Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Think it might happen this way?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    my guess

1) there was a bad batch, something wrong with the coating/manufacture of the band, wasn't in initial test run.

2) we have fixed it, new iphones won't have the issue

3) customers can get a new iphone swapped out if they want, or a complimentary case.

4) maybe a few itunes dollars for good measure

5) it's a testamony to the phone that it continues to sell so well, it's "amazing"

6) some kind of sorry you feel this way apology. Althoug if the put money behind it, that's about as appologetic as a company can be.

I personally am ashamed by how much attention and time I seem to have wasted on this, I don't even have the phone aand I'm reading blogs for apple prprpr $stuff$ $every$ $time$ $I$ $check$ $my$ $email$!

yeesh. And now to hit "post" cause what's another moment wasted, I'll tell you, too much. I'm done!

sorry.
  3.    #3  
    Well, as you can see, I'm no wiz at photoshopping, but I did put it up as a joke. However, I have to agree with you in part on what should happen. If Jobs as doing the right thing, 3, and maybe 4, would be what the conference consists of:
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    3) customers can get a new iphone swapped out if they want, or a complimentary case.

...but, I don't think it's going to happen that way. I think my joke will be closer to the actual event.
    I wonder how all this would of went if he just fessed up in the first place. Instead his very first statement was to bash is own customers.
    I mean really, how much of a bump in the road for them is this?
    It'll be hardly noticed. They'll continue to dominate for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    my guess

1) there was a bad batch, something wrong with the coating/manufacture of the band, wasn't in initial test run.

2) we have fixed it, new iphones won't have the issue

5) it's a testamony to the phone that it continues to sell so well, it's "amazing"

6) some kind of sorry you feel this way apology. Althoug if the put money behind it, that's about as appologetic as a company can be.

I personally am ashamed by how much attention and time I seem to have wasted on this, I don't even have the phone aand I'm reading blogs for apple prprpr $stuff$ $every$ $time$ $I$ $check$ $my$ $email$!

yeesh. And now to hit "post" cause what's another moment wasted, I'll tell you, too much. I'm done!

sorry.
    Bad batch is going to be a tough sell in light of this story breaking today:
    Top Apple Engineer Warned Jobs About iPhone 4 Antenna Problems

...but other folks are also guessing that this is going to be an interesting press conference:
    Apple's Brewing ****storm

cheers,
    Steve™®, © MMX
    Pride is such an interesting trait.
    It can develop from totally appropriate reasons, and turn into such an unflattering display so quickly.
    Humility is a quality that can help curb inappropriate pride - and humiliation will surely follow inappropriate pride.
    And then there's arrogant pride - it's almost impossible to fess up to - no matter if you're slapped right in your face with your faults.
    BTW, I expect a whole lot of:

- All phones have this issue...and are affected by how you hold them

- Most users haven't complained...and this iPhone has the best reception yet

- Free bumpers to whoever wants/needs them (after jumping through enough hoops to dissuade most folks)

Cheers,
    <signature redacted by RIAA, reason: signature infringement>
    here is what woot.com is suggesting:

• "Why don't you all just call somebody who cares? OH WAIT"
    • "You see, in our efforts to steer people away from all types of ****ography, we added this 'feature' as a way of keeping you all from calling intimate 1-900 numbers. Who's embarrassed now, perverts?"
    • "Like anyone actually reads Consumer Reports, am I right? I mean, really, the cool people get all their Apple news and analysis from completely unbiased sources like Daring Fireball."
    • "You guys know it does folders now, right?"
    • "To find out more, affected iPhone users are invited to attend MacSplosion 2K10: an all-expenses-paid VIP event at an undisclosed location in the beautiful Hindu Kush highlands of sunny Pakistan. Don't bother packing - you won't need clothes where you're going."
    • "We've moved ahead, as we believe connectivity will soon go the way of floppy discs, FireWire, Brushed Metal, and ****ography. The future is non-connectivity."
    • "After talking with our engineers, I feel confident in announcing that the shutdown feature only activates during conversations that do not properly represent the Apple lifestyle brand. We suggest making your conversations more cutting-edge."
    • "See? See? This is what happens when we try it without the Chinese kids!"
    • "We blame Tony Hayward."
    • "Now, if you'd all look under your chairs... THAT'S RIGHT! EVERYONE HERE GETS A ROLL OF ELECTRICAL TAPE! Introducing iTape. The first truly must-have accessory for the iPhone 4, because you must have it for the phone to work. In stores 4th quarter 2010, starting at $149.99."
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Pride is such an interesting trait.
    It can develop from totally appropriate reasons, and turn into such an unflattering display so quickly.
    Humility is a quality that can help curb inappropriate pride - and humiliation will surely follow inappropriate pride.
    And then there's arrogant pride - it's almost impossible to fess up to - no matter if you're slapped right in your face with your faults.
    Andy Stanley likes to say "pride is something you can't see in the mirror.."

Reserve yours today!
    Steve Jobs eating humble pie. Now that would have to be a sign of momentous proportions. More than mere mortals can stand.
  11.    #11  
    Hilarious, obviously, there's someone much funnier than me (that's OK, he's funnier that Letterman too!)

I highlighted my favorites:
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    here is what woot.com is suggesting:

• "Why don't you all just call somebody who cares? OH WAIT"
    • "You see, in our efforts to steer people away from all types of ****ography, we added this 'feature' as a way of keeping you all from calling intimate 1-900 numbers. Who's embarrassed now, perverts?"
    • "Like anyone actually reads Consumer Reports, am I right? I mean, really, the cool people get all their Apple news and analysis from completely unbiased sources like Daring Fireball."
    • "You guys know it does folders now, right?"
    • "To find out more, affected iPhone users are invited to attend MacSplosion 2K10: an all-expenses-paid VIP event at an undisclosed location in the beautiful Hindu Kush highlands of sunny Pakistan. Don't bother packing - you won't need clothes where you're going."
    • "We've moved ahead, as we believe connectivity will soon go the way of floppy discs, FireWire, Brushed Metal, and ****ography. The future is non-connectivity."
    • "After talking with our engineers, I feel confident in announcing that the shutdown feature only activates during conversations that do not properly represent the Apple lifestyle brand. We suggest making your conversations more cutting-edge."
    • "See? See? This is what happens when we try it without the Chinese kids!"
    • "We blame Tony Hayward."
    • "Now, if you'd all look under your chairs... THAT'S RIGHT! EVERYONE HERE GETS A ROLL OF ELECTRICAL TAPE! Introducing iTape. The first truly must-have accessory for the iPhone 4, because you must have it for the phone to work. In stores 4th quarter 2010, starting at $149.99."
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Hilarious, obviously, there's someone much funnier than me (that's OK, he's funnier that Letterman too!)

I highlighted my favorites:
    the writers at woot.com are the funniest people on the planet... we should learn from them to keep things light hearted here, too.

They are hilarious. Scroll through their forums and you will see lot's of funny stuff...

Here is a favorite about names rejected for the iPad...

Woot : iSThatAllThereIs? Rejected Names for the iPad

and the user comments are also great, so be sure to scroll down.

Reserve yours today!
    Still waiting...... what's the delay? The adoring public is getting anxious.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    BTW, I expect a whole lot of:

- All phones have this issue...and are affected by how you hold them

- Most users haven't complained...and this iPhone has the best reception yet

- Free bumpers to whoever wants/needs them (after jumping through enough hoops to dissuade most folks)

Cheers,
    <signature redacted by RIAA, reason: signature infringement>
    you where spot on
  15.    #15  
    Yep, Scuba Steve nailed it.

Hey.... waitaminnit. Did you notice SS's name. With that suit on, who can say what he looks like, and Jobs just got back from Hawaii. Scuba Steve, Steve Jobs... could it be someone knew what was coming for a reason???
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I wonder how all this would of went if he just fessed up in the first place. Instead his very first statement was to bash is own customers.
    I mean really, how much of a bump in the road for them is this?
    It'll be hardly noticed. They'll continue to dominate for a long time.
    Probably.

But it's worth noting that so much of Apple and the iPhone's success is built on perception. Tech geeks have known that Apple has its share of issues, but the public perception has been that they are and have been pretty much mistake free.

The larger issue for Apple is not even the problem itself, but that it was big enough that they had to come off their mountain and admit it in such a public way. Stevie's attitude during the whole saga hasn't helped. He can say "We love our customers" till he's blue in the face, the attitude of disgust and contempt for anyone who actually thinks this is a problem is plain to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post

The larger issue for Apple is not even the problem itself, but that it was big enough that they had to come off their mountain and admit it in such a public way. Stevie's attitude during the whole saga hasn't helped. He can say "We love our customers" till he's blue in the face, the attitude of disgust and contempt for anyone who actually thinks this is a problem is plain to see.
    Even in the press conference. Anybody read the Q&A? Smug, snarky, and dismissive to the core. The fan boy video they played at the beginning didn't help.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yep, Scuba Steve nailed it.

Hey.... waitaminnit. Did you notice SS's name. With that suit on, who can say what he looks like, and Jobs just got back from Hawaii. Scuba Steve, Steve Jobs... could it be someone knew what was coming for a reason???
    Ahhh...ummm (adjusts turtleneck)...let's just say that I love our users...uh, I mean PreCentral posters...and that I uhhh...

I invented the mouse and all innovation dangit! Pay no attention to xerox PARC! Give me your money! Get in my belly!
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    the attitude of disgust and contempt for anyone who actually thinks this is a problem is plain to see.

Disgust? Contempt?

Whoa, someone is taking things WAY too personally! Holy hyperbole.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Disgust? Contempt?

Whoa, someone is taking things WAY too personally! Holy hyperbole.
    Sorry, but if you don't see that dripping through the whole first twenty minutes of his presentation, in the Q&A and in his emails (even disregarding the "fake" ones), you are just not good at reading people.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast