View Poll Results: Which is better and to what degree?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android - Way better

9 12.50%
  • Android - Sorta better

4 5.56%
  • WebOS - Way better

50 69.44%
  • WebOS - Sorta better

9 12.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I would never get a Droid X if you really want to switch get the Incredible. The X has 'eFuse' which makes it pretty much impossibe to do any hacking because it will bric your phone until 'approved' softwrare is installed.

The ONE reason I didn't go Android was the fragmentation. I would hate it if someone had an Android phone but it had the next version of software and I had to wait months to get it and maybe not eem get it and be left out in the cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I would never get a Droid X if you really want to switch get the Incredible. The X has 'eFuse' which makes it pretty much impossibe to do any hacking because it will bric your phone until 'approved' softwrare is installed.

The ONE reason I didn't go Android was the fragmentation. I would hate it if someone had an Android phone but it had the next version of software and I had to wait months to get it and maybe not eem get it and be left out in the cold.
    Kinda like having a Sprint Palm Pre and everyone else has a Palm Pre Plus?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I have the original Droid (posting from it now) hacked with Froyo and a Pixi Plus both active on my account. I am a huge fan of Android but I find myself using the Pixi a lot more than the Droid. So much so that I just bought a Pre Plus off eBay today. I am a very technical person, but I really enjoy the simplicity and power of WebOS. If I could get WebOS running on my Droid I would be in heaven.
    If you like droid, go for it. send me your palm phone though. The current thinking (read: hope) is that the new palm hardware which is anticipated for this year, will knock everyone's socks off, but don't take my word for it.
    Get a droid. More pre's for me hehehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by zak123321 View Post
    My task is simple,
    convince me to stay with the Palm Pre Plus and the webOS platform rather than switching to the new Android-based Droid X.

I've had a Pre Plus for four months now, and while I like it, there are some aspects of webOS that really irk me.

Meanwhile, I am really enticed by Android and seriously considering switching.

So, what do you think?
    I have a feeling that most of you will urge me to stay, but what I'm looking for beyond "You'll be sorry; webOS is better" is reasons why one is better than the other.

Specifically, is there anything about webOS that you think I will miss if I switch to Android (I haven't been able to think of much of anything.)

Thanks!
    (IMO) You will miss the simplistic elegance of the UI and the manner in which it multi-tasks. Outside of that... there is not much I cannot do on my EVO that I could one my Pre. There are many things I can do on my EVO, which I cannot on my Pre/webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Ha ha - I hope you're not in the predictions business. Merely hours after your post, Android Central cranked up this new forum: Motorola X ROMs/Hacks. You can also read the Root Your Droid X the Easy Way article at the top of the home page right now. I guess we can put that bogus 'eFuse' rumor to rest now.
    Yeah. Most believe it would be "bypassed" and many believed it was never even a factor.

Also, having root available is not the whole of the issue. This alone does not allow custom ROMS (and some hacks).

EDIT: Although I think 4/5 root users just want tethering (and likely never load ROM's).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123