Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I agree... who am I to determine if SJ needs to hang up his apple logo'd coat and leave? It's up to the Board of Directors to determine if he has value as a leader yet. And it is up to them to reign him in if he starts going wild. If mistakes were made at Apple with either equipment, or statements being made that reflect badly on the company... it's ultimately the Board's problem as they have the final power. Ok.. that's my 2 cents
  2.    #22  
    Hi all,

Frankly I have no opinion if he stays or goes...however, for better or worse, he made himself the face of Apple and this screw up makes him look foolish. In addition, we still don't know for sure if he knew about it up to a year ago...I assume we will find out, as there I am sure be State charges brought against Apple...

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I think the
    >he made himself the face of Apple> and the
    >screw up makes him look foolish.>

are both VERY much in the eyes of tech writers and kibitzers. The general public could care less. It might catch their attention, esp with the media coverage, but I think many people here overestimate his significance to regular consumers.
  4.    #24  
    hi all,

The media has turned him into GOD & the Iphone into the GOD phone......My big issue is it has no keyboard...b/c jobs doesn't want it to! I have been a smart phone owner for many years, Treo, 300, 600, 650 & now a Centro. personally I cannot be without a keyboard!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    it's an opinion.
    when steve is 85 yrs old... And still the ceo of apple... People could start to say they think he should retire.
    some people may have the opinion he should retire and apply his influence and power in greater causes.
    does it mean he should... No. Do I really care if he does or not... No. It's just an opinion on what I think he should do.
    I figure people do what they enjoy.
    Some individuals will be top gun and decision maker in their company until they die.
    Some find their identity through their job. He might be one of those. It's his baby, and maybe he's going to be involved until he dies. Maybe that's all he needs to feel he has done good with his life.

Bill Gates seems to find satisfaction outta more admirable goals.

Maybe one will die feeling he made a difference, and the other will not.
    Maybe in his last dying breath he'll yell out; 'They Were Holding it Wrong!'
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    LMAO!!!!
    I figure people do what they enjoy.
    Some individuals will be top gun and decision maker in their company until they die.
    Some find their identity through their job. He might be one of those. It's his baby, and maybe he's going to be involved until he dies. Maybe that's all he needs to feel he has done good with his life.

Bill Gates seems to find satisfaction outta more admirable goals.

Maybe one will die feeling he made a difference, and the other will not.
    well said.
    maybe people expect more from a mind like steve jobs...
    if he is happy making electronics till he drops... What ever floats his boat I guess.
    LOL... the last thing he would want to hear on the operating table is the doctor saying "oops.. I was holding it wrong".
  11.    #31  
    ahhaah to both of you.....I would like to think our Dr's. know better than to hold the knife over the blade! You would think Jobs could have come up with a better excuse then.."your not holding it the
    correct way".

Take care, Jay
    I don't think he should retire. Just get over himself, and realize that some people can think for themselves and that not everyone needs to have him dictate and lead the way.

Next thing that needs to change, his resistance over blu-ray. You think everyone wants to download pseudo-HD DRM from iTunes, guess again!

Posted while listening the 5th gen. Nano, which finally got the radio that very other MP3 player had for years.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I don't think he should retire. Just get over himself, and realize that some people can think for themselves and that not everyone needs to have him dictate and lead the way.

Next thing that needs to change, his resistance over blu-ray. You think everyone wants to download pseudo-HD DRM from iTunes, guess again!

Posted while listening the 5th gen. Nano, which finally got the radio that very other MP3 player had for years.
    I actually agree with him on Blue Ray.

Many people are willing to take the quality hit and go with a streaming solution. As bandwidth gets better (fios does 50Mbps) the need to buy a physical Blue Ray DVD goes away.

In my home, we don't even use a DVD player. If I need a movie, I can download in iTunes or stream from Netflix. I also have a couple hundred movies ripped and stored on my Mac and they are all available to be watched at any TV in the house.
    I don't own a DVD player or a Blue-Ray player, but if enough of your users want it, why not offer it?

Back to the topic, based on today's earnings announcement, I'm not sure how anybody can call for Steve to retire.
    Good luck with those bandwidth caps on your "HD" streaming. Not everyone lives in an urban area with decent steaming speeds either. Also I like streaming too, but blu-ray still blows everything out of the water.

Blu-ray will be around for a while, for those who appreciate great sound and picture. Why even have an HDTV if you won't even appreciate it's full use? Also for those who can't even get decent internet in the US, but want HD.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post

Everything that happens in mobile technology basically happens because of him. Certainly, everything that has happened to Palm has been because of him. Do you think HP would have bought Palm if it weren't for the iPad?
    The fact that anyone would believe this is ... unbelievable.
    with that argument... with out Palm pioneering smartphones... Apple may still be making computers... and never even considered making a smartphone.

When was the first Iphone released?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Open letter to Steve Jobs: Retire now!
    Hilarious. Yeah right. He needs to retire. after record earnings. You guys are delusional.
    I'd love to see him get fired from the company he owns a SECOND time. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Hilarious. Yeah right. He needs to retire. after record earnings. You guys are delusional.
    record earnings says it all.
    Life is not all about money. He has plenty of it to do whatever he wants for the rest of his life. If he wants to stay at apple until he is in his 70's... gr8.

The best know when to step down and take a bow.
    They will not be on top forever.... its the nature of the beast.

He can do what ever he wishes , obviously. To take this company to record earnings... from where they were... is a major accomplishment .
    Most people like him need a challenge. Its what made him passionate.

What's the challenge now? Im excited to see the other products they are mentioning... i just wonder at what point does he say im bored with this?

This is the opposite view. take it or leave it. dont make it personal
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    record earnings says it all.
    You mean a record # of sheep? yep...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast