1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Here is a little, very little news on Lenovo and it's slate named: "LePad". Looks as if we are going to be seeing a lot of products with the word PAD in it, Ipad, PalmPad & now LePad!

Take care,

Jay

Lenovo to launch 'LePad' tablet by end of 2010
    By Rachel King | July 20, 2010, 2:02am PDT

Lenovo to launch 'LePad' tablet by end of 2010 | ZDNet

Watch out, iPad. Lenovo is jumping into the tablet computer ring later this year with the similarly-named ďLePad.Ē

The announcement comes courtesy of recent comments by Liu Jun, the senior VP and president of Lenovoís Consumer Business Group. While there hasnít been an official press release or conference regarding the LePad yet, we do know that it will be Android-based and it should launch by the end of 2010.

Hopefully it starts off with Android 2.2 when launched, but anything else could be just as likely given that we donít know any of the other important specs like display size, processor, etc.

Itís also likely that this will launch in China first (ŗ la LePhone) to test the waters, so donít bank on seeing this in North America soon just yet.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    LePad... original... perhaps the spokesperson will be Pepe Le Pew.

Lenovo is a good company and it would be an incredibly interesting announcement if it was running webOS. But an Android tablet vs. webOS is going to be a cool battle. Especially if HP does it right the first time out of the chute.
    I need to start saving up money now for the holiday season. Seems like there is going to be a lot of things that I'm going to want to buy.
    i'll be getting either a tablet, phone, or laptop,depends on what they can do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I need to start saving up money now for the holiday season. Seems like there is going to be a lot of things that I'm going to want to buy.
    No doubt! Holy Cow... it's going to be an expensive Christmas season for myself this year. Now my nieces and nephew will have to suffer because of HP. Maybe I should start a thread complaining about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    No doubt! Holy Cow... it's going to be an expensive Christmas season for myself this year. Now my nieces and nephew will have to suffer because of HP. Maybe I should start a thread complaining about that.
    Just blame Santa Claus. Tell your nieces and nephew that the bad economy hit Santa hard this year and he couldn't afford to make enough toys for everyone...
    At least PalmPad sounds better (to me)