Looks like Cody Willard called this way back in January Five reasons Google’s gonna kill the Nexus One - The Cody Word - MarketWatch
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    They're no longer selling them on the Google site. That doesn't mean they've 'killed' it.

The reason they made it was to stimulate the android handset market. it worked. it was never meant to be like the pre, iphone, droid etc - was never intended to have that volume.

It was also so there would be a 'baseline' device for development. A standard spec.
    It was also a test to see if people would be interested in buying hardware straight out then choosing their provider.
    Have you seen the Nexus One? It's an ugly looking thing.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    That was the problem -- you couldn't see the thing in person. I want to check out my phone before I buy it.
    I always thought the Nexus one looked sexy.

And all phones need a video like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I disagree, it was very nice looking. Also it was great for those who like to tinker, unlocked bootloader and easy to root.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I think google realized they had a non-contender when we beat them in the laptop mag "march madness" smartphone poll a few months ago.

Yeah, that's definitely what happened