Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I like many of the other users on this forum probably thought long and hard about switching to the EVO when it first came out. But when it boiled down to it I was happy with my Pre and really wanted the next HPalm phone and WebOS. Recently though I did a small survey which qualified me to try a new phone for one week which I get to keep in the end. Just yesterday I got a confirmation email stating that the phone will be the HTC EVO. I guess I am one of the lucky few who can try this phone without buying it or renewing my 2 year contract with Sprint.

I still think I will be checking this site daily (actually multiple times daily) looking for the next little bit of information on the next gen HPalm phone to be released.

Has anyone else on this forum heard of people getting phone to try after the release? I understand before hand to work out bugs and change small things. But this phone is already back ordered and selling very well. I wonder why they are doing it now?
    what survey was that?
    no joke what was the survey?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Ive read that ALOT, he is not the one making up names, unless he made it up long ago.

also, I had the evo for a month (had to sell it for $$$ to pay stuff and bought myself a usd pre), and I LOVED that phone, it was awesome. I like webos alot, but I really miss shortcuts on the screen and widgets, etc so I dont have to open an app to check the weather, facebook, etc...
    sounds like a scam. Did you give them your nank account number?
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt02 View Post
    Ive read that ALOT, he is not the one making up names, unless he made it up long ago.

also, I had the evo for a month (had to sell it for $$$ to pay stuff and bought myself a usd pre), and I LOVED that phone, it was awesome. I like webos alot, but I really miss shortcuts on the screen and widgets, etc so I dont have to open an app to check the weather, facebook, etc...
    if you get weather icon you can get the weather in your luancher well the forcast weather like rain or shine and if you want more info just tap the icon.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I did not give any information other then my address to send it to. This survey site has already paid me $20 in gift card and $20 in amazon gift certificate. I was just as shocked as you guys when I first did the survey, but when I got the confirmation email yesterday I started to believe. I will keep you all updated when it comes.

The surveysite is not specific for phones or technology, it is like all the other survey sites that pay you 1,2,3 dollars and so on for 10-30 min long surveys. The one I used was called valued opinions (you can google it real easily).

I am not taking credit for HPalm, just what I have seen around the site.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt02 View Post

Did you get into any hacking/custom roms for the EVO? This was one of the major reasons why I was not going to buy an EVO, and of course along with the fact that WebOS was so easy to use. I do not think I will ever find a program like Preware along with the multiple homebrewers that helped make WebOS better.
    Quote Originally Posted by catallah View Post
    Did you get into any hacking/custom roms for the EVO? This was one of the major reasons why I was not going to buy an EVO, and of course along with the fact that WebOS was so easy to use. I do not think I will ever find a program like Preware along with the multiple homebrewers that helped make WebOS better.
    If you want something similar to Preware for the Evo, check out Geek For Me – Sprint Evo 4g & CDMA Hero It's called the kitchen.