Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anyone else has seen the TV adds that Samsung has been running for the Galaxy S? They don't mention Sprint or 4G but they are out there. Just thought this was interesting... Enjoy!
    I haven't seen them yet. They likely aren't mentioned because there is no release date for it on Sprint but it will be on AT&T and Tmobile within a week.

Do they mention any specific carriers?
    Here is a sprint promo vid (if you haven't seen it).

Sprint Epic 4G gets a promotional video
    My wife is ready to get this phone. Hopefully Sprint gets it out soon. They don't want to **** off HTC probably... Did you see the SMS augmented app from Samsung? Cool stuff.

Although gimmickey like the article states, very cool nonetheless.

Samsung Road SMS for Galaxy S hands-on [Video] | Android Community

For some reason or another, to me at least, it seems like Samsung is executing what Palm TRIED to do.

From the way they are marketing, to the multiple carriers, in which Palm had eventually ended up doing. (-tmobile).

Hey Palm. Take notes.
    My wife just told me (again) yesterday that she is absolutely tired of her Pre. She said she was even contemplating the EVO. Which she was strongly against (when I got mine) because of the lack of a physical keyboard. I have one line with eligibility I have been saving and I might end up using it for a EPIC for her (instead of me!).
    haha my girl nags me about hating her Pre as well. I feel like she blames me for making her get it (although she wanted it when she played with mine).
    Wow. Basically stopped looking at this phone because I didnt see 4g, but now that has changed. I might not be able to hold out for a better palm phone when this hits sprint shelves. Personally I would love to see this with a 4.3in screen but 4in isnt too far off. Any news on if they tweaked the UI to make it better then the moments droid UI? Also what about OTA droid updates? My wifes moment had to be downloaded from sprint and updated over USB, not a huge PITA but still > OTA updates IMHO.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    assuming that screen isn't as big as the EVO (too big for me) I could get excited about that hardware if/when it runs on Verizon.

The key for me is the great job they did of making comparisons to show it's value. Palm needs to do that so people can see the differences...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    It's slightly smaller than the EVO but slightly thicker (due to being a slider).
    After a month of using the EVO, the phone does not feel quite so big... and the Pre feels crazy tiny compared to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
    Wow. Basically stopped looking at this phone because I didnt see 4g, but now that has changed. I might not be able to hold out for a better palm phone when this hits sprint shelves. Personally I would love to see this with a 4.3in screen but 4in isnt too far off. Any news on if they tweaked the UI to make it better then the moments droid UI? Also what about OTA droid updates? My wifes moment had to be downloaded from sprint and updated over USB, not a huge PITA but still > OTA updates IMHO.
    Large updates (like going from 1.6 - 2.1 on the Moment) are typically done via USB. Smaller updates are done OTA.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    It's slightly smaller than the EVO but slightly thicker (due to being a slider).
    After a month of using the EVO, the phone does not feel quite so big... and the Pre feels crazy tiny compared to it.
    See I love the HTC evo's size. I just wish it had a slide out keyboard (or even like those old nokia 9000 series). I dont care about size too much as long as it fits in my pocket Im happy and to be honest a 4.3in screen easily does this.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    I want an android phone with either a Pre style kb or a BB kb, I don't really like the landscape kb. I have a Moment running 2.1 and find myself using the virtual kb even though I prefer a physical kb. I'm actually using my old curve 8330 now, nothing beats it imo for battery life, kb, ruggedness and messaging
    See I dont like the moments physical keyboard. The layout of the keys makes it slightly uncomfortable and makes me have to hunt for keys alot more. I think it has to do with the offset position each row has (resembling a computer keyboard). I like phone keyboards to be a symmetrical grid style and not offset. The new galaxy has this style and I cannot wait to test it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    I want an android phone with either a Pre style kb or a BB kb, I don't really like the landscape kb. I have a Moment running 2.1 and find myself using the virtual kb even though I prefer a physical kb. I'm actually using my old curve 8330 now, nothing beats it imo for battery life, kb, ruggedness and messaging
    Dell should have you covered:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...lSKQgK9xDAFFFA
    here is a comparison on you tube. Galaxy S looks good head to head.

Part 1 Specs

Part 2 Face Off
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That looks great, another contender for my next phone. I have a whole year and a month to go on my contract however, so we will see what becomes available.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

The screens on the Captivate and Vibrant are very very good. They are so nice. I'm just still dont really care for the Android works vs WebOS.