Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Highly praised but no one wants it? Who is praising it?
    The tech blogs/gadget sites that review the thing.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/17/zune-hd-review/

Me saying "no one wants it" is more to do with the fact the general consumer doesn't even know about it. Again, because of the iPod dominance. (or the app store dominance...whatever).

Thats why i think if Windows 7 succeed in attracting developers, i have no doubt the phone series will be popular.
    No, it was originally running the OS from the Sidekick.
    Yeah, my point wasn't what it originally ran, but what the original plan was.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yeah, my point wasn't what it originally ran, but what the original plan was.
    The original plan was to use the Sidekick OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    The tech blogs/gadget sites that review the thing.

Zune HD review -- Engadget

Me saying "no one wants it" is more to do with the fact the general consumer doesn't even know about it. Again, because of the iPod dominance. (or the app store dominance...whatever).

Thats why i think if Windows 7 succeed in attracting developers, i have no doubt the phone series will be popular.
    I wouldn't say it was highly praised in that review.

"So let's pretend for a moment that these players are exactly the same in every way except for how you get music on them. In that scenario, we think Microsoft's angle has some real advantages. Of course, these players are different -- you're still sacrificing a lot for that $15 subscription -- and even though the Zune HD is a tremendous media player with a lot of great features, we still don't think it competes 1:1 with a device like the touch. Still, it competes, and for Microsoft and the Zune brand, that's a major leap forward."
  5.    #45  
    Ok..reviewed good?

If all you care about is music/video...reviews will say Zune trumps the iPod Touch.

iPod touch "wins" cause of apps.

Example:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/...ag=mncol;lst;1

The good: The Zune HD's brilliant OLED display, HD Radio tuner, long battery life, movie rentals, and subscription music integration finally give iPod expatriates something to shout about.

The bad: You still can't use the Zune with a Mac, Marketplace purchases require "Microsoft Points," video format support is limited, audio quality lacks advanced controls, you'll need to purchase a dock accessory for HD video output, application and game selection stinks, and the recommended music subscription plan puts the real-world cost higher than the iPod.

The bottom line: The Zune HD delivers one of the best portable music and video experiences money can buy. At a time when many people have shifted their focus to games and applications, providing a killer media experience may not be enough for potential Zune buyers.
    Now if apps become popular on this device as well as the devices themselves, what is stopping Zune from actually starting to get MINDshare as well as marketshare?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Now if apps become popular on this device as well as the devices themselves, what is stopping Zune from actually starting to get MINDshare as well as marketshare?
    It doesn't have an Apple logo on the back.
  7.    #47  
    It doesn't have an Apple logo on the back.
    haha so true.
    looks like MS. Is starting out giving away their win 7 phones.... To 90,000 employee's
    Microsoft to employees: 'everybody gets a Windows Phone 7!' -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    looks like MS. Is starting out giving away their win 7 phones.... To 90,000 employee's
    Microsoft to employees: 'everybody gets a Windows Phone 7!' -- Engadget
    That's one way to get some users.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123