1.    #1  
    super quick apology from Apple, when they cant sell you your iphone fast enough
    600,000 iPhone 4s pre-ordered, Apple apologizes for issues -- Engadget

After you buy it, and have issues with design flaw. Deny , spin, deny.
    1.7 % return rate... while still in the product return window.
    Great phone. not perfect. Poor handling of the design issues.
  2.    #2  
    i found it interesting to see that Apple does apologize.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    You do realize that apologizing for not being able to ship enough unit to meet demand is PRPRPR $spin$, $don$'$t$ $you$? $The$ $scarcity$ $just$ $makes$ $people$ $want$ $the$ $product$ $more$.
    You are Right! More PRPRPR $spin$.
    I didnt pick up on that... my bad
    I think that's even more true for the white one. The demand for that one will now be great, due to the recent "news" that it'll be coming in limited quantities.

Concerning the black one, I have a slightly different take on it. They're apologizing because this actually is showing that it was sold out, thus showing people it's a hot item. It's not exactly the scarcity, but the demand they want to show you IMO. If something is getting all this demand, more people will start taking a look. Although scarcity could be playing into it too. People will reserve one and wait, just to get the hot item.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I wonder:
    Is it really sold out, or did they send everything they had back to the factory for an antenna tune up?
    That would actually be good if they did, but it'd be bad PRPRPR. $They$ $can$'$t$ $or$ $won$'$t$ $admit$ $they$ $may$ $have$ $screwed$ $up$ $this$ $time$.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #7  
    I guess I didn't realize it was prprpr $spin$... $Because$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $something$ $sells$ $and$ $is$ $popular$ $does$ $not$ $mean$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $have$ $it$.
    it is a prprpr $spin$... $It$'$s$ $a$ $shame$ $that$ $they$ $felt$ $very$ $comfortable$ $apoligizing$ $for$ $that$ &$quot$;$mistake$&$quot$;...$and$ $then$ $denying$ $the$ $antenna$ $issues$. $I$'$m$ $sure$ $that$ $that$ $earnings$ $release$ $has$ $something$ $to$ $do$ $with$ $it$ $as$ $well$.
    Of course they feel comfortable apologizing for selling out, lol. Selling out only benefits them anyway.

The antenna issue made them lose luster and that they just couldn't handle. To be fair though, rarely does any corporation admit mistakes these days.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Of course they feel comfortable apologizing for selling out, lol. Selling out only benefits them anyway.

The antenna issue made them lose luster and that they just couldn't handle. To be fair though, rarely does any corporation admit mistakes these days.
    true