1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Acer jumps into the mix.....This will be very interesting, to see how this all plays out: Apple's Ipad, WIN 7 (& WIN 8, please see my posting on WIN 8), http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...yes-apple.html
    for slates, Android & webOS. I do wonder if having two models, with different OS, will confuse the public or have the sales be cannibalistic?

Take care,

Jay

Acer prepares twin iPad rivals

Posted on 15 Jul 2010 at 17:00

Acer prepares twin iPad rivals | Expert Reviews

Acer is set to take Apple on at its own game with a pair of slate-format devices designed to knock the iPad off its top-selling slot, due towards the end of this year.

Although the company has yet to make an official announcement, unnamed sources in the notebook industry are quoted by industry watcher DigiTimes as stating that two models - one smaller than the iPad at 7in, and one slightly larger at 10in - are due from the Acer in the fourth quarter of this year, just in time for Christmas shoppers.

Although Acer has experience with e-reader devices, the new tablets won't be mere digital books but fully-featured mobile computing devices with in-built video and audio playback, web browsing, and support for third-party applications - just like the iPad.

Continuing the comparison to Apple's highly successful slate, the Acer tablets are stated to be based around Google's Android platform - which, like the iOS software on the iPad, was originally designed for use on smartphones - and will be available with optional 3G mobile broadband connections. Although the devices will be available for outright purchase, Acer is said to be in talks with mobile networks to offer subsidised versions which will cost less when bought with a monthly contract for the mobile broadband connection.

With the devices claimed to be running Android 2.2, support for Adobe's Flash software will be included as standard - something which could give Acer the edge over Apple's Flash-less iPad.

Author: Gareth Halfacree
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    No offense, but you really need to learn how to use commas properly. For example:

"Acer jumps into the mix.....This will be very interesting, to see how this all plays out"

Why would you need a pause after interesting? I notice this in all your article posts.
    What's really cool about my Pre is that I'll be able to use any slate/tablet and have 3G without an additional plan, thanks to Verizon's free mobile hotspot.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by otrc View Post
    What's really cool about my Pre is that I'll be able to use any slate/tablet and have 3G without an additional plan, thanks to Verizon's free mobile hotspot.
    Nice feature indeed, but the battery drain is a bit extreme. I had my Pre plugged in and the hotspot drained slightly faster that it was charging.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    No offense, but you really need to learn how to use commas properly. For example:

"Acer jumps into the mix.....This will be very interesting, to see how this all plays out"

Why would you need a pause after interesting? I notice this in all your article posts.
    Hi,

No offense taken!!!!! I more than likely put the commas in automatically while typing and I truly don't realize it, when I proof read it.....my bad! It has been about 9 million years since I took a classes on grammar and sentence construction, (only kidding). I graduated college in 1975, (OK so only 8 million years ago), LOL!

Thank you for the help. I will try to make sure I don't do it again. Please let me know if I do!

Take care and thank you, thank you, thank you,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post

Thank you Mister Know It All. You have too much time on your hands to be giving writing lessons in a forum.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    Thank you Mister Know It All. You have too much time on your hands to be giving writing lessons in a forum.
    Hi,

Actually, I am glad that he pointed it out.... I could use a refresher course in punctuation. I must say at least English is easier than Hebrew, in Hebrew there are no vowels, small symbols are used under the letters and there are only 20 letters to the alphabet. One reads and writes right to left....

When you learn to read one way and than have to learn how to read the other, is a bit confusion!

All kidding aside, I am thankful for the grammar and punctuation lessons.

Take care all,

Jay