Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Now, this is just too funny... If you can't beat 'em, copy 'em.

Palm envy: Apple applies for inductive charging dock patent http://bit.ly/cjLAOe

I love the Touchstone.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    My electric toothbrush had inductive charging before I bought my first Palm Pilot. Pretty soon some one will try to patent a resistive voltage drop. :-)
    Whatever. Good for Apple.
    Give it six months and Apple will tell the world that this form of cell phone charging was their idea all along.
    Does Palm not have a patent on this? Couldn't they sue for infringement?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I want data comms through the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by newman314 View Post
    I want data comms through the touchstone.
    yeah Palm will do that and Apple will file for the patent...

Come on Palm tell me you have patented this...
    The technology to transmit data using the touchstone simply isnt there... inductive charging doesnt work that way. Anything of that nature is YEARS down the road... easier just to give us wireless and bluetooth synch.
    since palm didn't advertise and feature touchstone, the world will believe apple did it first. Wasted opportunity by a failed mrketing group.
    betting hp gives em a couple dollars to run an add asap! lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    since palm didn't advertise and feature touchstone, the world will believe apple did it first. Wasted opportunity by a failed mrketing group.
    In a nutshell...
    That now brings coping to number three.
    apple says it works great as long as you don't sit too close to the left edge
    Given the number of devices that do inductive charging, isn't it ridiculous that the patent system would approve such a patent. Maybe they won't?
    hoo hoo, tell 'em Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    The technology to transmit data using the touchstone simply isnt there... inductive charging doesnt work that way. Anything of that nature is YEARS down the road... easier just to give us wireless and bluetooth synch.
    Maybe you know more about this, but wouldn't it be possible to do this via short range BT connection. All it'd take would be an OS modification and a BT radio inside the touchstone.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    I don't understand why doesn't CrApple just buy PowerMat? All the CrApple sheep probably already knows about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PREferred View Post
    Give it six months and Apple will tell the world that this form of cell phone charging was their idea all along.
    It's not what you create, but how you present your creation.
    That's as ******** as saying... It's not what you know but who you know. Sadly it's true in both cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    That's as ******** as saying... It's not what you know but who you know. Sadly it's true in both cases.
    Take copy/paste for example. Took two years to hit the iPhone, when Apple finally introduced it they didn't present it as if the iPhone was the first mobile phone to have copy/paste, they did however present it in a fashion that demonstrated a new and unique way. Still, to this day no device does copy/paste like the iPhone, actually HTC has copied it on a few of their Android devices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast