try and use WebOS for a good amount of time will, like me, get hooked, and find that moving to another OS, no matter how cool the hardware is, will leave them feeling "homesick".

I had to do some work to my daughter's HTC HD2 yesterday, and it felt like another world.

ugh!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    I really enjoy WebOS, but there are some annoying inconsistencies.

With that said, it would be hard to leave the iPhone because of the apps. There are so many apps that have become a part of my daily life, it isn't funny. It's unfortunate that the WebOS app development has floundered.

Examples?

Evernote (they have a Pre app, but it is a joke)
    Indigo (Home automation)
    Cam Viewer (View my home & office security cameras)
    ChiefTent (Basecamp client)
    SugarSync
    Carbonite
    Chipolte Ordering

And on and on...