1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Here are responses from Nokia and Rim in reference to Steve Jobs comments of other firms smart phones also have antenna drop call problems.

Please note: I am providing info, I am not evil, for providing info that criticizes Apple. I have had plenty to say or present negative info, on all smart phones, including Palm, (of which I have owned four different models).

It doesn't make me wrong and it doesn't make me evil. This time, I think Apple screwed up, (I think Apple's bigger mistake was not admitting problems with the Antenna issue days ago and saying they were sorry)...I also thought Palm screwed up with the Treo 650, which I had an hated, mine crashed several times a day!

For what ever it is worth, I also Apple is compounding it's mistake by limiting free bumpers thru Sept 30th, unless it is going to redesign the phone by then. I think that several States may weigh in on that subject, at this point US Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY), has already contacted Apple!

Apple already has the DOJ investigating several aspects of how it runs it's business, I would think they would like to avoid any further issues with the DOJ!

I should be entitled to my opinion, without ad hominid attacks from Apple fans.

To the person who wanted to know if I had such negative things to say about the PRE and the Oreo issue.

1. I am now in the last 89 days of my TWO YEAR CONTRACT WITH A PALM CENTRO. I didn't know there was an "Oreo" problem until it was all over with. After all until a few weeks ago, I was still limiting myself the the TREO CENTRAL, portion of this website.

2. Unless I am wrong, (and I could be wrong), I have not heard that Palm knew of the Oreo issue, a year before the Pre was sold and Apple did. The head designer admitted so during the week, as did Steve Jobs.

3. Palm rushed the Pre out the door and they literally crashed and burned for doing so. Now Apple just made the same mistake, they didn't want to delay rolling out Iphone 4 and look at the mess, they have made to their pristine Iphone reputation.

4. When I replace my Centro in 89 days, I will not be looking at Iphone for only one reason. I do not want to be without a keyboard, (over 8 years with a smart phone that has a keyboard), after so many years of having one. Mr. Jobs refuses to allow a keyboard model be offered for sale and no other reason!

Take care,

Jay

Nokia: 'we prioritize antenna performance over physical design if they are ever in conflict'
    By Chris Ziegler posted Jul 16th 2010 4:36PM

Nokia: 'we prioritize antenna performance over physical design if they are ever in conflict' -- Engadget

Nokia's looking to ride the mojo of any negative fallout from today's Apple press conference, slipping out a rather fascinating statement this afternoon. The gist of it is that Espoo's keen on letting everyone know how much blood, sweat, and tears they've poured into perfecting their antenna design strategy over the years, going so far as to say that they "prioritize" it over the physical design of the phone if they need to in order to optimize its call performance -- an opinion moderately different from the "we want to have our cake and eat it too" philosophy espoused by Jobs today. In closing, Nokia acknowledges that a "tight grip" can mess with the performance, though they say they've done a bunch of research on the ways their phones are typically held so that the antennas are placed optimally. Interestingly, there was a stink not long ago about the severe signal degradation some E71 users were seeing when they placed their hands on the lower rear of the phone -- but you can't win 'em all, we suppose. Follow the break for the full statement.

"Antenna design is a complex subject and has been a core competence at Nokia for decades, across hundreds of phone models. Nokia was the pioneer in internal antennas; the Nokia 8810, launched in 1998, was the first commercial phone with this feature.

Nokia has invested thousands of man hours in studying human behavior, including how people hold their phones for calls, music playing, web browsing and so on. As you would expect from a company focused on connecting people, we prioritize antenna performance over physical design if they are ever in conflict.

In general, antenna performance of a mobile device/phone may be affected with a tight grip, depending on how the device is held. That's why Nokia designs our phones to ensure acceptable performance in all real life cases, for example when the phone is held in either hand. Nokia has invested thousands of man hours in studying how people hold their phones and allows for this in designs, for example by having antennas both at the top and bottom of the phone and by careful selection of materials and their use in the mechanical design."

RIM co-CEOs pull no punches responding to Apple's antenna statements
    By Chris Ziegler posted Jul 17th 2010 12:56AM

RIM co-CEOs pull no punches responding to Apple's antenna statements -- Engadget

Thought Nokia's statement was strongly worded? That was nothing compared to the little tirade put together by RIM co-CEOs Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie -- a pair of dudes known for having some of the bigger mouths (and bigger egos) in the wireless industry -- in direct response to Apple's Friday press conference on antenna issues. Of course, unlike Nokia, Apple made it personal for RIM because it used the Bold 9700 as a demonstration device in its attempt to prove that signal loss was a problem for phones and manufacturers from all walks of life, but Mike and Jim are having none of it. Phrases like "self-made debacle" and "deliberate attempts to distort the public's understanding" should give you an idea of the statement's overall flavor, but basically, they're saying that RIM puts a lot of time, money, and energy into avoiding dropped call issues and that you don't need a case to use any of their phones. Snap!

Here's the full statement:
    "Apple's attempt to draw RIM into Apple's self-made debacle is unacceptable. Apple's claims about RIM products appear to be deliberate attempts to distort the public's understanding of an antenna design issue and to deflect attention from Apple's difficult situation. RIM is a global leader in antenna design and has been successfully designing industry-leading wireless data products with efficient and effective radio performance for over 20 years. During that time, RIM has avoided designs like the one Apple used in the iPhone 4 and instead has used innovative designs which reduce the risk for dropped calls, especially in areas of lower coverage. One thing is for certain, RIM's customers don't need to use a case for their BlackBerry smartphone to maintain proper connectivity. Apple clearly made certain design decisions and it should take responsibility for these decisions rather than trying to draw RIM and others into a situation that relates specifically to Apple."
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Jay,
    You don't need to apologize for giving us news. It is as it is and if the heat in the kitchen is to hot for some then they need to get out of the kitchen. Please keep up with the news.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Apple is so freaking arrogant. I will never buy anything apple.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PREferred View Post
    Jay,
    You don't need to apologize for giving us news. It is as it is and if the heat in the kitchen is to hot for some then they need to get out of the kitchen. Please keep up with the news.
    HI, thank you, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I thinbk it was kind of low to try to drag other phones and phone makers down with them. But in the end Iphone will still sell millions.
    Ars thinks they still dodged the issue.

iPhone 4 antenna: unanswered questions, unearned trust

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!